Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Lunatic

8,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
"after being struck with the killing curse, voldemort turns to ash and crumbles in a similar way to quirrell in the end of sorcerors stone."

i have not kept up with the series very much lately, but is there any reasoning behind why he crumbles apart and doesn't just fall back and die?

Phantom

he doesnt crumble.
he just flops over and dies.

Explorer

Spoiler :

"... Voldemort fell backwards, arms splayed, the split pupils of the scarlet eyes rolling upwards. Tom Riddle hit the floor with a mundane finality, ..."

Sounds pretty much like just falling back and dying to me.

Dapper Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
His death was lack luster in the book. I mean the new scene sounds like it should have been in the book.

Explorer

Chibi Nerd
His death was lack luster in the book. I mean the new scene sounds like it should have been in the book.

Then you will like the movie. =|

Gracious Phantom

7,400 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The director just didn't think that it would be 'interesting' to just have him fall back dead. Becoming little pieces of ash was more appealing I guess.

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
I wasn't so much disappointed by how he died, just the lack of celebration afterward. That was one of my favorite parts in the book. Instead, with the movie, we just get Voldemort dissolving. stare The girl sitting in front of me in the theater whispered to her friend, "OK, nobody take a deep breath," and I completely lost it laughing.

I felt it was more significant that he fell back dead in the books, with everyone seeing his body; after all, Voldemort's boggart was his own dead body, a personification of his fear of death. That just felt more...real to me than him going all ashy.

6,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
Ven Loraine
Chibi Nerd

Then you will like the movie. =|

They gotta give it a bit more oomph in the movie to keep viewers satisfied. I mean, can't have such an important character's death seem less interesting than a lesser character. I'm drawing a blank for an example right now. Work, brain, work!!! sweatdrop stressed

4,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Ryoujen
"after being struck with the killing curse, voldemort turns to ash and crumbles in a similar way to quirrell in the end of sorcerors stone."

i have not kept up with the series very much lately, but is there any reasoning behind why he crumbles apart and doesn't just fall back and die?

Amateur Millionaire

TotchiSnagglepuss5
They gotta give it a bit more oomph in the movie to keep viewers satisfied. I mean, can't have such an important character's death seem less interesting than a lesser character. I'm drawing a blank for an example right now. Work, brain, work!!! sweatdrop :vein

They
made
him
turn
to
paper.

In a magical battle where people as a rule tend to have spectacular deaths, a slow, silent, irrevocable fall would have set the moment apart just as well, and carried far less potential for stunned amusement.

Lupine Hellraiser

I didn't mind it. I just wish there had been a crowd around them.

Questionable Borg

BlueEyedBlonde1993
The director just didn't think that it would be 'interesting' to just have him fall back dead. Becoming little pieces of ash was more appealing I guess.
I think it was.

Devoted Hunter

'Tis true sir love can still inspire...

Cause we all want to be sprayed in the face by magically cremated Voldemort. User Image

...The blood to pound, the heart leap higher!

Tipsy Genius

I saw it in 3-D so I tried to catch the ash on my tongue like snowflakes, before realizing it was Volde-ash. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff