Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like/dislike Ron/Hermione?

I love them together, they're perfect! 0.53932584269663 53.9% [ 48 ]
Dislike/Hate, they're just not right for each other! 0.14606741573034 14.6% [ 13 ]
Meh, it's your typical cliché 'bickering friends falls in love" trope. Nothing special. 0.31460674157303 31.5% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 89 ]
< 1 2 3

Gracious Fairy

x0_FATIMAGIC
By Lantern Light
x0_FATIMAGIC
By Lantern Light
Never really liked Ron and Hermione together much, yes I saw it coming miles away, but it's rather boring.
Honestly I found myself shipping Hermione and Draco right off the bat, and eventually I liked Ron with other girls.

Not that the ending matters to me much. Canon really means so little when Fanfiction is so valid.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not one to accept a pairing just because it's canon, and I've only every read one fanfic that is canon in my mind. But since when has the majority of fanfiction ever been valid? Does Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way seem valid to you? :/
Fanfiction has always been valid. Fanfiction has been made into canon loooooong before J.K. picked up a pen.

Let me ask you this Would you consider Sir Lancelot from Arthurian legends or Maid Marion from Robin Hood as canon characters?

Yes I would, and I'm not saying that fanfiction has zero influence, because we all know it does. What I am saying is that the credibility of fanfiction dimishes when crappy authors post crappy, unedited work and then expect to be taken seriously.
Bad Literature does not diminish the credibility of Literature.
But for certes sloppy, careless authors of fanfiction or otherwise should be sent to the stocks.

Apocalyptic Comrade

28,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hero 100
It was cliche and readers expected better? It was clear the hero of the story wasn't ending up with either of the two, but I was a little peeved it was so easy to spot in the first book. They really don't seem like it'd work well, with two jagged pieces of a whole; but as they move through the books, you do see the edges softening and that it's not such a bad idea.

I'm just against it because it always seemed like Ron would choose someone who appreciates his skills. Far be it for me to call him genius, but I was hoping he'd go with another clever individual who's flexible enough when the situation arises without having to consider the results first. Hermione has her uses, but I'd always imagined it would be like marrying a textbook.
Likewise, Hermione not a bad character, but she wasn't someone I'd pictured enjoying the nagging and frustration that Ron brought out. It's unhealthy to enjoy that which stresses you negatively.

Shameless Exhibitionist

A good couple balances each other out and that's exactly what Ron and Hermione do. Love isn't about what is perfect nor about chasing the next best thing. It has more to do with realizing what you have and being happy with that. I like them together.

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
By Lantern Light
x0_FATIMAGIC
By Lantern Light
x0_FATIMAGIC
By Lantern Light
Never really liked Ron and Hermione together much, yes I saw it coming miles away, but it's rather boring.
Honestly I found myself shipping Hermione and Draco right off the bat, and eventually I liked Ron with other girls.

Not that the ending matters to me much. Canon really means so little when Fanfiction is so valid.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not one to accept a pairing just because it's canon, and I've only every read one fanfic that is canon in my mind. But since when has the majority of fanfiction ever been valid? Does Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way seem valid to you? :/
Fanfiction has always been valid. Fanfiction has been made into canon loooooong before J.K. picked up a pen.

Let me ask you this Would you consider Sir Lancelot from Arthurian legends or Maid Marion from Robin Hood as canon characters?

Yes I would, and I'm not saying that fanfiction has zero influence, because we all know it does. What I am saying is that the credibility of fanfiction dimishes when crappy authors post crappy, unedited work and then expect to be taken seriously.
Bad Literature does not diminish the credibility of Literature.
But for certes sloppy, careless authors of fanfiction or otherwise should be sent to the stocks.

Fair enough, I suppose. It's just that people like myself who have only recently started reading fanfiction initially shied away from it because the only fanfics that you do hear about tend to fall into the same category as "My Immortal." I guess you could pigeon-hole most things like that though, so I definitly see your point.
You cant possibly hate either one of them, they're characters are both awesome

Undead Elder

The reason there's so much hate?

That would probably be 'cause some people can't accept that it was true to the characters and the lives they led. It should just sort of end at that, but certain types of fans are greedy and demanding creatures who doesn't think that authors know their own creations.
A Special Illusion
★☆★ User Image User Image User Image ★☆★

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

════════════════

I'm absolutely in love with this ship. They don't bring out the worst in each other, they bring out the fire in each other. They're very different, but they're also alike in many ways too. Ron needs someone to push him forward, and Hermione needs someone to pull her back. That's what they do for each other.
I think they are indeed completely perfect for each other, because of how imperfect they are. Ron and Hermione, in my opinion, are two of the most human characters in the entire series. Their relationship is beautiful in every way and I can't see them with anyone else. It wouldn't make sense.

Haters gonna hate and shippers gonna ship. If anyone tries to say I only like them together because it's canon, well guess what; I've shipped them since I was in grade school. Way before it was canon.

════════════════

"Mischief managed."

I agree with this as well. No relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater. I think this is why I like Ron & Hermione so much. They're passionate, engagement and subtle glue filling the cracks caused by their fighting and binding them together enough so that when they go their opposite directions from an emotional dispute, they bounce right back.

I think their relationship has a sense of permanence to it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff