Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mr Eddyy
likeawolf
Why does hermy get on your nerves??

I simply cannot stand Ginny Weasley.

Ginny in the books is just a annoying little girl who has the looks and body but no brains. I love red heads with a passion, so that is her only redeeming quality. She only loved Harry at first because of his popularity, and good looks. It took her forever to love him for who he was.

I just don't like how Hermione seems to know the answer to everything. And I don't like her bossy attitude.

I agree about Ginny. But I don't think she's annoying, she's just a bit of a tomboy, but I had more respect for her when she and Harry weren't in a relationship, cause then it seemed she didn't really care whether Harry like her or not, now it looks like she never really got over her crush over him.

I understand exactly where you are coming from with ginny. I mean she even said so at the end of book 6 that she never got over him and that just makes it seem as if she still thinks of him as the boy who lived or at least something similar. i dont like it. i like ginny when she is not dating harry. shes funny and interesting although sometimes she can be a total brat as well.

While I dont completely agree with you about hermione I can also understand where you are coming from. Hermione is not everyones cup of tea although she is my favorite character
XxRainflowerxX
I know all Ron fans (which is a lot) will probably hate me for this, but one of the characters I dislike the most is Ron, reasons being:

*Disloyal - He's not loyal to Harry, and he's not there when Harry needs him most. Like the time in fourth year and seventh and probably plenty more times in the book that I can't think of at the moment. And where is he when Harry's needing friendship and support? Thinking about himself.
* Gluttony: Ever noticed J.K Rowling's descriptions of Harry and his friends at meal times. They usually go something like this:

"So, do you think Professor Snape really wants to kill Harry?" Asked Hermione, filling her plate with salad and lamb.
"I don't know." Said Harry.
" If he iz he's 'oing a blah-dee good job at showing it," Announced Ron, spraying food all over Harry's robes through a mouthful of chicken.

It's true that Ron's always eating something, nibbling a chocolate frog, he's always described as the one 'loading his plate with _________' at mealtimes and in the sixth book there was this bit where it described Ron waving his sausage around and it flying off his fork and hitting Ernie in the face.
*Arguments with Hermione - I know it takes two to start an argument and it IS Hermione's fault as well but half the time as I'm reading it, I feel Ron's the one being immature and bratty, and I think he treats Hermione like dirt. The way he's always copying homework off her, expecting her to do his homework for him and then criticizing her for doing work.

*Sluttiness - He snogged Lavender pretty much because he hasn't snogged anyone yet and to get revenge on Hermione. Then when Lavender started showing him her emotions through gifts and such, he ran away from her and avioded her even though he's supposed to be her boyfriend. This one doesn't get me as much but I just thought to point it out.

*Attention Issues - (Now this one is the one I really dislike about Ron) Ron's always claiming he's 'overshadowed' and that whatever he does, his older siblings have already done. He's always angry about not getting enough attention and sometimes becomes jealous at Harry because of that. Sure, he has a lot of older brothers but his parents aren't pressuring him to do well at school or beat them or something, noone's pressuring him as far as I read in the books. And his brothers aren't all "oh look I'm this and that, but your not" either. They're just normal supportive (okay minus Percy) brothers and yet Ron complains about them 24/7

And yeah, that concludes my speech thingy about Ron xD (yes I type a lot...forgive me for that)

However the only one thing I like about Ron is that he's not a Gary-Stu (male counterpart of Mary-Sue in case anyone's wondering) because he does have his own problems and faults.

omg i completely agree with you. i know exactly what you mean. The Attention Issues, how he treats hermione, and the non-loyalty he has for harry are the things that i hate the most about him. and yet it seems as if all the ron fans completely forget about those. i mean they say that ron is the most loyal friend harry has (seriously come on, hermione is definitely the most loyal and even neville, fred, and george are more loyal that ron is towards harry) they say that ron treats hermione perfectly (seriously i would not want to date a guy that treated me like the way ron treats hermione all the time) and they never seem to remember that he has attention issues. i mean if you are going to say he is your favorite at least acknowledge that he has faults
I absolutely hate umbridge. no ifs and buts about it. she is the most horrible person ever. even after voldemort. because with voldemort while i dont agree with his actions, i understand where he is coming from and why he feels the way he does. i mean i dont agree with them but i understand why he things the way he does.

Ron i definitely dislike. he is not loyal, especially not when he is being overshadowed by harry (i dont get why people think that is a good reason for him to treat harry that way. its not like harry likes having all the attention or anything), he treats everyone around him like dirt, he is a bully (which is why i dont really understand why harry became friends with him. i mean he is not as bad as dudley or draco but he is a bully. i am guessing its mostly because of the fact that ron is his first friend so he seems to push past it) and he has horrible jealousy issues that make it to where he hurts everyone around him.

ginny - shes not as horrible as her brother but i really dont like her with harry because it just seems as if she still thinks of him as the boy who lived. i mean she even told harry that she never got over him. helloooo what does that say about her. she is also a bit of a brat especially in the way she treats fleur and the couple of times she treated hermione like crap.

there are many others that i am back and forth about but these are the worst
joafan1988
XxRainflowerxX
I know all Ron fans (which is a lot) will probably hate me for this, but one of the characters I dislike the most is Ron, reasons being:

*Disloyal - He's not loyal to Harry, and he's not there when Harry needs him most. Like the time in fourth year and seventh and probably plenty more times in the book that I can't think of at the moment. And where is he when Harry's needing friendship and support? Thinking about himself.
* Gluttony: Ever noticed J.K Rowling's descriptions of Harry and his friends at meal times. They usually go something like this:

"So, do you think Professor Snape really wants to kill Harry?" Asked Hermione, filling her plate with salad and lamb.
" If he iz he's 'oing a blah-dee good job at showing it," Announced Ron, spraying food all over Harry's robes through a mouthful of chicken.

It's true that Ron's always eating something, nibbling a chocolate frog, he's always described as the one 'loading his plate with _________' at mealtimes and in the sixth book there was this bit where it described Ron waving his sausage around and it flying off his fork and hitting Ernie in the face.
*Arguments with Hermione - I know it takes two to start an argument and it IS Hermione's fault as well but half the time as I'm reading it, I feel Ron's the one being immature and bratty, and I think he treats Hermione like dirt. The way he's always copying homework off her, expecting her to do his homework for him and then criticizing her for doing work.

*Sluttiness - He snogged Lavender pretty much because he hasn't snogged anyone yet and to get revenge on Hermione. Then when Lavender started showing him her emotions through gifts and such, he ran away from her and avioded her even though he's supposed to be her boyfriend. This one doesn't get me as much but I just thought to point it out.

*Attention Issues - (Now this one is the one I really dislike about Ron) Ron's always claiming he's 'overshadowed' and that whatever he does, his older siblings have already done. He's always angry about not getting enough attention and sometimes becomes jealous at Harry because of that. Sure, he has a lot of older brothers but his parents aren't pressuring him to do well at school or beat them or something, noone's pressuring him as far as I read in the books. And his brothers aren't all "oh look I'm this and that, but your not" either. They're just normal supportive (okay minus Percy) brothers and yet Ron complains about them 24/7

And yeah, that concludes my speech thingy about Ron xD (yes I type a lot...forgive me for that)

However the only one thing I like about Ron is that he's not a Gary-Stu (male counterpart of Mary-Sue in case anyone's wondering) because he does have his own problems and faults.

omg i completely agree with you. i know exactly what you mean. The Attention Issues, how he treats hermione, and the non-loyalty he has for harry are the things that i hate the most about him. and yet it seems as if all the ron fans completely forget about those. i mean they say that ron is the most loyal friend harry has (seriously come on, hermione is definitely the most loyal and even neville, fred, and george are more loyal that ron is towards harry) they say that ron treats hermione perfectly (seriously i would not want to date a guy that treated me like the way ron treats hermione all the time) and they never seem to remember that he has attention issues. i mean if you are going to say he is your favorite at least acknowledge that he has faults

I am with both of you completely, I have never liked Ron. Don't get me wrong I think his sense of humour is funny and some things he says. But Hermione is a million times more loyal than Ron and has stuck by Harry through it all even if she can be judgmental and bossy she has never abandoned him when it counts. While Ron if he doesn't get his way holds a grudge, or gets angry over ridiculous things and blames Harry for them, even when its not his fault. Its not his fault he's famous, or that Rons family is so large.

Harry would trade in a second if he could and Ron knows that. He certainly gets no pleasure out of being famous, but that doesn't matter to Ron because all he can see is Harry with all that attention. They each crave what the other one has, but I feel Harry makes more of an effort to be grown up about it and disguise his jealousy of Ron's family and having people who love and care about you from a young age.

Its just I can't help but compare the loyalty of Hermione to Ron it wouldn't matter if Hermione was wearing the locket or not the bottom line is she might b**** or throw a hissy fit but I cannot ever see her abandoning Harry when he needed her.

And I agree that he treats Hermione terribly a lot of the time, and thinks its fine. like at the Yule ball he has to ruin her night and attack her because he's jealous even though he never asked her to go with him, and ignored the fact she was a girl until Krum asked her to go with him. Or when he dangles his relationship with Lavender right in her face just because he can, even though he knows it will hurt her.

Or when he stopped talking to her for like half a year in the third book over a stupid cat, or tried to make her choose between him and Harry in the 7th book, and got angry when she wouldn't go with him. Just UGH so many times I got angry for the way he treated her.

Desirable Lunatic

Ginny. I never really liked her character since the beginning. I really don't like how in Harry's sixth year she became so desirable.

Umbridge, for obvious reasons.

The Malfoys and Voldemort.

I love/hate Bellatrix.

Dedicated Lunatic

17,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Over Easy 100
joafan1988
XxRainflowerxX

Uh-huh, I totally agree with you, and guess what? I dislike the Attention Issues, the non-loyalty for Harry, and the way he treats Hermione the most about him too! I just hate is attitude towards Hermione, and I would never date a man like him, never.

Greedy Capitalist

I really hate Ron and Neville. .

They're popular for no reason. Neville gets a sword and suddenly becomes heroic. . .it's so random and unnecessary. . .

17,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Umbridge, Umbridge, and Umbridge. Oh, did I mention that I really hate Umbridge?
Now, seriously... this woman was made to be hated by everyone. Of course there are plenty of other characters to dislike (for example, Pettigrew or almost the whole Black family except Sirius), but no one gets close to this monster in ugly old woman fashion.

Distinct Autobiographer

UMBRIDGE IS A STUPID c**t!

Tipsy Bibliophile

6,350 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
I don't think bad guys count. Because if they do, then I don't like a LOT of people.I don't think anyone was meant to like Umbridge. I do, personally, because I love me some sociopathic craziness, but, I digress. I hate Ginny with a passion. I like characters that add to the plot. Other then second year, Ginny could have died down in the chamber and added more to the plot. I don't care for 6th year harry, just because he was super creepy. Dumbledore is kind of love hate, leaning towards hate. He rubs me the wrong way, and he's super condecending, which I hate. I loved lavender in the books, I even shipped ronvander, but i kind of always assumed she was black, which made her crazies even funner. but they really toned her down for the movies, and I didn't like that.

Tipsy Bibliophile

6,350 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
iKarnezar
I really hate Ron and Neville. .

They're popular for no reason. Neville gets a sword and suddenly becomes heroic. . .it's so random and unnecessary. . .

... Not really. Neville played a HUGE part in the series, even if most of it was foreshadowing. I loved when he got to kill Nagini, because it was kind of fulfilling both sides of the prophecy, Harry being BWL, and Neville being BWL. And it's not like he was at home feeding trevor, and the sword appeared, so he went out and hunted himself some snakes. He had a super s*** year, trying to keep the younger students safe from the death eaters, and then he saw an opportunity and he took it. And Never ever is Ron or Neville popular. Nor are Harry and Hermione. The trio is more infamous then anything else, and Neville is just background noise until book seven.

Tipsy Bibliophile

6,350 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
XxRainflowerxX
joafan1988
XxRainflowerxX

Uh-huh, I totally agree with you, and guess what? I dislike the Attention Issues, the non-loyalty for Harry, and the way he treats Hermione the most about him too! I just hate is attitude towards Hermione, and I would never date a man like him, never.

So... You dislike him because he's a teenage boy, and like to eat, likes kissing girls, and gets jealous of his friends? personally I like him all the more because he's real. He's sometimes a douche, sometimes a tard, and that doesn't make him a bad guy. It just makes him a guy.

Dedicated Lunatic

17,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Over Easy 100
Oswin_Dalek
XxRainflowerxX

So... You dislike him because he's a teenage boy, and like to eat, likes kissing girls, and gets jealous of his friends? personally I like him all the more because he's real. He's sometimes a douche, sometimes a tard, and that doesn't make him a bad guy. It just makes him a guy.

I don't dislike him because he's a teenage boy, where did I say that?
I don't dislike the fact that he likes to eat, everyone has to eat otherwise they won't survive, why would I dislike someone for that? I dislike him because of the way he eats, because he doesn't have good table manners.

It's not the fact that he likes kissing girls that I dislike. It's the fact that he uses a relationship as revenge and snogs/kisses/makes out/whatever term you prefer, to get revenge. Also, it's perfectly normal to get jealous of your friend's sometimes, but the extent that Ron's jealousy goes, is an extent that I personally would not tolerate. If I got picked out for a dangerous competition that I didn't even enter and one of my best friend's suddenly got all jealous and stopped speaking to me for about a month, I would not tolerate that, and I would think again before trusting them. I despise Ron for that jealousy/selfishness at that extent.

Though I do agree with you on one thing, he's NOT a bad guy. Which is good, despite his faults his heart is at the right place, and he does have his strengths in his personality. Such as his sense of humour.

Tipsy Bibliophile

6,350 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
XxRainflowerxX
Oswin_Dalek
XxRainflowerxX

I don't dislike him because he's a teenage boy, where did I say that?
I don't dislike the fact that he likes to eat, everyone has to eat otherwise they won't survive, why would I dislike someone for that? I dislike him because of the way he eats, because he doesn't have good table manners.

It's not the fact that he likes kissing girls that I dislike. It's the fact that he uses a relationship as revenge and snogs/kisses/makes out/whatever term you prefer, to get revenge. Also, it's perfectly normal to get jealous of your friend's sometimes, but the extent that Ron's jealousy goes, is an extent that I personally would not tolerate. If I got picked out for a dangerous competition that I didn't even enter and one of my best friend's suddenly got all jealous and stopped speaking to me for about a month, I would not tolerate that, and I would think again before trusting them. I despise Ron for that jealousy/selfishness at that extent.

Though I do agree with you on one thing, he's NOT a bad guy. Which is good, despite his faults his heart is at the right place, and he does have his strengths in his personality. Such as his sense of humour.

Every trait of his that you disliked about him is pretty much every trait that makes up a boy. Eating too much too fast, dating someone to get back at someone else, getting angry over petty things, feeling like no one understands him... In fact, those are just teenager traits, period. And I don't think he treats hermione badly at all. so what if he went out with lavender? she was the first girl to show any interest in his poor freckley face, why wouldn't he go out with her? if hermione wants ron so badly, she shots birds at him after he kisses his girlfriend, she should have told him, instead of getting angry all the time. and in the fourth book, she does what he does in the sixth book, with krum.
They're teenagers. they are gross, stupid, horny, and kind of just really bad people.

Oh, i can't remember who said that ron was a bully, so I'm just going to reply here. When, exactly, is ron a bully? other then when he was 11, and his ego was all banged up, and he called hermione a know-it-all.

Fluffy Werewolf

7,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
1) Draco Malfoy: whenever I read a line about that mama's boy I wanted to slap him! "grow up you whiny brat!" I hate bullies, and he was one. emotion_eyebrow

2) Dolores Umbridge: she was your typical old-single-sexually-frustrated-menopausal-cat-lady who you hated in class, but with magical powers and friends in high places... emotion_puke

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff