Welcome to Gaia! ::

Barton Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Abomination 100
  • Nerd 50
I know this topic is a little late, but for this year's Halloween did anyone dress up as their favorite Harry Potter character or represent their favorite Hogwarts House?

Feel free to also show off your HP themed costumes from past years!

Here's is my costume:

User Image

I've always had crazy amounts of Slytherin House pride and have been wanting to make my own, personal uniform for years. This year I finally had enough money to do it right and buy licensed items, such as the Lochaven of Scotland cardigan. I was so excited and got a ton of compliments at the parties I attended!! I'm also going to be wearing my cardigan all winter long. <333
I went as Snape this year. I had wanted to do something HP-related for years, but I never had the chance until now. My family had a surprise costume party for my uncle, who was born on Halloween, and we also passed out candy downtown for trick-or-treaters. I forced convinced my family members to dress up as some of the other characters... Unfortunately I have no pictures of everyone together because they didn't want to end up on the Internet, but here's my costume:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I made the jacket myself, and most of the rest is just random articles of clothing I already had. You can't see all of it in these pictures, but I had black pants and black Oxfords. I actually found the white shirt at Goodwill for about two dollars, but the collar worked out really well. Here's a close-up of it:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I ended up just using a cheap Halloween wig for the hair; I thought my real hair would be just a few inches too long but the wig photographed oddly well and a few people who only saw my costume online couldn't tell the difference. That was a little awkward.

Barton Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Abomination 100
  • Nerd 50
Midsummer Rose

Wow! I love that you chose Severus because he's my favorite character in the series. You made that jacket yourself? It looks just like the one he wore in the movies! You're very talented and did an amazing job portraying him!

... You know, I agree. That cheap Halloween wig really does look like it could be real hair from the looks of it in your pictures. I wouldn't have questioned it. xD

It's too bad that you don't have pictures with your family members. Your costume was well done, so I'm sure that theirs were pretty good too! ;D It would have been neat to see.
Flora Carrow
Midsummer Rose

Wow! I love that you chose Severus because he's my favorite character in the series. You made that jacket yourself? It looks just like the one he wore in the movies! You're very talented and did an amazing job portraying him!

... You know, I agree. That cheap Halloween wig really does look like it could be real hair from the looks of it in your pictures. I wouldn't have questioned it. xD

It's too bad that you don't have pictures with your family members. Your costume was well done, so I'm sure that theirs were pretty good too! ;D It would have been neat to see.

Thanks! I was actually just lucky enough to find a pattern to use that was a very similar style to his jacket from the movies, though; I'm nowhere near talented enough at sewing to make anything that doesn't come with a list of exact instructions. sweatdrop

I really like your costume as well! I thought about doing something similar at first actually. xD
i went in full and complete slytherin garb last year and this year
tho i am too lazy to share pics

Divorced Divorcee

6,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
I was a little know it all redface

Bought the robes, scarf, tie, collared shirt, black pencil skirt to be granger, the sex goddess.

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
i dressed up magnificantly for the last movie.

I wore my college graduation robe and my h.s. uniform. lololol it was finally useful!

no but really, i was told it was a pretty good Hermione costume..first movie uniforms..

i had her wand/scarf/tie too..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces