Welcome to Gaia! ::

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
So as some of you may or may not know we are going to be getting a movie trilogy based of Newts book, Fantastic Beasts:

Read Here

And I must say that whilst I am looking forward to this I am also on the fence, I think it will be interesting to see an extension of Harry's world but also I think that she would of gotten more money (because we know this trilogy is only happening because she can get more money from three movies then one) if she went with a Marauders movie or book series or something.
Nafretiti
So as some of you may or may not know we are going to be getting a movie trilogy based of Newts book, Fantastic Beasts:

Read Here

And I must say that whilst I am looking forward to this I am also on the fence, I think it will be interesting to see an extension of Harry's world but also I think that she would of gotten more money (because we know this trilogy is only happening because she can get more money from three movies then one) if she went with a Marauders movie or book series or something.

Finally, a tasteful thread with an actual point in existing.

Thank you so much for posting it, I caught the news though.

Commander in Chief

Javier Cross
Nafretiti

Read Here

Finally, a tasteful thread with an actual point in existing.

Thank you so much for posting it, I caught the news though.
Did you know that I am not a frog, but if I were a frog, my name would be Mr. Hoppy McHoppington the 3rd? K, now you know!
So does anyone else have more to say about the movies?

Tipsy Bookworm

I'll withhold all judgements until I can watch it but I'm pretty excited to see more magical creatures whee

Greedy Genius

Personally i'm glad the movies aren't going to be about the marauders. i'm really hopping that they'll get a tv series somewhere down the line. it might not get as big a budget, but it could go way more in depth with their school years and not just be a quick overview of their lives.

as for fantastic beasts and where to find them, i don't know too much about it. never read the book, but i'm just happy that this is proof that the world of Harry Potter will continue to grow.
Kigaru_ECP
Personally i'm glad the movies aren't going to be about the marauders. i'm really hopping that they'll get a tv series somewhere down the line. it might not get as big a budget, but it could go way more in depth with their school years and not just be a quick overview of their lives.

as for fantastic beasts and where to find them, i don't know too much about it. never read the book, but i'm just happy that this is proof that the world of Harry Potter will continue to grow.

Here's hoping no punches will be pulled if/when the movie(s) arrive, agreed?

Hilarious Hunter

5,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Gaian 50
i am glad they are making an extension on the world i love so much... but i think they should have done a back story thing on the Marauders and show how their friendship was and everything.
I am excited to see more of Harry's world, but I think the whole concept will be so different from the Harry Potter series which will be interesting. I am curious to see how it will turn out!

Fashionable Noob

9,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
I love Harry Potter and thought the FBAWTFT book was funny, with the little scribbles and all in the margins. However, I can't help but feel like the movie is a disaster waiting to happen. Rowling won't let that happen, though, I'm sure.
Anarchist Waffles
I love Harry Potter and thought the FBAWTFT book was funny, with the little scribbles and all in the margins. However, I can't help but feel like the movie is a disaster waiting to happen. Rowling won't let that happen, though, I'm sure.

Well either way, whether you belong on the Hufflepuff House or not it must be noted that the Hufflepuff House deserves positive representation in there, if at least to make up for the overall lack thereof in terms of representation during the main 7 Volumes.(Aside from Cedric Diggory, Nymphadora Tonks if she's a Hufflepuff and maybe Susan Bones or Ernie MacMillian, except the latter two didn't get to do much.)

I somehow feel that the likes of Authors Jake Sparks and Rick Riordan have each done that kind of thing first before J.K.R got the chance, each in a different manner and all that jazz but that bit's neither here nor there.

What is in front of us is what we are discussing, I am mostly going to hope the various Creatures get better fleshed-out, because one can only hope to hear of the Veela-blooded individuals and the House Elves for so long in terms of combat-effectiveness, let some of the Dragon Breeds have a chance along with some of the Werewolves and Vamps in there I say
I wanna know more on what the other creatures and beings have to offer because we barely recall Centaurs being able to see the Future for those that study foresight and whatnot.

Greedy Capitalist

All the things to make a movie about and she picks Newt Scamander...
iKarnezar
All the things to make a movie about and she picks Newt Scamander...

Well the Modern-day Hufflepuff House did wind up with a Bad Reputation, if its true that Fudge was once a part of that House a long time ago.
Which given how Fudge is recognized as the person who condemned Britain to a War that jeopardizes a lot of lives without the decency to prepare everyone else for it, let's just face it that some serious reputation repair was needed.

___

That said, I'm all for a couple of more combative Side-stories or events that happened before the novels myself.

Fluffy Friend

whee I have to say, I loved the book about the creatures, they should make a movie, just to see what they do about it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff