Welcome to Gaia! ::

so what do you think of Fred and Georges accidental accomplishment?

LOLOL no way thats amazing! 0.62371134020619 62.4% [ 121 ]
wait huh? 0.11855670103093 11.9% [ 23 ]
oh i never realized! 0.19587628865979 19.6% [ 38 ]
thats stupid.. 0.061855670103093 6.2% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 194 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Conservative Genius

I SO VERY----- I
WHY DID JKR WRITE THIS?!?!

Order of the Phoenix, p 242

"Ron ejaculated loudly."

;n;

Hey, in the original Sherlock Holmes stories, Watson ejaculated eleven times! (See this QI clip, lulz.)

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
smrtness
I SO VERY----- I
WHY DID JKR WRITE THIS?!?!

Order of the Phoenix, p 242

"Ron ejaculated loudly."

;n;

Hey, in the original Sherlock Holmes stories, Watson ejaculated eleven times! (See this QI clip, lulz.)
omigosh..literature those days!

Dapper Codger

I saw this fact on tumblr the other day, and it just about blew my mind:

Quote:
The first thing Snape asks Harry is “Potter! What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?” According to Victorian Flower Language, asphodel is a type of lily meaning ‘My regrets follow you to the grave’ and wormwood means ‘absence’ and also typically symbolized bitter sorrow. If you combined that, it meant ‘I bitterly regret Lily’s death’.

Rowling takes genius to a whole new level.

Kawaii Shoujo

Alybrylla
I realized after reading book seven for the second time that the reason Dumbledore awarded Neville the points for standing up to his friends in the first book, was because Dumbledore had to stand up to Grindelwald, and he knew how hard it could be.

I cried when I realized this. >.>

this makes sense ;3;

Divine Nymph

12,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
In the fifth book when Petunia is talking about dementors and says "I heard that awful boy telling her about them years ago" and Harry thinks its his parents
But it's actually SNAPE.
burning_eyes

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
ElectricBeat
In the fifth book when Petunia is talking about dementors and says "I heard that awful boy telling her about them years ago" and Harry thinks its his parents
But it's actually SNAPE.
burning_eyes
oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i didnt even realize!!!

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
so in the first book when Hagrid takes harry shopping in diagon alley they take the boat back to shore--the only boat---and leave the dursleys stranded on that island for the whole day with no food XD

Celestial Spirit

I SO VERY----- I
so in the first book when Hagrid takes harry shopping in diagon alley they take the boat back to shore--the only boat---and leave the dursleys stranded on that island for the whole day with no food XD

Pity they didn't learn anything from it. lol

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
JKR starts using the same phrases and sentences as the books go on..I guess after 2000 pages you run out of words..

I noticed in the end, Ron and Hermoine keep saying "always the tone of surprise" back and forth to eachother..

and every single person that dies/gets hurt lands "eagle-spread"..or "eagle-something" ..you'd think eagles were the only animals that could fall on their backs..

In HP7 the book, Hermoine says she's never used the 'obliviate' charm before..but if I'm remembering it right, thats how the 7th movie starts..with her casting the charm on her parents.. she did say she used a memory charm on her parents in the book..i guess it was a different one?

....and then there's poor Aberforth..I found a second reference to him and his goats.."a brother with a fondness for fiddling about with goats"

..really now..just what does he do with them?
I SO VERY----- I
Well I lost power for a few days and decided to go through my HP collection to pass time..

As i re-read book one, and part of two I found a bunch of funny little things i missed the first million times i read it.

For example:
(and this is by far my favorite)

--It says that in the winter fred and george had bewitched some snow balls to follow Quirrell around and repeatedly pummel the back of his turban.

LUL GUIZE VOLDERMORTS HEAD IS AT THE BACK OF QUIRRELS TURBAN

Oh Fred and George emotion_awesome you guys hit Voldermort in the face with like a million snow balls and he was hiding and couldn't even do anything back lololol win*

--

Share what you've found too!

This is legit the funniest thing I have read in regards to Harry Potter xd xd xd

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
cuttee
I SO VERY----- I
Well I lost power for a few days and decided to go through my HP collection to pass time..

As i re-read book one, and part of two I found a bunch of funny little things i missed the first million times i read it.

For example:
(and this is by far my favorite)

--It says that in the winter fred and george had bewitched some snow balls to follow Quirrell around and repeatedly pummel the back of his turban.

LUL GUIZE VOLDERMORTS HEAD IS AT THE BACK OF QUIRRELS TURBAN

Oh Fred and George emotion_awesome you guys hit Voldermort in the face with like a million snow balls and he was hiding and couldn't even do anything back lololol win*

--

Share what you've found too!

This is legit the funniest thing I have read in regards to Harry Potter xd xd xd

i know right? XD i was laughing so hard when i noticed it! and people reading it the very first time wouldn't have known at that part..JKR is clever
Not really funny, but fairly interesting

James and Lily were only 20 when Harry was born! 21 when they both we're killed crying
Finding more stuff
This is kinda curious

So it says when Fred and George were bewitching snowballs to throw at Quirrell the lake was frozen solid

Quote:
The lake froze solid and the Weasley twins were punished for bewitching several snowballs so that they followed Quirrell around, bouncing off the back of his turban.

Assuming the lake is frozen wouldn't that kill all the creatures in the Lake, including The Giant Squid and the Mermaids which feature in GoF???

or are they just able to withstand frozen water?
I SO VERY----- I
JKR starts using the same phrases and sentences as the books go on..I guess after 2000 pages you run out of words..

I noticed in the end, Ron and Hermoine keep saying "always the tone of surprise" back and forth to eachother..

and every single person that dies/gets hurt lands "eagle-spread"..or "eagle-something" ..you'd think eagles were the only animals that could fall on their backs..

In HP7 the book, Hermoine says she's never used the 'obliviate' charm before..but if I'm remembering it right, thats how the 7th movie starts..with her casting the charm on her parents.. she did say she used a memory charm on her parents in the book..i guess it was a different one?

....and then there's poor Aberforth..I found a second reference to him and his goats.."a brother with a fondness for fiddling about with goats"

..really now..just what does he do with them?

spread-eagle refers to the position kinda like a starfish, where all your limbs are spread out and you're on your back.

Hermione modified her parents memories, she didn't erase them which is what the Obliviate charm is for, and the books differ from the movies slightly with that kind of thing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff