Welcome to Gaia! ::

What are your thoughts on sorting?
Is there a specific house you're hoping for?
One you're dreading?
How would you react to being sorted into each house and why?

I'll start:
While I've decided to just take whatever it gives me, I will be disappointed if I'm not placed in Hufflepuff. Ever since a fan-made quiz sorted me there I've felt pride toward it. On the other hand, I'm kind of dreading if it puts me in Slytherin. Not because "Urgh, Slytherins are evil d**k-headed Wizard Nazis!" but because I just can't see myself there, or benefiting from it in any way. Being in Gryffindor could give me a confidence boost and help me come out of my shell a bit. Ravenclaw could give me the nudge I need to pursue some studies I've been too lazy to do anything with. Slytherin... what could Slytherin do for me? I have no drive or desire to be "great", no super ambition for success. And I think any ambition would cause me more stress than anything. So, yeah, do not want... In the words of Harry Potter: Not Slytherin! No offense to any Slytherins or Slytherin-hopefuls.

Sit Back Now
Let Me Tell You A Tale
Where Justice Does Not Prevail
Gotta say, I went into it screaming "Anything but Slytherin" and after hanging out in the common room and learning to work with the Snakes, I've grown ever so slightly attached.

I got my exact perfect wand (my own personal pick, nearly), and I expected beyond a shade of doubt to be in Gryffindor, but...

Go in with an open mind, October Pottermore Sortees.
biggrin
About An Ill-Fated Life
So Very Full Of Strife
Where Two Wrongs Do Not Make A Right
Cortney the Gryffindor

Sit Back Now
Let Me Tell You A Tale
Gotta say, I went into it screaming "Anything but Slytherin" and after hanging out in the common room and learning to work with the Snakes, I've grown ever so slightly attached.

I got my exact perfect wand (my own personal pick, nearly), and I expected beyond a shade of doubt to be in Gryffindor, but...

biggrin
About An Ill-Fated Life
So Very Full Of Strife

I do like snakes... Apparently after my first encounter with one (a boa I believe) my stated opinion was "It was sweet." Like I said, I'll take what I get, but ranking which ones I want, Slytherin would rank last. sweatdrop
What I fear most though is the people. I mean, obviously there are nice people in every house. But I know there are a lot of people who want Slytherin because it's the "dark" house, the "cool" house. You know, a bunch of wannabe kids who just want in to be "cool". stare
Raivis of Riga
Cortney the Gryffindor

Sit Back Now
Let Me Tell You A Tale

biggrin
About An Ill-Fated Life
So Very Full Of Strife

I do like snakes... Apparently after my first encounter with one (a boa I believe) my stated opinion was "It was sweet." Like I said, I'll take what I get, but ranking which ones I want, Slytherin would rank last. sweatdrop
What I fear most though is the people. I mean, obviously there are nice people in every house. But I know there are a lot of people who want Slytherin because it's the "dark" house, the "cool" house. You know, a bunch of wannabe kids who just want in to be "cool". stare

Sit Back Now
Let Me Tell You A Tale

You know, I thought that too!

But it's crazy how much pride the dedicated Slytherins have.
xD
There's a surprisingly low amount of other house-bashing or really much negativity or "Praise the Dark Lord: talk at all in the Common Room.

Mostly it's, "C'mon guys! You're make Professor Snape ashamed of you!" and "How do we trick the 'Claws?"

Nice people, all in all.
I think once it opens to everyone, the wannabe kids will be weeded out in the first few weeks or so of joining.
C:
About An Ill-Fated Life
So Very Full Of Strife
Cortney the Gryffindor
Raivis of Riga
Cortney the Gryffindor

Sit Back Now
Let Me Tell You A Tale

biggrin
About An Ill-Fated Life
So Very Full Of Strife

Sit Back Now
Let Me Tell You A Tale

You know, I thought that too!

But it's crazy how much pride the dedicated Slytherins have.
xD
There's a surprisingly low amount of other house-bashing or really much negativity or "Praise the Dark Lord: talk at all in the Common Room.

Mostly it's, "C'mon guys! You're make Professor Snape ashamed of you!" and "How do we trick the 'Claws?"

Nice people, all in all.
I think once it opens to everyone, the wannabe kids will be weeded out in the first few weeks or so of joining.
C:
About An Ill-Fated Life
So Very Full Of Strife

That or they'll all get Hufflepuff and rage quit. lol
Raivis of Riga

That or they'll all get Hufflepuff and rage quit. lol

Sit Back Now
Let Me Tell You A Tale

User Image I think Hufflepuff house is going to be packed with Starkid fans and not much else.
I'm a bit jealous of how Totally Awesome their house will be.

xD
About An Ill-Fated Life
So Very Full Of Strife
I'd want to be a Gryffindor or Ravenclaw
I'd kill myself if I became a Slytherin, unless I could be a good Slytherin... noble like Snape.
And I'd have to get used to the idea if I was put in Hufflepuff... while I like the name... the all seem a little... ehh... maybe thats where I belong lol
MysticHumour
I'd kill myself if I became a Slytherin, unless I could be a good Slytherin... noble like Snape.
And I'd have to get used to the idea if I was put in Hufflepuff... while I like the name... the all seem a little... ehh... maybe thats where I belong lol

There is nothing that says all Slytherins are evil. And not all evil wizards come from Slytherin. Draco wasn't evil (a little p***k, but never evil). He was just horribly misguided due to bad influences. I think that's how most "bad" Slytherins are.
Most likely, due to its reputation and certain members from the past, students in that house get nudged in the wrong direction by their peers and sometimes family.
Plus, I heard once the whole Voldemort business ended and the school was rebuilt, Slytherin evened out a bit.
Raivis of Riga
MysticHumour

There is nothing that says all Slytherins are evil. And not all evil wizards come from Slytherin. Draco wasn't evil (a little p***k, but never evil). He was just horribly misguided due to bad influences. I think that's how most "bad" Slytherins are.
Most likely, due to its reputation and certain members from the past, students in that house get nudged in the wrong direction by their peers and sometimes family.
Plus, I heard once the whole Voldemort business ended and the school was rebuilt, Slytherin evened out a bit.

Yah I realise that. But I still wouldn't like to be one. Most Slytherins seem so pompous and disgusted by everyone else, I would kick myself if I was caught flaunting an attitude like that. Snape was kinda a bit like this, but his heart was in the right place. As with many people who seem gruff and abrupt on the outside XD Although I do have a bit of fun informing people I have royal blood, so maybe there is a little Slytherin inside me somewhere xp
MysticHumour
Raivis of Riga
MysticHumour

Yah I realise that. But I still wouldn't like to be one. Most Slytherins seem so pompous and disgusted by everyone else, I would kick myself if I was caught flaunting an attitude like that. Snape was kinda a bit like this, but his heart was in the right place. As with many people who seem gruff and abrupt on the outside XD Although I do have a bit of fun informing people I have royal blood, so maybe there is a little Slytherin inside me somewhere xp

Ha ha. Whatever you get, be an individual. The students make the house, the house does not make the students.
Raivis of Riga
MysticHumour
Raivis of Riga
MysticHumour

Ha ha. Whatever you get, be an individual. The students make the house, the house does not make the students.

That is true, it doesn't change who you are. Although people have been known to react the way a group reacts if they become part of that group, they start sharing similar traits and ideas, it's why friends become like each other in ways, and families share the same morals and ways of conduct. It's a phsycological thing =) However, strong people (like me ;P) have been known to fight such things if they have strong individuality, and dont mind being a black sheep or drifter XD
User ImagexUser ImagexUser Image
xxxxxxxxxToday, I have become my enemy's possession.xx

I'll be crushed if I get anything other than Ravenclaw. I'm the spitting image of a Ravenclaw stereotype. If I get Hufflepuff, I'll probably vomit.

Not that there's anything wrong with Hufflepuff.

Kittenclysm's Datemate

Sparkly Autobiographer

15,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Bookworm 100
My reaction to being sorted into each of the houses

Gryffindor ...You have go to be joking...Really. Yeahuh...Why? Was I on crack when I took the quiz or what?

HufflepuffWoohoo! Funfunfunfun. Time for a spastic hyper party filled with hugs and rainbows! Weeeeeee!

Ravenclaw I told you I was smart. Yeahuh, I'm smart, I'm awesome, *strutting*

Slytherin eek Woah. Seriously? ...How? Like even more how than Gryffindor??? *looks around casually as lights match to burn the sorting hat* *looks around again, feels bad and blows out match, begrudgingly goes to sit with the Slytherins* At least people will think twice before calling me short.

Kittenclysm's Datemate

Sparkly Autobiographer

15,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Canny Agent 50
  • Bookworm 100
Saxgrrrl
My reaction to being sorted into each of the houses

Gryffindor ...You have go to be joking...Really. Yeahuh...Why? Was I on crack when I took the quiz or what?

HufflepuffWoohoo! Funfunfunfun. Time for a spastic hyper party filled with hugs and rainbows! Weeeeeee!

Ravenclaw I told you I was smart. Yeahuh, I'm smart, I'm awesome, *strutting*

Slytherin eek Woah. Seriously? ...How? Like even more how than Gryffindor??? *looks around casually as lights match to burn the sorting hat* *looks around again, feels bad and blows out match, begrudgingly goes to sit with the Slytherins* At least people will think twice before calling me short.
After rereading my reaction to Slytherin, I wonder if I belong there...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff