Welcome to Gaia! ::

so what do you think of Fred and Georges accidental accomplishment?

LOLOL no way thats amazing! 0.62371134020619 62.4% [ 121 ]
wait huh? 0.11855670103093 11.9% [ 23 ]
oh i never realized! 0.19587628865979 19.6% [ 38 ]
thats stupid.. 0.061855670103093 6.2% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 194 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Celestial Spirit

I SO VERY----- I
Sianserais
I SO VERY----- I
huu boy, im in book 4 now

..this one isn't funny but when Harry and Voldy's wands connect in the cemetery and all the ghosts come out of the wands in order they were just killed, harrys father comes before his mother..since his father was killed before her, and she was more recent, she should have came out ahead of her...well, what ever...

ah shoot, i found funny things but i forgot them. I'll pull the book out again and post when i remember.. i've been book marking them lol

No he doesn't. That's why the shade of his mother tells Harry to wait for his father...
nah, i just read it yesterday--his father comes out first in the book (maybe not the movie?) and says "your mother is coming. She wants to see you"

Not in my copy it doesn't. You had me confused, so I looked it up before I posted.
Maybe the mistake was caught and fixed later?

"The smoky shadow of a young woman with long hair fell to the ground as Bertha had done, straightened up, and looked at him... and Harry, his arms shaking madly now, looked back into the ghostly face of his mother.
"Your father's coming..." she said quietly. "Hold on for your father... it will be all right... hold on...."
And he came... first his head, then his body... tall and untidy-haired like Harry, the smoky, shadowy form of James Potter blossomed from the end of Voldemort's wand, fell to the ground, and straightened like his wife." - 2002 paperback copy

What does yours say?

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Sianserais
I SO VERY----- I
Sianserais
I SO VERY----- I

..this one isn't funny but when Harry and Voldy's wands connect in the cemetery and all the ghosts come out of the wands in order they were just killed, harrys father comes before his mother..since his father was killed before her, and she was more recent, she should have came out ahead of her...well, what ever...

ah shoot, i found funny things but i forgot them. I'll pull the book out again and post when i remember.. i've been book marking them lol

No he doesn't. That's why the shade of his mother tells Harry to wait for his father...
nah, i just read it yesterday--his father comes out first in the book (maybe not the movie?) and says "your mother is coming. She wants to see you"

Not in my copy it doesn't. You had me confused, so I looked it up before I posted.

"The smoky shadow of a young woman with long hair fell to the ground as Bertha had done, straightened up, and looked at him... and Harry, his arms shaking madly now, looked back into the ghostly face of his mother.
"Your father's coming..." she said quietly. "Hold on for your father... it will be all right... hold on...."
And he came... first his head, then his body... tall and untidy-haired like Harry, the smoky, shadowy form of James Potter blossomed from the end of Voldemort's wand, fell to the ground, and straightened like his wife." - 2002 paperback copy

What does yours say?

OMG!!! WEIRD! NO WAY!! lol that is awesome.. lets see..mine..JULY 2000 - HARDCOVER

"The smoky shadow of a tall man with untidy hair fell to the ground as Berthda had done. Straightend up and looked at him..and Harry, his arms shaking madly now looked back into the ghostly face of his father.

"your mother's coming" he said quietly. "she wants to see you..it will be alright.. hold on.."

"and she came..first her head, then her body.. a young woman with long ahir, the smoky, shadowy form of lily potter blossomed from the end of Voldermort's wand, fell to the ground and straightened like her husband.. page 667 in my hardcover book

--
so its basically the same text with the parent swapped--crazy XD

Celestial Spirit

I SO VERY----- I
Sianserais
I SO VERY----- I
Sianserais
I SO VERY----- I

What does yours say?

OMG!!! WEIRD! NO WAY!! lol that is awesome.. lets see..mine..JULY 2000 - HARDCOVER

"The smoky shadow of a tall man with untidy hair fell to the ground as Berthda had done. Straightend up and looked at him..and Harry, his arms shaking madly now looked back into the ghostly face of his father.

"your mother's coming" he said quietly. "she wants to see you..it will be alright.. hold on.."

"and she came..first her head, then her body.. a young woman with long ahir, the smoky, shadowy form of lily potter blossomed from the end of Voldermort's wand, fell to the ground and straightened like her husband.. page 667 in my hardcover book

--

That's got to be it then. I know some other book I own has a note in the beginning saying that certain mistakes had been corrected in that edition, but they apparently didn't bother here. Silly editors, confusing us!

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Sianserais
I SO VERY----- I
Sianserais
I SO VERY----- I
Sianserais
I SO VERY----- I

What does yours say?

--

That's got to be it then. I know some other book I own has a note in the beginning saying that certain mistakes had been corrected in that edition, but they apparently didn't bother here. Silly editors, confusing us!

Thats so cool! I've seen little mistakes in books before but I never heard of newer versions with corrections. Lol wow..i should take extra care of my old messed up copy!

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Oooh I found something funny >o>

Its from book 5: *ahem*

"Not this brave at night are you?" sneered Dudly

------------
"I mean when you're in bed." Dudley snarled...

"What do you mean I'm not brave in bed?" Said Harry....(to Dudley)

LULZ GUIZE

I'm too lazy to type the whole conversation in which Dudley refferences Harry moaning in his sleep and then calls Cedric Harry's boyfriend..
I SO VERY----- I
Sianserais
I SO VERY----- I
Sianserais
I SO VERY----- I

What does yours say?

--

Thats so cool! I've seen little mistakes in books before but I never heard of newer versions with corrections. Lol wow..i should take extra care of my old messed up copy!

It's actually called the "Wand Order Mistake" (Google it if you want to smile ). JKR got the order wrong in the first edition of Goblet of Fire and is was edited for the second edition, I think. You must have a First Edition if James got out of Voldermort's wand first, rather than Lily 3nodding

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Gilchrist.Roznyai.Diarmid
I SO VERY----- I
Sianserais
I SO VERY----- I
Sianserais
I SO VERY----- I

What does yours say?

--

It's actually called the "Wand Order Mistake" (Google it if you want to smile ). JKR got the order wrong in the first edition of Goblet of Fire and is was edited for the second edition, I think. You must have a First Edition if James got out of Voldermort's wand first, rather than Lily 3nodding
oh wow! thats awesome~!

Bashful Entrepreneur

5,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
I guess the American versions were fixed cause despite my book saying it came out in 2000 Lily came first.

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
CoderSpider
I guess the American versions were fixed cause despite my book saying it came out in 2000 Lily came first.
edit oops i read that wrong.

oh but mine is american too and it had the wrong one..

Bashful Entrepreneur

5,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
I SO VERY----- I
CoderSpider

Maybe only certain places got the messed up books.

Feral Wolf

12,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
CoderSpider
I SO VERY----- I
CoderSpider

Maybe only certain places got the messed up books.

I checked my copy of the 4th book, it has the copyright year of 2000. Lily did come out first. However, I had to re buy the 4th book because I took the one I originally had to the beach to read it and the sand completely destroyed the spine. Since I donated that book I have no idea, but I think it may have been the one with the mistake. The first copy of the 4th book I had I got the day it came out, and I think I do remember being confused about that scene because I think James came out first. The new copy of the 4th book I own does have Lily coming out first though.

Tricky Survivor

I've heard that one before ! But it doesn't get any less funny!

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
WHY DID JKR WRITE THIS?!?!

Order of the Phoenix, p 242

"Ron ejaculated loudly."

;n;
i like harry potter more and i watch it regularly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff