Welcome to Gaia! ::

Never showed the House-elfs fight (Deathly Hallows part 2) at hogwarts! Or Gwarp either!!! umm Dumbledors Funeral for HBP! Ginny and Harry dating...only kissing (HBP)! Longbottoms head in sorting hat with it on flames(DH part2)! And many many more! UGH! scream

Smitten Fatcat

I think I've read the books and watched the movies intermittently so many times that they both kind of just meshed together, and I can't really remember what was movie and what was book. Besides, there are so many visuals and as I'm reading a book, I could totally see it being played out on screen, and I have to stop and think whether or not it was actually in the movie. ninja

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
InuBishounen
Kuroi_Ri
InuBishounen
Kuroi_Ri
InuBishounen

There is no security in WB's wizard world..anybody just walks into the the freaking bowels of the Ministry without even a wand-check and every other scene somebody is ducking out of the way of something.. things are exploding, etc..it's like the whole population is on crack. I get that they were making it a world of wonder and surprise..but really if that much was going wrong every second of their daily lives, they would have never gotten anything done.. sweatdrop

I really was disappointed with how they handled the Tournament...like when I was reading the maze part with the sphinx, I was like, "oh crap, he's dead" and the golden mist that freaked with your mind (they could have had fun with that).. but they just made it even easier than in the book where Crouch, Jr. said he was clearing stuff from the path.

I was so peeved when they left out the hospital wing scene! That was the turning point of the whole series. That was when I thought that crap was about to get real. Spies and secret missions and the first mention of the Order. I remember it was after that book that I started seeing all the "good or bad" Snape arguments start up.

I think one of the most poorly done movies was GoF. because it was the turning point of the entire series from children's books to something more serious and darker. Followed by OotP. Heck, let;'s not forget HBP as well!!
Urg.

*shakes head* I don't know what they were thinking.. unless they were really trying to keep them in the "children's" category... but the only way to do that would have been to cut straight to the epilogue and leave EVERYTHING out.

Lol, it had passed the children's genre a loong time ago, but the way they portrayed the movies just did not do that fact justice!

It never was a children's book. Unless you're thinking old school fairy tales where there's no problem killing people off before page one even starts and facing 11 year olds against murdering adults.

Ah, but if you consider the structure of the first three books and how it differs from book four onward, it really seems more for children (or at least preteens and early teens) than for adults. Majority of the people I ask that are above 17 often say the started enjoying the book after GoF

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Jambles-chan
When the Weasley house burned. I thought that was uncalled for!

I totally agree with that. That did not add the plot in any way. If they were going to do something like that, at least let it add to the bleedin' plot!!

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
ServantOfTheNight
In HP part 2 during the beginning of the Final Battle, Mcgongall uses a spell to animate the statues in order to protect Hogwarts. Then acts completely OOC and exclaims "Oh, I've always wanted to use that spell" like an excited schoolgirl.

Dunno if anyone said that one yet, didn't bother reading all the pages of the thread sweatdrop

Oh yeah. When I saw that I was like --__-- Wat da fuuuu...
At least let her stay in bleedin' character people!

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Lollipop_princess13
I haven't seen the final ending of Harry potter, but I dying to see it cat_cry

Lol, don't worry. You don't need to watch it to post here. Probably too late to warn you for spoliers though XD

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
InuBishounen
Kuroi_Ri
InuBishounen
Kuroi_Ri
InuBishounen

Sometimes it wasn't on him at all..even when he was talking about it! How could they let that slip by?

XDDDDD
The Boy-Who-Lived-Without-His-Scar
How did I never notice that?

XD I mentioned to one of my friends and they remembered noticing it too.. even when I was all "OMG!!!" those things that the crew let get past kept jumping out at me.

You have -got- to tell me where you noticed em!!

Just things in the make-up and costume and things that you would have thought they would have wanted to get a better take of.

I love most of the cast but when you get that dramatic for that long sometimes you start putting a little too much of the drama tone into the line. XD It starts getting a little soap opera-ish.

Voldemort literally having no nose at all because they didn't cut him breathing holes.. I think that was in the first half of the movie. I'm not sure what part Harry's scar disappeared in, I just know that it happened a few times and one time was when he was supposed to be pointing at it and it wasn't there. cat_rofl

I really find that the make-up department or which ever department handles it, has been real lax about certain things they ought to have put more effort into. Lily and the Weasley's eyes. The positioning of Harry's scar. Hair styles. Clothing. Hermione's teeth The list goes on.

Lol. But the drama makes it so fun!!!

Oh, wow. Talk about deeming one nuts. Pointing to a thing that isn't even there.... Smh

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
dreamslayer89
Never showed the House-elfs fight (Deathly Hallows part 2) at hogwarts! Or Gwarp either!!! umm Dumbledors Funeral for HBP! Ginny and Harry dating...only kissing (HBP)! Longbottoms head in sorting hat with it on flames(DH part2)! And many many more! UGH! scream

Lol. Wow, your words are screaming righteous indignation!! But yeah, I was especially looking forward to the House elves. Watching the movie though, I could understand how it would have been a bit difficult. Difficult, but not impossible, mind you.
Dumbledore's funeral was completely ignored! WTH!!!
And Neville was supposed to have a typical Neville moment before getting some liver and standing up like the true Gryffindor he bloody well is!

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
rainee dei
I think I've read the books and watched the movies intermittently so many times that they both kind of just meshed together, and I can't really remember what was movie and what was book. Besides, there are so many visuals and as I'm reading a book, I could totally see it being played out on screen, and I have to stop and think whether or not it was actually in the movie. ninja

Lol! Well, surely you can think of something that didn't happen in the book? =D

Fashionable Survivor

Kuroi_Ri
InuBishounen
Kuroi_Ri
InuBishounen
Kuroi_Ri
InuBishounen

There is no security in WB's wizard world..anybody just walks into the the freaking bowels of the Ministry without even a wand-check and every other scene somebody is ducking out of the way of something.. things are exploding, etc..it's like the whole population is on crack. I get that they were making it a world of wonder and surprise..but really if that much was going wrong every second of their daily lives, they would have never gotten anything done.. sweatdrop

I really was disappointed with how they handled the Tournament...like when I was reading the maze part with the sphinx, I was like, "oh crap, he's dead" and the golden mist that freaked with your mind (they could have had fun with that).. but they just made it even easier than in the book where Crouch, Jr. said he was clearing stuff from the path.

I was so peeved when they left out the hospital wing scene! That was the turning point of the whole series. That was when I thought that crap was about to get real. Spies and secret missions and the first mention of the Order. I remember it was after that book that I started seeing all the "good or bad" Snape arguments start up.

I think one of the most poorly done movies was GoF. because it was the turning point of the entire series from children's books to something more serious and darker. Followed by OotP. Heck, let;'s not forget HBP as well!!
Urg.

*shakes head* I don't know what they were thinking.. unless they were really trying to keep them in the "children's" category... but the only way to do that would have been to cut straight to the epilogue and leave EVERYTHING out.

Lol, it had passed the children's genre a loong time ago, but the way they portrayed the movies just did not do that fact justice!

It never was a children's book. Unless you're thinking old school fairy tales where there's no problem killing people off before page one even starts and facing 11 year olds against murdering adults.

Ah, but if you consider the structure of the first three books and how it differs from book four onward, it really seems more for children (or at least preteens and early teens) than for adults. Majority of the people I ask that are above 17 often say the started enjoying the book after GoF

The thing is Harry was a little kid in the first few books and waaayyy out of the loop on everything. It wasn't until Voldemort's rebirth that they had to step up a bit in how they handled Harry. That and they couldn't really hide so much from him when things were coming out in the open..so yeah the books got more serious as the Main character (whose POV the story is told from mostly) is exposed to more.

If they (the adults of HP) had had it their way, the only thing the books would have shown would have been classwork and maybe gossip about goings-on outside of the school..problem is: trouble came to Harry. sweatdrop

Fashionable Survivor

Kuroi_Ri
InuBishounen
Kuroi_Ri
InuBishounen
Kuroi_Ri
InuBishounen

Sometimes it wasn't on him at all..even when he was talking about it! How could they let that slip by?

XDDDDD
The Boy-Who-Lived-Without-His-Scar
How did I never notice that?

XD I mentioned to one of my friends and they remembered noticing it too.. even when I was all "OMG!!!" those things that the crew let get past kept jumping out at me.

You have -got- to tell me where you noticed em!!

Just things in the make-up and costume and things that you would have thought they would have wanted to get a better take of.

I love most of the cast but when you get that dramatic for that long sometimes you start putting a little too much of the drama tone into the line. XD It starts getting a little soap opera-ish.

Voldemort literally having no nose at all because they didn't cut him breathing holes.. I think that was in the first half of the movie. I'm not sure what part Harry's scar disappeared in, I just know that it happened a few times and one time was when he was supposed to be pointing at it and it wasn't there. cat_rofl

I really find that the make-up department or which ever department handles it, has been real lax about certain things they ought to have put more effort into. Lily and the Weasley's eyes. The positioning of Harry's scar. Hair styles. Clothing. Hermione's teeth The list goes on.

Lol. But the drama makes it so fun!!!

Oh, wow. Talk about deeming one nuts. Pointing to a thing that isn't even there.... Smh

They have the continuity people who are supposed to be ON this stuff.. That side-scar always ticked me off. Clothing and over-all appearance is something that the director and way too many other people have their face into.. xd I think they tried to give Hermione chompers but she couldn't speak through them, so they dumped that one. I was kinda disappointed with the looks of Bill and Charlie! Remember how bad-a** they were supposed to be? Charlie with the dragons and the marks from that and Bill's rocker look and Molly getting on him about it?

You'd think after I'd say 10 years of these movies that putting that scar on him would be as routine as brushing his teeth..How the heck they forgot that is beyond me..

Smitten Fatcat

Kuroi_Ri
rainee dei

Lol! Well, surely you can think of something that didn't happen in the book? =D

Well, they skipped some of the 'tests' they had to go through in the Sorcerers Stone. Like the whole choose the right potion to get through the wall of fire thing. I thought that would have been cool.
Kuroi_Ri
dreamslayer89

Lol. Wow, your words are screaming righteous indignation!! But yeah, I was especially looking forward to the House elves. Watching the movie though, I could understand how it would have been a bit difficult. Difficult, but not impossible, mind you.
Dumbledore's funeral was completely ignored! WTH!!!
And Neville was supposed to have a typical Neville moment before getting some liver and standing up like the true Gryffindor he bloody well is!

I know i get a little carried away sometimes when it comes to Harry Potter..... xd redface but hey that cant be helped. How ever many parts of the books they didnt put in the movies is understandable, cause there is alot of info......And for whats its worth i enjot the movies very much, it just some parts i think should have done differently or not at all. lol. mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff