Welcome to Gaia! ::

so what do you think of Fred and Georges accidental accomplishment?

LOLOL no way thats amazing! 0.62371134020619 62.4% [ 121 ]
wait huh? 0.11855670103093 11.9% [ 23 ]
oh i never realized! 0.19587628865979 19.6% [ 38 ]
thats stupid.. 0.061855670103093 6.2% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 194 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Celestial Spirit

XxRainflowerxX
I SO VERY----- I
The Blind Squirrel
I've jsut finished re-reading them
And when I started I'd just gone on a health kick,
and all i could think was all these wizards should be obese! they are always eating! and not just like little things, but fatty not so good food....
I was shocked at how much food is mentioned in the books
You're right! They are always eating candy or having giant banquets.. I don't read much about them exercising though..Their only sport is played sitting down lol..

And quidditch but that's about it.
It's a bit sad because I don't think quidditch is compulsury from third year on onwards, so that means all the people who don't choose quidditch have absloutly no physical excerise...which is REALLY unhealthy! It's a wonder why the students of Hogwarts aren't obese?!?!!?

How about climbing all those stairs and running to class to avoid being late? wink
But personally, I'm still kind of surprised at how many kids are overweight these days. When I was in school, we burned up a lot of energy just doing random stuff on the playground during breaks - playing wall-ball, soccer, tag, climbing and swinging on the equipment, etc. There's clearly more to the problem than just that the kids are sitting in front of the tv/computer at home.

Devoted Friend

Magic comes from somewhere. They probably burn calories by casting magic and are usually encouraged to eat more. Especially if they use magic more often - like say, in school?

This is my head canon by the way.

Celestial Spirit

chrysanths
Magic comes from somewhere. They probably burn calories by casting magic and are usually encouraged to eat more. Especially if they use magic more often - like say, in school?

This is my head canon by the way.

I like that explanation. After all, even the act of thinking burns a few calories.

Edit: And then there's the extra calories needed to keep warm in a cold(er) climate...
I SO VERY----- I
I feel like there's something very wrong with me for finding this line funny but:
chamber of secrets:

"Snape smirked as lockhart quickly picked it up, saying "whoops- my wand is a little overexcited"

OMG this one for the win! I'm re-reading the series right now. I will post as soon as I find something cool like that smile

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
LooKat
I SO VERY----- I
I feel like there's something very wrong with me for finding this line funny but:
chamber of secrets:

"Snape smirked as lockhart quickly picked it up, saying "whoops- my wand is a little overexcited"

OMG this one for the win! I'm re-reading the series right now. I will post as soon as I find something cool like that smile
lolol XD yes, totally do post when you come across anything! which book are you on in your re-read right now?

Dedicated Lunatic

17,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Over Easy 100
Sianserais
XxRainflowerxX
I SO VERY----- I
The Blind Squirrel
I've jsut finished re-reading them
And when I started I'd just gone on a health kick,
and all i could think was all these wizards should be obese! they are always eating! and not just like little things, but fatty not so good food....
I was shocked at how much food is mentioned in the books
You're right! They are always eating candy or having giant banquets.. I don't read much about them exercising though..Their only sport is played sitting down lol..

And quidditch but that's about it.
It's a bit sad because I don't think quidditch is compulsury from third year on onwards, so that means all the people who don't choose quidditch have absloutly no physical excerise...which is REALLY unhealthy! It's a wonder why the students of Hogwarts aren't obese?!?!!?

How about climbing all those stairs and running to class to avoid being late? wink
But personally, I'm still kind of surprised at how many kids are overweight these days. When I was in school, we burned up a lot of energy just doing random stuff on the playground during breaks - playing wall-ball, soccer, tag, climbing and swinging on the equipment, etc. There's clearly more to the problem than just that the kids are sitting in front of the tv/computer at home.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure that counts too, and having snowball fights in winter, and the Hogwarts school grounds is quite big, so I suppose a stroll to the giant lake and back or just simply hanging around outside counts as physical activity.

Though they should have PE classes, where they actually learn skills. Such as throwing, catching, and perhaps the techniques of a few sports.

Oh and I can sort of relate to that. I'm in highschool right now, and I can tell you that at recess and lunch, hardly anyone runs around or does anything strenuous. I think all the new technology (phones/laptops) might have something to do with it.
I SO VERY----- I
chamber of secrets:

Ahahahahahhahaha oh geez i need to re-read that!
I SO VERY----- I
LooKat
I SO VERY----- I
chamber of secrets:

lolol XD yes, totally do post when you come across anything! which book are you on in your re-read right now?

*answers you a thousand years later lol*

I'm on SS. I'm reading it slowly while also reading The Night Circus. I'm reading SS and listening to the corresponding Alohomora podcast on Mugglenet. It's a great combo smile

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
LooKat
I SO VERY----- I
LooKat
I SO VERY----- I
chamber of secrets:

*answers you a thousand years later lol*

I'm on SS. I'm reading it slowly while also reading The Night Circus. I'm reading SS and listening to the corresponding Alohomora podcast on Mugglenet. It's a great combo smile
Oooh i didn't know such a podcast existed! i will totally have to check it out!

Friendly Explorer

hazecat
Haha, I never picked up on that one!

This has definitely happened to me a lot, but the two that I recall are:

- The first time through, I never took much notice to the mention of Aberforth putting inappropriate charms on a goat.... Rereading as a teenager I can see the bestiality that is implied.

- In the fifth book, there's one scene when members of the order are all discussing serious matters, it mentions that Lupin is staring at Sirius. The conversation continues, and two pages later it says that he finally looks away. It's discreet, but if you imagine this while reading, his gazing seems pretty intense. (this might be biased because I ship Wolfstar, but...)

Okay, they aren't as funny as yours, I guess, but they're still interesting!

Now, where is my book five? I need to go look that up...

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
So guys, maybe you knew but I just realized Voldermort is like 60+ years old XD

In T.G.O.F, they mention Tom Riddle was a teen 50 years ago.. lolol..not only does he not have a nose, but he's a senior citizen. Poor guy..

anddddddddd more excitingly, The Lovegoods are mentioned in book 5, while Luna doesn't turn up until book 5. I never realized before-- Cedrics dad just says the Lovegoods are already at the World Cup and will not be taking the local portkey. --It had me thinking, did JKR already plan Luna at that point or was it just a last name she threw into the story which she decided to use later on.---

Friendly Explorer

I SO VERY----- I
So guys, maybe you knew but I just realized Voldermort is like 60+ years old XD

In T.G.O.F, they mention Tom Riddle was a teen 50 years ago.. lolol..not only does he not have a nose, but he's a senior citizen. Poor guy..

anddddddddd more excitingly, The Lovegoods are mentioned in book 5, while Luna doesn't turn up until book 5. I never realized before-- Cedrics dad just says the Lovegoods are already at the World Cup and will not be taking the local portkey. --It had me thinking, did JKR already plan Luna at that point or was it just a last name she threw into the story which she decided to use later on.---

I hope that it was the first one. Even if I'm not smart enough to plan outmy chracacters that well, I want to think of my favorite authour to do that.

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
huu boy, im in book 4 now

..this one isn't funny but when Harry and Voldy's wands connect in the cemetery and all the ghosts come out of the wands in order they were just killed, harrys father comes before his mother..since his father was killed before her, and she was more recent, she should have came out ahead of her...well, what ever...

ah shoot, i found funny things but i forgot them. I'll pull the book out again and post when i remember.. i've been book marking them lol

Celestial Spirit

I SO VERY----- I

..this one isn't funny but when Harry and Voldy's wands connect in the cemetery and all the ghosts come out of the wands in order they were just killed, harrys father comes before his mother..since his father was killed before her, and she was more recent, she should have came out ahead of her...well, what ever...

ah shoot, i found funny things but i forgot them. I'll pull the book out again and post when i remember.. i've been book marking them lol

No he doesn't. That's why the shade of his mother tells Harry to wait for his father...

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Sianserais
I SO VERY----- I

No he doesn't. That's why the shade of his mother tells Harry to wait for his father...
nah, i just read it yesterday--his father comes out first in the book (maybe not the movie?) and says "your mother is coming. She wants to see you"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff