Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Friend

5,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
So as mostly everyone has heard they are making or discussing making Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movie series. Many speculate that they might even make a Tales of Beetle the Bard or Quidditch Through the Ages and even more speculated Hogwarts a History following the founders. What are your thoughts? I for one would love to see a Marauder Era movie.

Tipsy Autobiographer

4,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Guildmember 100
A maurader's movie series would be wonderful, but I feel J.K. Rowling would write a series before that happened if it ever happened.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Romanadvoratrelundar TL
So as mostly everyone has heard they are making or discussing making Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movie series. Many speculate that they might even make a Tales of Beetle the Bard or Quidditch Through the Ages and even more speculated Hogwarts a History following the founders. What are your thoughts? I for one would love to see a Marauder Era movie.

I was reading that Newt Scamander was one of J.K. Rowling's favorite characters, so that might be the reason we're getting a series about him. I'm not so sure a film series about Quidditch, or Wizarding Fairy Tales, would work so well as a man traveling the world and seeing the marvels of magical creatures.

I did hear that she'd considered doing Hogwarts: A History, if she ever does another Harry Potter charity book, though. Which, unlike Harry and Ron, I would love to read.
I agree with everyone else. I don't ever see the Mauraders ever making it out of fanfiction and the brief snipets in the books.

I think this new movie has the potential to be something great and I look forward to reading about the production as it proceeds.

I think a book about the Hogwarts founders would be the coolest. I know a few sites have talked about this already.

Divorced Divorcee

6,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Xiam
Romanadvoratrelundar TL

I was reading that Newt Scamander was one of J.K. Rowling's favorite characters, so that might be the reason we're getting a series about him. I'm not so sure a film series about Quidditch, or Wizarding Fairy Tales, would work so well as a man traveling the world and seeing the marvels of magical creatures.

I did hear that she'd considered doing Hogwarts: A History, if she ever does another Harry Potter charity book, though. Which, unlike Harry and Ron, I would love to read.

It would be amazing to know the history of the castle!

Dapper Shapeshifter

6,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
JustLovesMusic
A maurader's movie series would be wonderful, but I feel J.K. Rowling would write a series before that happened if it ever happened.

true, but im not so sure she liked the marauders enough to dive into their world. that would also be a whole new area to work though so *shrug* i doubt it will happen but OH GOD WOULD I READ IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN

Blessed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Streaker 200
Yeah, if she ever did go back to the Marauders (which I doubt, cuz James was clearly a jerk at that age *cough*Pensieve scene with Snape*cough*) it would be as a book. Though it might be kinda nice to see how James went from to bully to everyone's favorite guy (and a secret bully on the side, cuz Snape wants payback so neither can stop fighting).

Anyways, Hogwarts a History, or anything founder related would be beyond awesome. 3nodding

JKR says on her site that FBaWtFT will be set 70 years before HP. That would be before Grindlewald too. So, any guesses what its about? Scamander traveling the world to learn about magical animals?
Animekitty47
Yeah, if she ever did go back to the Marauders (which I doubt, cuz James was clearly a jerk at that age *cough*Pensieve scene with Snape*cough*) it would be as a book. Though it might be kinda nice to see how James went from to bully to everyone's favorite guy (and a secret bully on the side, cuz Snape wants payback so neither can stop fighting).

Anyways, Hogwarts a History, or anything founder related would be beyond awesome. 3nodding

JKR says on her site that FBaWtFT will be set 70 years before HP. That would be before Grindlewald too. So, any guesses what its about? Scamander traveling the world to learn about magical animals?

From what I've gathered, it does seem to be that it is going to be about Scamander's experiences in writing the book. I believe I also read something about his character being from NY, but as I said, this is all hearsay that I think I'm remembering correctly.

Anxious Millionaire

Frankly, my reaction to this new movie was "OMG, YAY," and then "...really?"

I mean, I'll take it because I'm starved for any new Potter material and I'm interested to see what Rowling does with it, but I can think of dozens of other spinoffs I would have found more interesting (and yes, of course The Marauders are on that list.)
From what I read warner Bros was the one pushing for permission to make the movie. JK was hesitant about it. Then she decided that she'd feel weird letting someone else come up with official material in her world, so she made the deal the movie could be made but only if she gets to write the screenplay herself.
thedustyphoenix
From what I read warner Bros was the one pushing for permission to make the movie. JK was hesitant about it. Then she decided that she'd feel weird letting someone else come up with official material in her world, so she made the deal the movie could be made but only if she gets to write the screenplay herself.

I read that as well, and to be honest that's the only way I would want anything Harry Potter related done, otherwise it runs the risk of being absolutely butchered! But I'm pretty happy that it's happening!
Kae_Lae
thedustyphoenix

I read that as well, and to be honest that's the only way I would want anything Harry Potter related done, otherwise it runs the risk of being absolutely butchered! But I'm pretty happy that it's happening!

Agreed. I just hope that WB plans to give it a good amount of effort and budget and not write it off as a B movie from the start. XP

Lonely Explorer

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Edward 100
Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. I have the book already. It's a small red one with notes by Harry plus some doodles done by Ron. Also a couple notes from Hermione.
I didn't think of Hogwarts A History but it would be pretty cool to see how the school was founded.
Romanadvoratrelundar TL

YES. Everything about that just yes.

I'm really excited for the new movies, J.K. hinted that we'll meet characters from the original story line in this one. But it'll be someone who's older since they're supposed to be in NY in the 20's (that's what I've heard anyway)

But to be perfectly honest... I would totally sacrifice a Twilight fan to J.K. if it'd get me a Marauders movie.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff