Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
Hey! Anyone on here play the muggle version of Quidditch? I've been interested in starting a team, and I also plan to go to the World cup in the fall, but I was just curious if anyone on here has played or seen them play...
mandygurl71
Hey! Anyone on here play the muggle version of Quidditch? I've been interested in starting a team, and I also plan to go to the World cup in the fall, but I was just curious if anyone on here has played or seen them play...

i never knew people did that

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
His Shortie 143
mandygurl71

International Quidditch Assiociation

Yep, I found out about a year ago and I've been trying to play ever since. I just only know one other person in my area that is interested, and no colleges around here play either for me to join the team, they are all in other states and countries which upsets me greatly.
I've seen them play....
the snitch is a human who runs around the field....
I'm not quite sure how the beaters/bludgers work in the muggle version though...

Quotable Nerd

7,750 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I'd love to play Quidditch but if I were to join your team you'd have to supply the broomsticks ( i don't have any that fly wink )

Dapper Capitalist

My school has a team. I've never had the chance to watch them, but I had a class with a guy who was on the team, and he was telling me about how it works. It sounded pretty interesting.
mandygurl71
His Shortie 143
mandygurl71

Yep, I found out about a year ago and I've been trying to play ever since. I just only know one other person in my area that is interested, and no colleges around here play either for me to join the team, they are all in other states and countries which upsets me greatly.

wow that sucks and this is seriously the first time ive ever heard of it crazy right?

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
Earane_Fefalas
I've seen them play....
the snitch is a human who runs around the field....
I'm not quite sure how the beaters/bludgers work in the muggle version though...

The Beaters play dodge ball pretty much. They use a dodge ball to throw at people to 'knock' them off of there brooms. That's what I read anyway in the rule book.
the college i'm about to go to has a club team. i might join biggrin

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
His Shortie 143
mandygurl71
His Shortie 143
mandygurl71

wow that sucks and this is seriously the first time ive ever heard of it crazy right?

No not really crazy, I do not know many people that know of it. My boyfriend thought I was crazy when I brought it up till I showed him the website too haha. I'm dragging him to the world cup since its in new york and I'm pretty close to there haha.

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
une_pomme_verte
the college i'm about to go to has a club team. i might join biggrin

That'd be awesome. I am trying to start a community team since I dunno any colleges here that would be interested. I know that TCNJ was trying to start one, but I do not think they ever did and I don't go to that college anyway so it does not help me either haha.
mandygurl71
His Shortie 143
mandygurl71
His Shortie 143
mandygurl71

No not really crazy, I do not know many people that know of it. My boyfriend thought I was crazy when I brought it up till I showed him the website too haha. I'm dragging him to the world cup since its in new york and I'm pretty close to there haha.

hahaha seems fair enough has he ever dragged you to something before?

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
His Shortie 143
mandygurl71
His Shortie 143
mandygurl71
His Shortie 143
mandygurl71

Occasionally, mostly just movies though, nothing like this. He does know how much it means to me though and that's part of why he wants to go. That and he wants to see how it is actually played...he just thinks I'm crazy for wanting to create a team, I told him if he's gonna act like that I'll just make it my career lol.
mandygurl71
His Shortie 143
mandygurl71
His Shortie 143
mandygurl71

Occasionally, mostly just movies though, nothing like this. He does know how much it means to me though and that's part of why he wants to go. That and he wants to see how it is actually played...he just thinks I'm crazy for wanting to create a team, I told him if he's gonna act like that I'll just make it my career lol.

hahahahah that would be really funny

Devoted Friend

8,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
His Shortie 143
mandygurl71
His Shortie 143
mandygurl71
His Shortie 143
mandygurl71

hahahahah that would be really funny

I thought it would be. ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas