Welcome to Gaia! ::

so what do you think of Fred and Georges accidental accomplishment?

LOLOL no way thats amazing! 0.62371134020619 62.4% [ 121 ]
wait huh? 0.11855670103093 11.9% [ 23 ]
oh i never realized! 0.19587628865979 19.6% [ 38 ]
thats stupid.. 0.061855670103093 6.2% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 194 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Well I lost power for a few days and decided to go through my HP collection to pass time..

As i re-read book one, and part of two I found a bunch of funny little things i missed the first million times i read it.

For example:
(and this is by far my favorite)

--It says that in the winter fred and george had bewitched some snow balls to follow Quirrell around and repeatedly pummel the back of his turban.

LUL GUIZE VOLDERMORTS HEAD IS AT THE BACK OF QUIRRELS TURBAN

Oh Fred and George emotion_awesome you guys hit Voldermort in the face with like a million snow balls and he was hiding and couldn't even do anything back lololol win*

--

Share what you've found too!
Haha, I never picked up on that one!

This has definitely happened to me a lot, but the two that I recall are:

- The first time through, I never took much notice to the mention of Aberforth putting inappropriate charms on a goat.... Rereading as a teenager I can see the bestiality that is implied.

- In the fifth book, there's one scene when members of the order are all discussing serious matters, it mentions that Lupin is staring at Sirius. The conversation continues, and two pages later it says that he finally looks away. It's discreet, but if you imagine this while reading, his gazing seems pretty intense. (this might be biased because I ship Wolfstar, but...)

Okay, they aren't as funny as yours, I guess, but they're still interesting!

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
hazecat
Haha, I never picked up on that one!

This has definitely happened to me a lot, but the two that I recall are:

- The first time through, I never took much notice to the mention of Aberforth putting inappropriate charms on a goat.... Rereading as a teenager I can see the bestiality that is implied.

- In the fifth book, there's one scene when members of the order are all discussing serious matters, it mentions that Lupin is staring at Sirius. The conversation continues, and two pages later it says that he finally looks away. It's discreet, but if you imagine this while reading, his gazing seems pretty intense. (this might be biased because I ship Wolfstar, but...)

Okay, they aren't as funny as yours, I guess, but they're still interesting!

Lolol woah, i didn't remember/realize but crud, how very creepy of Aberforth!

and aww thats too funy about Lupin and Sirius..wow, I have to re-read that part.

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
I'm noticing in the first two books every time the weasley twins talk its either both at the same time or Fred. George seldom has a sentence thats just credited to him. Actually, I haven't seen him do a single thing alone so far. I guess JKR likes Fred the best..
I realized after reading book seven for the second time that the reason Dumbledore awarded Neville the points for standing up to his friends in the first book, was because Dumbledore had to stand up to Grindelwald, and he knew how hard it could be.

I cried when I realized this. >.>

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Alybrylla
I realized after reading book seven for the second time that the reason Dumbledore awarded Neville the points for standing up to his friends in the first book, was because Dumbledore had to stand up to Grindelwald, and he knew how hard it could be.

I cried when I realized this. >.>

awww ! thats clever of you! makes sense!

i always thought it was because Neville was the best character in the whole series emotion_dowant

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
I feel like there's something very wrong with me for finding this line funny but:
chamber of secrets:

"Snape smirked as lockhart quickly picked it up, saying "whoops- my wand is a little overexcited"

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
So apparently, when Ron had his slug-vomit problem (C.O.S) he vomited slugs on Tom Riddle's giant trophy that he had been stuck polishing for detention.

Lolol another insult to Voldermort. No one he doesn't like the Weasley.. XD

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
not to keep posting in my own thread >.>;; but I'm reading the books right now and I keep finding stuff..

JKR must love 'treacle fudge' what ever that is..because it seems to be the only thing they snack on non-stop. She just keeps mentioning it every where!!! Try and keep track of it when you read.

and then there's Harry shopping for school books, who comes across "Broken Balls: When Fortunes Turn Foul" POA p53 redface

Shadowy Seeker

When Trelawney tells Harry that his birthday is on December 31 - it wasn't Harry's birthdate, but rather Tom Riddle's.

Shadowy Seeker

I SO VERY----- I
So apparently, when Ron had his slug-vomit problem (C.O.S) he vomited slugs on Tom Riddle's giant trophy that he had been stuck polishing for detention.

Lolol another insult to Voldermort. No one he doesn't like the Weasley.. XD

Poor Voldemort emotion_dowant He can't catch a break, can he?

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Mallory MacNamara
When Trelawney tells Harry that his birthday is on December 31 - it wasn't Harry's birthdate, but rather Tom Riddle's.
ooh! i would have never noticed that one!

Dapper Lunatic

I've jsut finished re-reading them
And when I started I'd just gone on a health kick,
and all i could think was all these wizards should be obese! they are always eating! and not just like little things, but fatty not so good food....
I was shocked at how much food is mentioned in the books

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
The Blind Squirrel
and all i could think was all these wizards should be obese! they are always eating! and not just like little things, but fatty not so good food....
You're right! They are always eating candy or having giant banquets.. I don't read much about them exercising though..Their only sport is played sitting down lol..

Dedicated Lunatic

17,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Over Easy 100
I SO VERY----- I
The Blind Squirrel
You're right! They are always eating candy or having giant banquets.. I don't read much about them exercising though..Their only sport is played sitting down lol..

And quidditch but that's about it.
It's a bit sad because I don't think quidditch is compulsury from third year on onwards, so that means all the people who don't choose quidditch have absloutly no physical excerise...which is REALLY unhealthy! It's a wonder why the students of Hogwarts aren't obese?!?!!?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff