Welcome to Gaia! ::

What was that arch that sirius fell through?

why doesn't everyone just take the truth serum when put in front of the ministry of magic?

Kittenclysm's Datemate

Sparkly Autobiographer

15,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Bookworm 100
7raindrops

why doesn't everyone just take the truth serum when put in front of the ministry of magic?

Somebody probably thinks it's unethical to make someone tell the truth without their own free will. Just saying. People like having choices.

Popular Friend

Bump, good Questions everyone smile

Shameless Man-Lover

XxdeathlysilencexX
The obvious one:
What did Dumbledore see in the Mirror of Erised?

Less obvious:
What happened to the Time Turner? Couldn't it have solved everything?

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmve9rolwc1qksmgmo1_500.jpg

To answer your first question xD
Saxgrrrl
7raindrops

Somebody probably thinks it's unethical to make someone tell the truth without their own free will. Just saying. People like having choices.

but they do send people to Azkaban without a trial. haha though I do see what you are saying
Damn good questions.
this rainbow lover
XxdeathlysilencexX
The obvious one:
What did Dumbledore see in the Mirror of Erised?

Less obvious:

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmve9rolwc1qksmgmo1_500.jpg

To answer your first question xD

I just died laughing, may have forgotten how to breathe.

Ruthless Prophet

7raindrops

I don't know the actual answer but I always thought of it as the magic boundery between life and death. Sirius passed through into death, a fate he couldn;t escape from. Just my idea.
xena91388
XxdeathlysilencexX

Less obvious:

Once Hermione dropped Divination and another class, her schedule no longer had conflicting classes and thus she no longer needed it. Since it was on loan from the Ministry so she could attend the classes, she most likely had to return it. Plus if she had used it to affect events of the past before returning more than they did in the third book, they risk causing more harm than good and creating paradoxes.

Ex: If Hermione went back and killed Voldemort before he came into power, the conflicts of blood purity might have never come up in James and Lily's years at Hogwarts and as a result Lily and Snape might have never had a falling out and could have ended up in a relationship instead of Lily/James which means Harry would have never been born.

Yes! Good answer! True to her character, and no one messes with old man time.
"A butterfly flaps it's wings and causes a tsunami on the other side of the earth."
7raindrops

Could also cause invasion of privacy if someone decides to take advantage of the situation. It also gives the accused a chance of redemption.
another wandering artist
xena91388
XxdeathlysilencexX

Less obvious:

Once Hermione dropped Divination and another class, her schedule no longer had conflicting classes and thus she no longer needed it. Since it was on loan from the Ministry so she could attend the classes, she most likely had to return it. Plus if she had used it to affect events of the past before returning more than they did in the third book, they risk causing more harm than good and creating paradoxes.

Ex: If Hermione went back and killed Voldemort before he came into power, the conflicts of blood purity might have never come up in James and Lily's years at Hogwarts and as a result Lily and Snape might have never had a falling out and could have ended up in a relationship instead of Lily/James which means Harry would have never been born.

Yes! Good answer! True to her character, and no one messes with old man time.
"A butterfly flaps it's wings and causes a tsunami on the other side of the earth."

Yup! totally agreed here. And, just to add a bit... They smashed all the Ministry time turners in OOTP while trying to escape the Death Eaters. So they couldn't even be tempted to use them, past that book

Seeker

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Member 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
7raindrops

It contains the proverbial Veil of Death, also known as the Mortal Coil - as in, "For in that sleep of death/what dreams may come/when we have shuffled off this mortal coil/must give us pause." Actually, here's JKR's view on it, from an interview she did in 2008:

"JKR: It's the divide between life and death. I tried to do a nod to that in The Tale of Three Brothers - she was separate from them as though through a veil. You can't go back if you pass through that veil, you cannot come back. Or you can't come back in any form that will make either person happy anyway.

But when they surround that veil [in Order of the Phoenix], I was trying to show that depending on their degree of skepticism or belief about what lay beyond - because Luna, of course, is a very skeptical character. Luna believes firmly in an afterlife. She's very clear on that. And she feels them speaking or hears them speaking much more clearly than Harry does. This is the idea of faith. Harry thinks he can hear them; he's drawn on. But Harry's had a life that has been so imbued with death that he now has an uncharacteristically strong curiosity about the afterlife, especially for a boy of 15, as he is in Phoenix. Ron's just scared, as I think Ron would be - he just knows this is something he doesn't want to dabble with. Hermione, hyper-rational Hermione - 'can't hear anything, get away from the Veil.' So if you walk through the veil, you're dead. You're dead. What you find on the other side, well, that's the question.

Do I believe you go on? Yes, I do believe you go on. I do believe in an afterlife, although I'm absolutely doubt-ridden and always have been but there you are."

Popular Friend

I got another Question!

: Did somebody kill Professor Binns, the Hogwarts teacher who mysteriously died in the staff room? (If so who killed him?)

5,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
VerdaNine
I got another Question!

: Did somebody kill Professor Binns, the Hogwarts teacher who mysteriously died in the staff room? (If so who killed him?)

I never even considered murder o.o I always just kinda assumed he was just old. Old people do ramble after all...
why did veltemort if i spelled it right have to kill snape? i forgot . LOL

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces