Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Conversationalist

9,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
I will read and comment/review on your Harry Potter fanfiction, if you do the same to mine. smile

My fanfiction

Apocalyptic Singing

15,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
It's interesting. I'm not the biggest fan of the Malfoy/ Slytherin-dark wizards thing you have going. Despite the title, the plot does seem to be taking on an emotionally abused Harry Potter rather then neglected canon Harry Potter.

Witty Conversationalist

9,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
X_of_Pentacles
It's interesting. I'm not the biggest fan of the Malfoy/ Slytherin-dark wizards thing you have going. Despite the title, the plot does seem to be taking on an emotionally abused Harry Potter rather then neglected canon Harry Potter.

Well i'm not that into the series, I was assuming that from the post-war view, and since the kids are just carrying on the stories that their parents told them, most of kids do really think Slytherins/Malfoy's are evil.

Though later in the series their opinion will change.

And what do you mean by emotionally abused Harry potter?

Apocalyptic Singing

15,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
La Chocolate Bliss
X_of_Pentacles

Well i'm not that into the series, I was assuming that from the post-war view, and since the kids are just carrying on the stories that their parents told them, most of kids do really think Slytherins/Malfoy's are evil.

Harry potter was acknowledged on some level. I live with someone who was raised in an era where children were seen and not heard. Taunts, ignored, and shunned? Yeah, that's emotional abuse. I don't doubt Harry Potter, with all his positive attributes, would have acted differently the moment he got a letter had the Dursleys done more then just work him from sun up to sun down.

Witty Conversationalist

9,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Mark Twain 100
X_of_Pentacles
La Chocolate Bliss
X_of_Pentacles

Harry potter was acknowledged on some level. I live with someone who was raised in an era where children were seen and not heard. Taunts, ignored, and shunned? Yeah, that's emotional abuse. I don't doubt Harry Potter, with all his positive attributes, would have acted differently the moment he got a letter had the Dursleys done more then just work him from sun up to sun down.

Ah, I see what you mean.
Well I also took it from the point that nowadays, kids are much meaner and more spoiled then they were during the 90's. So I kind of Incorporated that into the fanfiction, and made it that she got bullied frequently as a kind in the 20st century would.
I like this story actually. I think it's something I'd definitely read more of, anyway, even if others seem to disagree. I guess it's all based on individual opinions though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games