Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
TiaS_IS_15
am i the only one who cried during the part when harry dies? redface

... Uhm... Maybe someone else did.... But I was too busy laughing at the way Voldemort said Avada Kedavra xd :

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Maliggy
Kuroi_Ri
... Whoa... That's a lot... o.o
Okay, mostly the back stories and futures of the characters, especially Voldemort's past. You'd think the antagonist would have a little back story of his own, wouldn't you? At least something that made him seem human. And Lupin's humanity in the fact that he got scared. AND ALL OTHER CHARACTERS THAT ARE ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTING SH!T TO THE DAMN WAR!!!
But no. It was just Harry, Hermione and the side order of Ron -.-
Backstory is pretty important, I think. I was pretty disappointed when they didn't show Stan Shunpike [Checked. It was totally Stan.] in the 7th movie being along with the Death Eaters and trying to kill Harry during the flight scene. And I was a little sad that they didn't even talk about Percy dropping in favor with his family because he trusted the Ministry moreso. Or that the Ministry took so long to get on the bandwagon about Voldemort being back. Or how the leader of the Ministry of Magic contacted a leader of the muggle Ministry to warn him about what was happening.
But yeah. Harry-Hermione-Ron drama is totally more important. Yeah...

Stan, I actually forget about him so much. And it was a source of contention between Harry and Scrimgeour. And the issue about the muggles was important as well, I thought. I mean, that means that despite wizards being a world of their own, they still interact with muggle world, neh? And! And! The Weasleys are people of their own, with their own drama. Their world doesn't revolve around Harry but it's like, anything to do with them has to have Harry in there somehow. Even Bill's wedding was Harry-oriented!!
Long live the Golden Trio -.-

Shy Cutie-Pie

9,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Can't think of a specific scene/event. It's been a while since i've read the books. I simpy wanted to say...since when does hollywood NOT make a movie different from the book? They did it with Twilight, The Chronicles of Narnia, etc...stupid hollywood. And most of the scenes they change/delete entirely are like the BEST scenes from the book

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
InuBishounen
Kuroi_Ri
InuBishounen
Kuroi_Ri
InuBishounen
Kuroi_Ri

Hmph! No wonder I loved Snape's character portrayal. And here I thought twas Alan Rickman that made it so good (was gonna say hot but... He old enough to be my brother's father xD).
Tch, now that you mention it, it -is- like one huge fanfiction. Or, well, fanmovie
You think I can get me some permission to make my own as well? Imagine the millions. And the accuracy -.-

You can say hot, I've been saying it since the first movie! XD and all his other movies. I think even if he had played it blind, he would have been that good.

I've heard other people arguing Movie-version and book version, and then just accepting that they're 2 different portrayals/worlds. wait a few years..people are remaking EVERYTHING and acting like it's the the original..so a fan-made version wouldn't be that far off..the problem would be wrestling control from WB.

XD There are just some that are that gifted. Seriously, sometimes I watch the movies just to hear his voice =3
Lol, let's just hope the remake would be closer to the books then!!!

Oh-my-god-yes that voice! heart You know he can sing too!? In one of his movies Truely Madley Deeply, the man sings and play some instrument (I forgot what, it's been a few years) I about died into a fangirl puddle..and of course Sweeny Todd (that upset me so much) The 1st time I watched it with friends I knew what was going to happen and covered my face (this from a horror buff.) But I still heard it and my friends took pity on me XD

If the right poeple got a hold of it, it'll be as long as the Lord of the Rings movies and 7x more epic!

eek ALAN RICKMAN SINGS?! OMG I think I just died a little inside. Should he and Tom Felton ever do a duet, I'd like my epitaph to read: "Died of excess joy"
I would have no regrets. heart heart heart
I say the people that did LotR should take a crack at a HP remake. It can't be any worse after all.
Hunh. Famous last words XD

YES he sings! blaugh I have his duet with Johnny Depp on my mp3 player...omg to hear that right in your ears. *dies* He and Tom Felton would end the fandom..everyone would just die from the awesomeness!

At the very least, their camping scenes would be the stuff of legend..And that group has no problem going off to see what the side characters are up to..so we would get all those sub-plots we missed out on in the 1st HP movies.

OMG I never even thought of getting that!!! Sweeney Todd? (I confess to not having watch the reproduction >x< wink .
Now that you point it out... I don't think I want them to do the duet; if that should happen, they wouldn't have any fans left!! Unless they fancy post mortem fans of course... >.>

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
InuBishounen
Kuroi_Ri
cinnamonaltoid1
Was I the only one that noticed that throughout the movies Harry's scar moved around his forehead?

rofl rofl rofl rofl
I can honestly say the most I've thought about it is that it was not center of his forehead XD

Sometimes it wasn't on him at all..even when he was talking about it! How could they let that slip by?

XDDDDD
The Boy-Who-Lived-Without-His-Scar
How did I never notice that?

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Absolute Claws
Great cinematography.

Good usage of not repeating the same god-damn things over and over as if it was incredibly compelling drama i.e the camping scenes in 7.

Yeah, but the fact is majority of the first part is -all- camp camp camp camp

Distinct Genius

7,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
mister moony lupin
In The Deathly Hallows Part 2, when Harry saw Ron and Hermione before going into the forest to face Voldemort.
He was supposed to be under his Invisibility Cloak and he wasn't supposed to see anyone he knew, because if he did, he wasn't sure he would have had the strength to keep going. (Except Neville, whom he told to kill the snake. ANOTHER THING.)
Also, I don't think Hermione and Ron would have let him go alone, if they knew...
ALSO, they messed up Neville's badass scene where the sorting hat was lit on fire on his head and he was just like "******** YOU VOLDEMORT." He didn't give some stupid speech about heartfelt crap... Also, he was supposed to slay Nagini BEFORE Harry stopped feigning death. It wasn't supposed to be some drawn out stupid thing with Ron and Hermione.
/huff

Not the mention the whole cheezy "let's finish this like we started it, together!" line. Plus harry didnt use the elder want to repair his own wand!

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
InuBishounen
Kuroi_Ri
Lila-Dyed-Blue
They left all the house elves out of Goblet of Fire- Instead, the Horntail broke loose. XP

Oh yeeeeaaaahh! The Horntail isn't supposed to get loose!!
So much for security, right?
As for the House elves, I think know the only times they were shown were Dobby scenes stare

There is no security in WB's wizard world..anybody just walks into the the freaking bowels of the Ministry without even a wand-check and every other scene somebody is ducking out of the way of something.. things are exploding, etc..it's like the whole population is on crack. I get that they were making it a world of wonder and surprise..but really if that much was going wrong every second of their daily lives, they would have never gotten anything done.. sweatdrop

I really was disappointed with how they handled the Tournament...like when I was reading the maze part with the sphinx, I was like, "oh crap, he's dead" and the golden mist that freaked with your mind (they could have had fun with that).. but they just made it even easier than in the book where Crouch, Jr. said he was clearing stuff from the path.

I was so peeved when they left out the hospital wing scene! That was the turning point of the whole series. That was when I thought that crap was about to get real. Spies and secret missions and the first mention of the Order. I remember it was after that book that I started seeing all the "good or bad" Snape arguments start up.

I think one of the most poorly done movies was GoF. because it was the turning point of the entire series from children's books to something more serious and darker. Followed by OotP. Heck, let;'s not forget HBP as well!!
Urg.

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Aeronel
Kuroi_Ri
Aeronel
Kuroi_Ri
Aeronel
mister moony lupin
In The Deathly Hallows Part 2, when Harry saw Ron and Hermione before going into the forest to face Voldemort.
He was supposed to be under his Invisibility Cloak and he wasn't supposed to see anyone he knew, because if he did, he wasn't sure he would have had the strength to keep going. (Except Neville, whom he told to kill the snake. ANOTHER THING.)
Also, I don't think Hermione and Ron would have let him go alone, if they knew...
ALSO, they messed up Neville's badass scene where the sorting hat was lit on fire on his head and he was just like "******** YOU VOLDEMORT." He didn't give some stupid speech about heartfelt crap... Also, he was supposed to slay Nagini BEFORE Harry stopped feigning death. It wasn't supposed to be some drawn out stupid thing with Ron and Hermione.
/huff

Yeah the thing I minded most was that Neville sort of got gypped sad It wasn't as awesome a scene as it was in the book, in my opinion.

That was one of the worst parts of DH2 because it was supposed to have shown just how much Neville had grown and just how loyal he was to Harry. But noooo, they had to cut out his time for some Draco-awkward-hugging and some Voldemort-freaky-NYAAAAAH!

I know :-[ Well at least those who've read the books know how awesome he really is :3

Lol, now you just made me feel bad for those that only watch the films XD

Imo those people should get up off their butts and read the books! Hehe. Seriously though, free at the library! And just so much more to them than could ever have been in the movie (I'm just talking time restraints, not plot/whatever). That's pretty much my opinion on any book-to-movie, especially epics like Harry Potter and LotR and Dune; people should invest time in reading the books.

Lol, I second that opinion. Although, some films I found were actually better than the book. Twilight: New Moon, for example. -.-

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
TotchiSnagglepuss5
TotchiSnagglepuss5
Maliggy
Kuroi_Ri
I WANTED THE SPHINX TOO!!! Couldn't they have, I don't know, animated the one in Egypt or something?! They had people turning into animals for crying out loud. What's a little animation, hunh? crying

Hunh, speak for yourself. I was still more disappointed than not with the last two films. Well, they -were- better than HBP; couldn't even stomach watching it a second time.

Have to ask though, if the subplots had been left out then how were they tied together in the end? )_o
I didn't say it was good. I said it was better than expected.

They weren't. They just left them out altogether.
They filled in the parts that were edgy and interesting -- like Snape's background with Lily [even though they left out huge chunks of that, too] and Albus' sister [being dead but not why or how].
They totally chucked the subplot about Remus and Tonks. They didn't even show their son at the epilogue ending. Sure, they threw hints here and there [them having an announcement in the beginning, being seen dead together, and Harry asking what was going to happen to their son] but to people who're watching the movies and have never read the books, they're probably going "WHAAAAT? They had a son? WHEN THE HELL." They also left out when Remus was totally pussing out and asking Harry if he could tag along to risk his life and s**t.
They never talked about Tom Riddle's mother and father in any of the movies. Not in the depth that it needed. Voldemort just came off as this random a*****e who wanted to kill mudbloods; not a wizard with a total Hitler complex.
They left out the parts where Hagrid was trying to convince the giants to not side with the Death Eaters [sure, they gave a glimpse of it in one of the movies but one black eye is not good enough unless you've read the books].
Barely mentioned Albus' relationship with Grindelwald and the adventures they went on.

I haven't read the 7th book since the midnight release. So, that's all I can remember [They left out Percy's subplot, too]. I'll continue listing them as I recall them.

Looking at it from a realistic point of view, it would have taken like fifteen movies to put in all of the subplots, but they could have at least put in the Albus and Grindelwald relationship, Remus and Tonks' son, and Tom Riddle's parents. At least his parents. It was very necessary. My book says it's important, I dunno know about yours. Of course Voldemort's an a*****e, but I would have preferred my damn background. Maybe I'm stupid to be comparing this to Buffy, but I loved the flashbacks to Angelus; they showed you WHY Angel felt so horrible because of the well, horrific, things Angelus had done. I think Voldemort could have benefited from a similar flashback. Of course he was a p***k, but the story would have been a bit better. But like I said, it would take like fifteen movies to put in everything.

Yeah, if you want to get logical about it, that's true. But as you implied, it didn't mean they couldn't have added a few sub-plots of the major characters. Just because the name of the movie is Harry Potter doesn't mean it's only about him, after all. They made the movies almost one-dimensional.
Angel had so much of the backstory thing that he had his own series made!! Not that I am complaining you see ... x3

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Konako_Akari
mister moony lupin
/huff

Not the mention the whole cheezy "let's finish this like we started it, together!" line. Plus harry didnt use the elder want to repair his own wand!

There was a meme made of that that said something like "Harry getting jealous of Draco getting a hug from Voldemort and wanting one as well."
I agreed completely -.-
YOU DIDN'T START IT TOGETHER, YOU IDIOT!!! scream

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Melody Trinity Ann
Can't think of a specific scene/event. It's been a while since i've read the books. I simpy wanted to say...since when does hollywood NOT make a movie different from the book? They did it with Twilight, The Chronicles of Narnia, etc...stupid hollywood. And most of the scenes they change/delete entirely are like the BEST scenes from the book

Lol. ain't that the truth!!!!
To be fair, though maybe it's because I've watched some movies before reading the books, I think they tried with some of them. Scott Pilgrim Vs The World. Nine Lives of Chloe King. Princess Diaries.
To name a few
But Harry Potter? Only the first two, honestly.
At least Dumbledore hadn't been wearing a damn fez -.^
Kuroi_Ri
Aeronel
Kuroi_Ri
Aeronel
Kuroi_Ri

That was one of the worst parts of DH2 because it was supposed to have shown just how much Neville had grown and just how loyal he was to Harry. But noooo, they had to cut out his time for some Draco-awkward-hugging and some Voldemort-freaky-NYAAAAAH!

I know :-[ Well at least those who've read the books know how awesome he really is :3

Lol, now you just made me feel bad for those that only watch the films XD

Imo those people should get up off their butts and read the books! Hehe. Seriously though, free at the library! And just so much more to them than could ever have been in the movie (I'm just talking time restraints, not plot/whatever). That's pretty much my opinion on any book-to-movie, especially epics like Harry Potter and LotR and Dune; people should invest time in reading the books.

Lol, I second that opinion. Although, some films I found were actually better than the book. Twilight: New Moon, for example. -.-

I'm not too serious about Twilight myself but I guess I do see how the movies could be better :p

Fashionable Survivor

Kuroi_Ri
InuBishounen
Kuroi_Ri
InuBishounen
Kuroi_Ri

XD There are just some that are that gifted. Seriously, sometimes I watch the movies just to hear his voice =3
Lol, let's just hope the remake would be closer to the books then!!!

Oh-my-god-yes that voice! heart You know he can sing too!? In one of his movies Truely Madley Deeply, the man sings and play some instrument (I forgot what, it's been a few years) I about died into a fangirl puddle..and of course Sweeny Todd (that upset me so much) The 1st time I watched it with friends I knew what was going to happen and covered my face (this from a horror buff.) But I still heard it and my friends took pity on me XD

If the right poeple got a hold of it, it'll be as long as the Lord of the Rings movies and 7x more epic!

eek ALAN RICKMAN SINGS?! OMG I think I just died a little inside. Should he and Tom Felton ever do a duet, I'd like my epitaph to read: "Died of excess joy"
I would have no regrets. heart heart heart
I say the people that did LotR should take a crack at a HP remake. It can't be any worse after all.
Hunh. Famous last words XD

YES he sings! blaugh I have his duet with Johnny Depp on my mp3 player...omg to hear that right in your ears. *dies* He and Tom Felton would end the fandom..everyone would just die from the awesomeness!

At the very least, their camping scenes would be the stuff of legend..And that group has no problem going off to see what the side characters are up to..so we would get all those sub-plots we missed out on in the 1st HP movies.

OMG I never even thought of getting that!!! Sweeney Todd? (I confess to not having watch the reproduction >x< wink .
Now that you point it out... I don't think I want them to do the duet; if that should happen, they wouldn't have any fans left!! Unless they fancy post mortem fans of course... >.>

Any who survived that bit of awesome would have fried brains... O.o

Fashionable Survivor

Kuroi_Ri
InuBishounen
Kuroi_Ri
Lila-Dyed-Blue
They left all the house elves out of Goblet of Fire- Instead, the Horntail broke loose. XP

Oh yeeeeaaaahh! The Horntail isn't supposed to get loose!!
So much for security, right?
As for the House elves, I think know the only times they were shown were Dobby scenes stare

There is no security in WB's wizard world..anybody just walks into the the freaking bowels of the Ministry without even a wand-check and every other scene somebody is ducking out of the way of something.. things are exploding, etc..it's like the whole population is on crack. I get that they were making it a world of wonder and surprise..but really if that much was going wrong every second of their daily lives, they would have never gotten anything done.. sweatdrop

I really was disappointed with how they handled the Tournament...like when I was reading the maze part with the sphinx, I was like, "oh crap, he's dead" and the golden mist that freaked with your mind (they could have had fun with that).. but they just made it even easier than in the book where Crouch, Jr. said he was clearing stuff from the path.

I was so peeved when they left out the hospital wing scene! That was the turning point of the whole series. That was when I thought that crap was about to get real. Spies and secret missions and the first mention of the Order. I remember it was after that book that I started seeing all the "good or bad" Snape arguments start up.

I think one of the most poorly done movies was GoF. because it was the turning point of the entire series from children's books to something more serious and darker. Followed by OotP. Heck, let;'s not forget HBP as well!!
Urg.

*shakes head* I don't know what they were thinking.. unless they were really trying to keep them in the "children's" category... but the only way to do that would have been to cut straight to the epilogue and leave EVERYTHING out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff