Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clean Genius

User Image User Image User Image

Nigel.

[Oh, and btw, I don't understand why all of you are hating so much on the dance scene. Yesh, it didn't happen in the book for sure, but it awkward, and maybe a little romantic, but when you are living alone with someone, generally of the opposite sex, there's going to be some tension in most any realistic case, and I think this kind of broke it. Maybe just for a moment they could pretend they were with someone they loved? Even though Harry and Hermione weren't in love with each other, I feel like this was a good way of expressing that they still do love, and it was a very cute escape from reality. And I didn't find any other romantic tension between them in any part of DH or any other movie for that matter. Maybe it was there, but to me, it didn't seem like it.]

Friendly Vampire

pwntishness
Anybody list the part where Harry broke the Elder wand? So glad that things made by Death itself can be so easily broken and without consequence.

Um.. you know "Death" didn't actually make the Hallows, right? The makers were the Peverell brothers themselves. The story about Death is just a fairytale.

I thought you were going to mention how Harry broke the Elder Wand before repairing his own wand, ensuring his could never be repaired. What was up with that?

Friendly Vampire

Kuroi_Ri

YES YES YES YES!!!!
Exactly!!
They made it like an AU set of characters from the book! One of the things that annoyed me the most was the muggle clothing. For example, Malfoy won't be caught dead wearing anything that wasn't wizarding wear. The thing is, not as much thought was put into the films, character wise and that made the film characters different people from the book characters. As you said, Harry is a socially awkward person; he wouldn't have done half the things he had in the film. Heck, he can barely deal with his own feelings, much less those of others! Hermione and Ron wouldn't have let him go to Voldemort like that in the end and that was why J.K hadn't written he had even met them before then. I don't see why Apparating needed trail sparks. The point was to go places, and most of the time untraced. The trail marks/smoke/whatever are a huge giveaway. AND WHY THE HECK WAS DUMBLEDORE WEARING A BLOODY BOW HUNH?! -.-
Ah, so many rants, so little time

I know, right! Soooooo many things to rant about. I am no fan of the movies.

Ugh, that thing with the trails of smoke or whatever for apperating annoyed the crap out of me, too. Especially the fact that the bad guys were black and the good guys white. That makes no sense! Also, they weren't really apperating, they were flying.. as smoke or something. I dunno. It was just some mess the movies thought would look cool, but really it is just stupid.
Of course there are a lot of things that was kept out of the movies. Or added. Like The Burrow being destroyed in "....the Half-Blood Prince." I'm pretty sure THAT did NOT happen.

Questionable Humorist

Miffed. Last part of the Harry Potter. The last movie! Okay, they break into Gringotts and I'm enjoying the movie so far... And suddenly their in Diagon Alley... Invisibility cloak? No?! Now their with Aberforth, why isn't he talking about his sister? Why isn't Harry questioning Dumbledore's actions or motives in his mind? -other stuff in the movie that I didn't care about-
KINGS CROSS?? D:< Why? This movie lacked so much emotion. In fact, I'm just waiting for the remake to come out.

cannibalelves's Fangirl

sad Most Movies don't end up like the books .

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
Nikkic87

The real Harry Potter threw a blanket over Hermione while she was crying and walked away. It's part of his flaws, one I have always been able to identify with, so it bugs me to see him act so differently.

this is how I saw that
User Image
Uhh. Voldemort giggling, and hugging Draco o_O

I was really pulled out of that moment from an overwhelming feeling of "VOLDEMORT WOULD NEVER DO THAT."

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
It also skipped the whole scene when Lupin went to visit them scream
They changed the scene in the Ministry of Magic with Ron and that guys wife.
Neville didn't say anything about being mad for Luna in the book.
Kuroi_Ri
D-CheRRyFluffer
I can tell you something that didn't translate over to the last movie very well; the emotion. It was possible the most emotionally charged piece of literature I've ever read, and the movie was just an action sequence.

That is oh, so true. The action sequence is a bit disjointed and abrupt in some parts as well. I mean it is passable for those who don't know the book. But for those that do, it's just disappointing. As I already implied, there was more emphasis on the action than the characters themselves. As in, there wasn't much by way of in-depth analysis the way there was in the book

Two parts of the film did make me want to cry, one of them only because I knew what happened in the book; Fred and Georges conversation, and certain parts of Snapes flashback (and I don't think it would have been possible to mess that up so bad I didn't want to cry)

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
pwntishness
Anybody list the part where Harry broke the Elder wand? So glad that things made by Death itself can be so easily broken and without consequence.

Yeah, he was supposed to have placed it within Dumbledore's grave, thus nullifying the power of the wand =/ but nooooo, he had to -break- the wand. Yeah, that would help -.^

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
ShinHaeMoon

Nigel.

[Oh, and btw, I don't understand why all of you are hating so much on the dance scene. Yesh, it didn't happen in the book for sure, but it awkward, and maybe a little romantic, but when you are living alone with someone, generally of the opposite sex, there's going to be some tension in most any realistic case, and I think this kind of broke it. Maybe just for a moment they could pretend they were with someone they loved? Even though Harry and Hermione weren't in love with each other, I feel like this was a good way of expressing that they still do love, and it was a very cute escape from reality. And I didn't find any other romantic tension between them in any part of DH or any other movie for that matter. Maybe it was there, but to me, it didn't seem like it.]

It's the fact that the character's have been twisted away from the original book characters that ticks me off. I mean, it's Harry. Considering the way he was raised and everything he had faced, do you honestly think comfort like that would be so easy for him?

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Nikkic87
Kuroi_Ri

YES YES YES YES!!!!
Exactly!!
They made it like an AU set of characters from the book! One of the things that annoyed me the most was the muggle clothing. For example, Malfoy won't be caught dead wearing anything that wasn't wizarding wear. The thing is, not as much thought was put into the films, character wise and that made the film characters different people from the book characters. As you said, Harry is a socially awkward person; he wouldn't have done half the things he had in the film. Heck, he can barely deal with his own feelings, much less those of others! Hermione and Ron wouldn't have let him go to Voldemort like that in the end and that was why J.K hadn't written he had even met them before then. I don't see why Apparating needed trail sparks. The point was to go places, and most of the time untraced. The trail marks/smoke/whatever are a huge giveaway. AND WHY THE HECK WAS DUMBLEDORE WEARING A BLOODY BOW HUNH?! -.-
Ah, so many rants, so little time

I know, right! Soooooo many things to rant about. I am no fan of the movies.

Ugh, that thing with the trails of smoke or whatever for apperating annoyed the crap out of me, too. Especially the fact that the bad guys were black and the good guys white. That makes no sense! Also, they weren't really apperating, they were flying.. as smoke or something. I dunno. It was just some mess the movies thought would look cool, but really it is just stupid.

You'd think it would show the good guys vs the baddies better to the Ministry but nu-uh, no way, the film decided to overlook that minor detail. Urg, really, there wasn't any THOUGHT put into them!!!

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
DarkSideDragon06
Of course there are a lot of things that was kept out of the movies. Or added. Like The Burrow being destroyed in "....the Half-Blood Prince." I'm pretty sure THAT did NOT happen.

Lol, yeah. If it had then it musta been an extra bonus chapter or something >.>

Hilarious Humorist

I thought the dance moment between Harry and Hermione was wonderful. After Ron left, Hermione was off. Harry was doing his best as a friend to take Hermione's mind off of losing Ron. The dance was a great expression of their friendship.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff