Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
T3h 360 Devil
Kuroi_Ri
T3h 360 Devil
hmmmmm....... from OOtP Bellatrix escaped through the floo network? umm...

xD One would think the Ministry would have a bit more security than that wouldn't one? xD

lol. i am disappointed that in the movie voldy didnt save bella from the atrium. sigh

I'm disappointed I didn't get to see Voldie watch as Bella got AK'd and went all scream
Kuroi_Ri
boardme
How about Voldy hugging Draco?? xD

*shudders* that was just . . . Not right. I whimpered when I saw that part and thought, "Harry you're the Bloody Saviour; this is torture!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZW_dwd_WJY

xD
HaruLover123
Amalc
In the first part of the Deathly Hallows:

They don't dance.
The Haircut.
Harry's anger issues.

I'll add more as the movie continues.

the dancing part was weird and akward xp

User Image

Aged Gawker

When the Burrow burned down. That wasn't in the book, I think.
Kuroi_Ri
Amalc
In the first part of the Deathly Hallows:

They don't dance.
The Haircut.
Harry's anger issues.

I'll add more as the movie continues.

Actually, that ticked me off; the fact that Harry and Hermione were portrayed as maybe having deeper feelings -.-

I think it was cute! I knew they weren't together so I wasn't mad.

User Image
Kuroi_Ri

True, however, neither Harry nor Hermione were portrayed as touchy feely in the books, which makes their actions in the film more annoying.
Yeah, I get what you mean. I was going 'Y U No' Guy on that scene -.-

The characters aren't going to be exactly the same. But I think they were in that one scene because it was needed. Not only for a cinematic "mood lifter", but also for movie!Harry and movie!Hermione. They've been out for months without family, hope, and Ron was nowhere to be found. It was pretty much hopeless, but that one scene helped pick both of them up just a little, and even shaped the friendship between movie!Harry and movie!Hermione, because I always had a feeling in the movies, Ron was always the bridge to keep the two of them together.

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Kuroi_Ri
BeMuled MissBeth
Anyone who's read the books knows that the movies were hack and slash versions. As far as I'm concerned, given the amount of information vital to the story as a whole, they should've started doing Part 1 & 2 versions of the movie starting at The Prisoner of Azkaban. And this last installment should've been three parts. It's not as if they were small budget films. It's not like the actors weren't willing to do all they could for these moves. And it's not as though the fans would have objected to so much more of their beloved books being portrayed true to the original story. In fact, as popular as these movies have been, and as much money as they've each pulled in, I'd be willing to bet they likely would've made double if they had simply started dividing the movies earlier in order to include more of the original storyline, characters, and general information.

I'm looking forward to Deathly Hallows Part 2 on DVD, though, to see what scenes were filmed and deleted from the final cut.

That's so true. And they even promised to stick to the book! They. Promised!! crying

Hollywood promises are pie crust promises: easily made, easily broken. Like politicians, they never stick to their word. *sigh*

One scene that was exempted from Part 2 of the Deathly Hallows was, from the book, Snape's memory of the time Padfoot, Moody, Wormtail and Prongs had charmed him upside down to show off his underwear. I know they'd covered that scene in an earlier movie, but it should have been extended in the last to reveal why it was that Lily and Snape parted ways. He had, in the book, called her a mudblood when she'd come to his rescue against his four Gryfindor bullies. I think they should've left that scene in as it would've made his feelings and his regrets for her that much more powerful.
I thought the dancing scene in Part 1 was establishing their friendship. Nothing more, nothing less. It happens right after Ron leaves then. Why would Harry put the moves on Hermione after Ron ditches them? That would have been a d**k move, man.

Imagine how awesome it would have been, in movie 5, if after the twins messed up the OWLs, we see Peeves and one of the twins goes, "Give 'em hell, Peeves!"

Dobby ;__; His death would have made more of an impact if we saw him in the other movies.

St. Mungos. I wanted to see Neville's parents.
Was I the only one who thought Harry's "death" scene was VERY anti-climactic? "Hi Harry. Avada Kadavra!" *Falls over* And they left out almost all of Snape's past, which was like a whole chapter in the book. A very GOOD chapter!
PapaGrizz
5th movie skipped the entire part where harry and the twins got banned from quidditch thats aggrevating

They don't even mention Quidditch in the 5th movie. And they neglect to point out Hermione and Ron are made prefects, and they skip the entire weird door scene in the Dept of Mysteries, which, I don't mind that they left all that out but it was kind of big.
neville gave harry the gillyweed in the 4th psh

Hunter

TEDDY. LUPIN. WAS. ONLY. MENTIONED. ONCE. What was this?? I wanted to see him.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
That scene in the 3rd movie when Harry was using Lumos and Nox underneath his blanket.

Draco and Voldemort hug.

Friendly Vampire

The Lucie-Saurus
Kuroi_Ri

True, however, neither Harry nor Hermione were portrayed as touchy feely in the books, which makes their actions in the film more annoying.
Yeah, I get what you mean. I was going 'Y U No' Guy on that scene -.-

The characters aren't going to be exactly the same. But I think they were in that one scene because it was needed. Not only for a cinematic "mood lifter", but also for movie!Harry and movie!Hermione. They've been out for months without family, hope, and Ron was nowhere to be found. It was pretty much hopeless, but that one scene helped pick both of them up just a little, and even shaped the friendship between movie!Harry and movie!Hermione, because I always had a feeling in the movies, Ron was always the bridge to keep the two of them together.

One of the many flaws of the movies, the characters Hermione are different from how they are in canon. Gives a horrible impression for people who haven't read the books, really.

And that's a big reason I feel awkward about the dance scene. It was SO out of character. Harry HATES dancing and is awkward and sucks at comforting people. Harry, of all people, would never comfort someone by dancing with them. It's just not him. The real Harry Potter threw a blanket over Hermione while she was crying and walked away. It's part of his flaws, one I have always been able to identify with, so it bugs me to see him act so differently.

Yeah, I get why they wanted to put the scene into the movie, but I am not okay with the way they have completely changed the characters. These characters are loved for a reason, so I don't accept any excuse for making them do something that is the complete opposite of what we know they would do. I don't care if it looks great or helps demonstrate something the movie people want to get across. It's out of character, plain and simple.

The scene itself was one of the very best in all of the HP films. It was done brilliantly and looked amazing. It had just the right emotion. Looking at it as nothing more than a movie scene, I loved it. However, taking into account what I know about these characters and what I know their actual interactions to be, it bugs the crap out of me.

Also, I'm sorry, but the whole thing with Harry looking Hermione in the eyes as he reaches around her neck to undo the locket, is a romantic gesture. That scene leading into the dance is what makes it look like more than just friends. The actual dancing is silly enough to honestly go either way. I already know they don't have feelings for each other, so I can say it's just friendly. But I guarantee you had I not read the books I'd think they were "obviously" going to end up together. (They've spent six movies pushing Harry/Hermione already, after all.)

Now, if that scene had of been Ron and Hermione from before he left, I would have no problem.
~

There's so many damn things from the movies that would NEVER HAPPEN in canon, it's ridiculous! But here's one off the top of my head: Hermione suggests to Harry that they can just not search for Horcruxes and live their lives alone together. What the ******** hell?! Once again, out of character! Hermione Jean Granger would NEVER suggest they sit around and do nothing and let Voldemort's reign continue! Much less that she and Harry are gonna live the rest of their lives alone together. Yeah, I see what you did there, Kloves. rolleyes Lonely teenage girl fighting a huge battle or not, Hermione is stronger, more determined, and more noble than that.

Oh, one more. All that effing disapperating inside of Hogwarts. Seriously? How many times does Hermione have to say it?

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
mister moony lupin
In The Deathly Hallows Part 2, when Harry saw Ron and Hermione before going into the forest to face Voldemort.
He was supposed to be under his Invisibility Cloak and he wasn't supposed to see anyone he knew, because if he did, he wasn't sure he would have had the strength to keep going. (Except Neville, whom he told to kill the snake. ANOTHER THING.)
Also, I don't think Hermione and Ron would have let him go alone, if they knew...
ALSO, they messed up Neville's badass scene where the sorting hat was lit on fire on his head and he was just like "******** YOU VOLDEMORT." He didn't give some stupid speech about heartfelt crap... Also, he was supposed to slay Nagini BEFORE Harry stopped feigning death. It wasn't supposed to be some drawn out stupid thing with Ron and Hermione.
/huff

I can see why they skipped over the Sorting Hat being lit on fire on Neville's head, though. It would've been too gruesome if they left that in.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff