Welcome to Gaia! ::

What House Would You Want To Be Sorted Into?

Gryffindor 0.23076923076923 23.1% [ 27 ]
Ravenclaw 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 26 ]
Hufflepuff 0.14529914529915 14.5% [ 17 ]
Slytherin 0.39316239316239 39.3% [ 46 ]
None, I'm a Muggle. 0.0085470085470085 0.9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 117 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Student

wow, apart from the fact that we both like our fics to be practically novels our taste couldn't be more different. I like my stories to stick close to canon. I like the characters to be in character and I don't like too many non-canon ships.

Even if it is AU, I like to feel that the characters are making the choices their canon counterpart would make.

Honestly I stopped reading fanfiction a long while ago because the type of stories I like are very hard to find. I find most fan-authors are more interested in what characters and scenarios make them hot rather than what would make a really good story.

emo sorry for my cynicism.

D-Wendigo's Waifu

Lonely Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I read this really good fanfiction a little while ago. It was following Neville, and the rest of Dumbledore's Army at Hogwarts while Harry was out hunting Horcruxes. I really enjoyed reading it. Trying to remember what it was called now...
Harry Potter -Chosen One
wow, apart from the fact that we both like our fics to be practically novels our taste couldn't be more different. I like my stories to stick close to canon. I like the characters to be in character and I don't like too many non-canon ships.

Even if it is AU, I like to feel that the characters are making the choices their canon counterpart would make.

Honestly I stopped reading fanfiction a long while ago because the type of stories I like are very hard to find. I find most fan-authors are more interested in what characters and scenarios make them hot rather than what would make a really good story.

emo sorry for my cynicism.

I sometimes like cannon fics if they are really well written, but a lot of the time they aren't well written or they get really boring because it's basically the same story as the books with a few changes added here and there. I already read the books, I want to read something new.
MadamPuddifoot
I read this really good fanfiction a little while ago. It was following Neville, and the rest of Dumbledore's Army at Hogwarts while Harry was out hunting Horcruxes. I really enjoyed reading it. Trying to remember what it was called now...

That sounds interesting. I like Neville and I like his character development through the series. It would be interesting to see what the DA were up to during 7th year.

D-Wendigo's Waifu

Lonely Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Fanged Kat
MadamPuddifoot

That sounds interesting. I like Neville and I like his character development through the series. It would be interesting to see what the DA were up to during 7th year.
Yeah, I really enjoyed it. It flowed with the plot line pretty well. And the author was pretty awesome to remember to remember stuff like Ginny stealing the sword, and Luna being kidnapped by Death Eaters. It almost made me wish JK Rowling included a bit what happened at Hogwarts while Harry was on a camping adventure.
MadamPuddifoot
Fanged Kat
MadamPuddifoot

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. It flowed with the plot line pretty well. And the author was pretty awesome to remember to remember stuff like Ginny stealing the sword, and Luna being kidnapped by Death Eaters. It almost made me wish JK Rowling included a bit what happened at Hogwarts while Harry was on a camping adventure.

It's amazing what some fanfiction writers can do to add extra detail to an existing story so that it sounds like the actual author was writing it.

D-Wendigo's Waifu

Lonely Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Fanged Kat
MadamPuddifoot
Fanged Kat
MadamPuddifoot

It's amazing what some fanfiction writers can do to add extra detail to an existing story so that it sounds like the actual author was writing it.

The author put in some of his own stuff to explain more why Neville looked so beat up, and such. And also included his own take on how the kidnapping of Luna went down.

I'm gonna try to hunt down this fanfiction for you.

Distinct Browser

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Market Browser 100
Fanged Kat

I will look it up. I never liked RonXHermione anyway. Ron bugs me.

Ron bugs EVERYONE.
MadamPuddifoot
Fanged Kat
MadamPuddifoot
Fanged Kat
MadamPuddifoot

The author put in some of his own stuff to explain more why Neville looked so beat up, and such. And also included his own take on how the kidnapping of Luna went down.

That would be great, thanks!

Profitable Prophet

I stick to Draco/Ginny && Marauder Fics

Tipsy Bookworm

I always go for Draco/Harry sweatdrop

Blessed Poster

8,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I'm up for reading any story where Harry isn't part of the original golden trio, any house other than gryiffindor, HarryXAnySlytherinGirl, HarryxLuna, NevillexLuna and the occasional time travel fic if it doesn't seem super cheesy.

Can't stand fanfics about slash, OP Harry, fics that have nothing to do with magic or one of the many insert stories where Marie Sue is somehow now in the same classes as Harry and she will help him save the world.

My guilty please would have to be crack fics. So many bad ones out there but once you wad through them you can find some must reads.
I love novel-length, well thought out plots, and anything where the writer has really tried to stay true to the canon characters' personalities. Often I'll read fics with no pairing at all, just because they're often written with a lot more quality put into the storyline.

Although after saying that, I have to admit I'm pretty much the ultimate multi-shipper for this fandom, but there aren't any good stories for some of my ships. I'd write them myself, but I'm lucky if I have time to sleep some days, never mind writing. sweatdrop

Some ships: Ginny/Luna, Salazar/Helga, Harry/Draco, Remus/Sirius, Harry/Tom Riddle (or Voldemort, just because it's so morbid and creepy, which makes it hilarious to me), Dumbledore/Grindlewald, Seamus/Dean, Harry/Luna (best ship), etc...etc... etc...

Aged Gaian

8,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
I read fanfiction, I like novel length fanfiction, and while my ship is Harry/Hermione I like my shipping/romance to be in the background and realistic, so I don't like romance fics all that much.
I also like Severitus fics.
I am not as much into Hp fanifction anymore.

The only good one I been reading recently is Hogwarts Battle School
MadamPuddifoot
Fanged Kat
MadamPuddifoot
Fanged Kat
MadamPuddifoot

Someone was talking about this one the other day to me - I think it's called "The Darkest Hour" or something like that, up on ff.net. I want to read it now too biggrin

I usually stick to novel-length (>150k words), canon Harry/Draco fics. I prefer Hogwarts era, but post-Hogwarts is good, like when they're both working at the Ministry or something. The ultimate best ones are Bond by Anna Fugazzi and Eclipse by Mijan, and anything by Cheryl Dyson and Faithwood.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff