Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Friend

Does anyone have any good suggestions for these kinds of fanfic?

As in STORIES THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN WRITEN. I'D LIKE LINKS PLEASE.

SI's are rare surprisingly, and Peggy Sues are always fun.

Please and thank you.

Peggy Sue = Peggy Sue Got Married = Time Travel
is a peggy sue like a mary sue
or what
Try a dot hack universe crossover involving the Potter-world, and we'll be talking, I'm sure.
Unless Fiyori_Takeshi and WickedREMY feel otherwise, that is.

Fire 0ak's Princess

Timid Cupcake

21,200 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Loiterer 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
yum_tea
I've read a few dbz/hp that were ok, surprisingly. Try hp/yu-gi-oh or yuyu hakusho. I'd read, I may be the only one. emotion_awesome

Devoted Friend

water_spirit
yum_tea
I've read a few dbz/hp that were ok, surprisingly. Try hp/yu-gi-oh or yuyu hakusho. I'd read, I may be the only one. emotion_awesome

....I actually don't like those fandoms, really. Sorry.

Sweet Bunny

13,350 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I see you like Final Fantasy so perhaps this is to your taste if you haven't already read it

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2517783/1/Dark_Summoner

It's a FFX/HP crossover with Tidus/Harry as the main pairing.

Seeker

7,300 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I thought self-inserts were a bad thing ._.'
Shows what I know XP

I've already mentioned one time-travel fic in kakteed's thread, but here's another one I just found out about the other day: The Moment It Began. I haven't read it myself yet, so I don't know if it's good or bad, but the premise is that Snape gets a second chance at living his life and changing it where it all went pear-shaped.

Run That By Me Again is sort of self-insert in that Harry and Hermione now reason the same way the writer would have. There's not really any plot, just scenes from the books rewritten with a hefty dose of "why didn't they do it like this". Some chapters are better than others, a few are hilarious.

Now, I've spent about two hours going through my favourite fanfics, and I've come to the conclusion that I don't read a lot of crossovers or Peggy-Sue fics. I couldn't tempt you with some Harry crack!fic perhaps?

Devoted Friend

The Chosen Captain
I thought self-inserts were a bad thing ._.'
Shows what I know XP

I wanna write a SI for HP. So, I really want to find others. lol

Aekea Soldier

chrysanths

I wanna write a SI for HP. So, I really want to find others. lol

Have you seen the TVTropes page? There are a few examples there as well as some pointers on how to do it well and how to do it less well.

The Chosen Captain
I thought self-inserts were a bad thing

According to the instant knowledge I found by the powers of Internet, it doesn't necessary have to be that way. Though most are probably really bad. But that goes for all fanfiction.

Devoted Friend

Amrafel

Have you seen the TVTropes page? There are a few examples there as well as some pointers on how to do it well and how to do it less well.

I actually read that page. There are more unlisted things though that I want to discover. sweatdrop

Ruthless Sex Symbol

12,825 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I have one in the works that may interest you. ninja I can send you a link once it is finished if you like.

Devoted Friend

The Fanfiction Nymph
I have one in the works that may interest you. ninja I can send you a link once it is finished if you like.
I'd like that. Thank you.

Married Werewolf

LOL, I have no idea. those are the ones I avoid.
Also, Mary Sue

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces