Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thieving Rogue

11,800 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Welcome!

Since I have yet to see a thread dedicated to the Slytherin house and since I know quite a few people dislike anyone from Slytherin, I've started this thread. Here, if you actually do like the Slytherin house and their students and teachers, feel free to comment here. I will not tolerate a bunch of people who bombard this thread with angry threats of how could anyone like Slytherins or character bashing [some mild bashing is okay].

I would like people to come and talk about their favorite Slytherin character or if they think they would be in Slytherin [if Hogwarts was a real place] and why. Discussion about Snape, Lucius, Voldermolt, Potions class, and Defense Against the Dark Arts class is also allowed. Anything involving dark wizards or dark arts is allowed! So pick something and discuss it! Even if it's just your love for Slytherin or favorite character! 3nodding

Due to my long absence, chat not relating to Slytherins or HP is okay. sweatdrop

Update Section:

smile Yay, I back after a long hiatus, where I had no way of getting onto the Gaia site. I'm very pleasantly surprised to see that this thread has lived on. To everyone who continously posted and all newcomers during my absence - THANK YOU ALL! YOU ALL ROCK! biggrin heart

The contests that I had going should probably be voided since I wasn't here and I don't really feel like searching for who the winners might be. sad Though I feel bad about that decision... Although, with enough protests I'll pay up, otherwise, I'll start a new contest at a later date. One that I promise to see through!

As for the question part of my old updates, I guess I'll leave it out for the time being. Let me think up some good questions first. Oh, if anyone has created a banner for this thread, then feel free to send it to me. If it passes my inspection, I'll post it along with the banners I created [and I'll of course give you credit for your work].

As always, please keep posts somewhat intelligent and civilized. ^_^

Banners:

Help me spread the word about this thread by sticking one of these banners in your sig:

*New!*

These 3 new additions to the banner section come courtsey of long time member of this thread, Riftwing! ^_^ Thank you so much. sweatdrop And I'm sorry I took forever to put these up.

User Image

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/BatchSan/Slytherin-Dracoandfriends.jpg

User Image

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/BatchSan/SlytherinPride.jpg

This one is abit alternative, but I like very much. If it suits you feel free to stick it in your sig. ^.^

User Image

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/BatchSan/Slytherclaw.jpg

User Image

If you like this one, here's the link to the banner:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/BatchSan/join.jpg

If you noticed, I removed the other banner that I had here. It's the same as the one below, but it was plain and sorta boring. If anyone ever wants it, send me a pm I'll send it to you so you can link to this thread with it.

User Image

If you like this one, here's the link to the banner:

http://img38.photobucket.com/albums/v118/BatchSan/DARK_WIZARDS_BANNER_2.jpg

*If you have problems linking a banner send me a pm and I'll help you.

Contest!

No contests at the moment.

Rules:

- No bumps. It's cheating. This is a discussion thread, so discuss!

- No fighting.

- No cybering. Flirting is okay and some minor touching, but let's keep it PG-13, folks!

- Roleplaying is allowed for the time being. I doubt I'll change my mind, but just in case I do, you have a forewarning.

- Have fun! 3nodding
I think that dumbledore and volde... he who must not be named lol will get into a fight. dumbledore will be killed and in the distraction of surprised victory harry will kill voldemort

Thieving Rogue

11,800 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Kyoshiro04
I think that dumbledore and volde... he who must not be named lol will get into a fight. dumbledore will be killed and in the distraction of surprised victory harry will kill voldemort

o.O Interesting theory. But wouldn't Harry be surprised about Dumbledore's death? Perhaps, he temporary lost the will to fight, what then?
Let me start by saying no im not a Slytherin but hey im not here to hate. Professor Snape is by far one of my favorite teachers at Hogwarts... and lets face it potions are just plain cool. Ive been telling people ever since the first book that he was just misunderstood. Will he turn bad on us? Well only one person has that answer and i dont think that she wants to tell us right now. Personally i think as of now Snape is deep down a very good guy... with a very difficult past. People with difficult pasts are easily tempted by evil, however, i believe that Snape may be strong enough to stay on Dumbledores side... but like I already said no one can be sure yet. To begin answering your questions... i think that Crabbe and Goyle are so disliked because well they do nothing but follow Malfoy around... Rather brainlessly at that. They use muscle rather thain brains. I will be back to answer more tomorrow... Untill then...
LONG LIVE RAVENCLAW!!!!
Harry can act under pressure. He acted when Cedric was killed, he even carried his dead body back to the key

Thieving Rogue

11,800 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Annie of the Bananie
Let me start by saying no im not a Slytherin but hey im not here to hate. Professor Snape is by far one of my favorite teachers at Hogwarts... and lets face it potions are just plain cool. Ive been telling people ever since the first book that he was just misunderstood. Will he turn bad on us? Well only one person has that answer and i dont think that she wants to tell us right now. Personally i think as of now Snape is deep down a very good guy... with a very difficult past. People with difficult pasts are easily tempted by evil, however, i believe that Snape may be strong enough to stay on Dumbledores side... but like I already said no one can be sure yet. To begin answering your questions... i think that Crabbe and Goyle are so disliked because well they do nothing but follow Malfoy around... Rather brainlessly at that. They use muscle rather thain brains. I will be back to answer more tomorrow... Untill then...
LONG LIVE RAVENCLAW!!!!

lol I really must agree on you with Snape. Poor guy had alot going on when he was younger. Do you suppose he the error of his ways after Voldermolt was captured? Was that why he joined Dumbledore's side? o.O

And yeah, Crabbe and Goyle are abit mindless. However, I kinda believe that Draco bribes them to be his bodyguards. I think he's a little smarter than to threaten them, that's why I say bribe.

Btw, Ravenclaw is cool. I mean, they are the house with the smart people. And one of my absolute favorite characters is in Ravenclaw. 3nodding Good ole, Luna Lovegood. Though if I had to pick a house, I'd stick to Slytherin.

Thieving Rogue

11,800 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Kyoshiro04
Harry can act under pressure. He acted when Cedric was killed, he even carried his dead body back to the key

Yeah but he was half out of wits because of what happened. And looked what happened, he was caught!
i dunno why snape changed sides and why dumbledore trusts him, but i read on mugglenet that it would be explained in the lat tow books.

for some reason, i cant find any reason for disliking draco malfoy from the movie. he seems okay for some reason.

and i read on muglenet, that hermione and draco wont be getting together. damn

Thieving Rogue

11,800 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
wisedom_elf
i dunno why snape changed sides and why dumbledore trusts him, but i read on mugglenet that it would be explained in the lat tow books.

for some reason, i cant find any reason for disliking draco malfoy from the movie. he seems okay for some reason.

and i read on muglenet, that hermione and draco wont be getting together. damn

eek Hermione and Draco? Scary thought. Not unlikely though. Sometimes the ones you hate for teasing you are the ones you like the most. o.O Ppl are strange like that.

Thieving Rogue

11,800 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Well, I'm off for the night [er... morning?]. I'll be back later in the day. I'd like if you wonderful ppl could keep this thread alive and civilized. ^.^ Later.
My personal theory, since we gotten into this theory thing, is that in the last book Harry will have to die in order to defeat Voldermort. Its been a theory of mine since book 4 and book 5 only help confirm that. It kinda depresses me. I really really hope im wrong.. because if Harry dies, i believe i would cry and then get really angry and throw the book around a bit for letting him die, then go to sleep cradling the book.
Quote:
And yeah, Crabbe and Goyle are abit mindless. However, I kinda believe that Draco bribes them to be his bodyguards. I think he's a little smarter than to threaten them, that's why I say bribe.

I dont think that they would be bribed. My reasoning behind this is first of all they dont have alot of intelligece as i already have stated, and 2nd i think that maybe they stick together because theyre parents are all death eaters. I mean i think that if you family is working for the dark lord and you agree with the family beliefs that support him than you would get along with other families of death eaters. More over they guard Malfoy becuase his father has or had alot of status (i doubt he will anymore unless Voldermort takes over) and by associating themselves with Malfoy they get some of the status. Like hanging out at the popular table at school.
Come on where are all the Slytherin supporters?
*weeps*
I definitely think Slytherin will play more into the next books, especially with Harry <i>almost</i> getting sorted into Slytherin. Draco seems to have the potential to be a larger character eventually; maybe he has something to do with the defeat of Voldemort (or possibly Harry). Or perhaps Harry does something like... save Draco's life when confronted by Voldemort (although Draco's a Slytherin... maybe Lucius turns on Voldy?) and so Draco ends up in great debt to Harry.
i love the slytherin
Crabbe and Goyle are so hated because.... well
deaf, and blind, dumb, and born to follow.....
that was a bit of TOOL slipping in....
they do what they are told.... like little toy soldiers
Haha. -jumps in with full Slytherin attire-

There was a Slytherin post here, but they considered it more Guild worthy since they had a memberlist and what not - so it was moved to Special Interests Guilds.

Quote:
- Why do you think Severus Snape decided against being a Death Eater?

He was a Death Eater at one point, wasn't he? The question is - what made him change his ways? What I've wondered though, is why Voldie and the followers don't sense a Benedict Arnold in the midsts - afterall, you think the most powerful wizard would notice such things.
Personally, I think they killed someone close (not nessecarily dear) to him rather viciously, or someone he knew - and he turned against them. Or it could be something different - Who knows, maybe he fell in love with a Mudblood, or found out he *was* one.

Quote:
- What is the thing Snape supposedly proved to Dumbledore that makes him trust him?

If it was someone he loved, or cared for deeply and Dumbledore saw him in the moment of passion/fury afterwards - it would be enough for him to trust him, me thinks. However - I think that's too 'mushy' and fanfiction-like, so I doubt that's what Rowling would do.
Or he could have just used Versitas or whatever it's called - handy potion that would be. But that's way too simple for Rowling, heh.

Quote:
- Why are Crabbe and Goyle so disliked?

Wellll, Rowling hasn't really provided a personality for them to like; all they are are two huge bullies on either side of Draco. They don't even have lines, all they do is 'grunt' and 'crack their fist menancingly', as Rowling loves to put it.
They're made to look like this stereotype that we've been brought up to hate since wee ones when you spot them in Disney flicks. We can chuckle at the bumbling sidekick, boo or marvel at the evil do-er (who are typically smart, just a bit misguided), and whistle at the sultry seductress - but the two hulking guys are always hated.

Quote:
- Do you think more Slytherin characters will play into the last 2 books?

I think so! There are a lot of Slytherin characters that have gone unmentioned or faded over, and they aren't idle characters without any connection either
Take Thompson Nott, for example, I believe that's his name - he's a Slytherin, and the son of a DeathEater. He might not cared about Harry before, but now that the Wizarding World is at war - I'm hoping he's going to make himself heard!

Quote:
- What are your opinions on some of the lesser Slytherin characters like Pansy Parkison?

A lot of the lesser Slytherin folk's are just doomed to play the only part of being henchmen of Draco, I believe. Pansy Parkinson, for one, will never do anything more (in my opinion) then sneer and back up Draco - and be his b***h, basically. The same way that Crabbe and Goyle will continue to grunt and glare until the end.
Blaise Zaibini and Thompson Nott, though, I have hopes for - there has been no mention and no predefined character or stereotype for either of them! She can use them for plot points or pushing the story into motion without risking OOC-ness within the story.

Quote:
- Who do you think will kill Voldermolt, if anyone?

I don't think Voldemort will die - I think Harry will.

Why? Well, in the Department of Mysteries - there was this brief discussion with Dumbledore and Voldemort that made me gasp after reading the story the second time. Basically, Dumbledore tells Voldemort that his 'biggest flaw' was that he could not understand that there were things worse then death.

Why on Earth would Rowling mention this if this flaw would not be Voldemort's downfall!? If there's something worse then death, something so horrible you'll wish you die, then surely Voldemort is the one to deserve it!

In my opinion, Harry will be blessed with death - but Voldie, oh, our dear Voldie is in for something different.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff