Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Borg

So, I was reading on here, and saw a post...that in the first book, when Harry let the snake out on Dudley at the zoo that he let out Nagini, I couldn't tell if the person posting it was serious or just being stupid (and I don't remember who said it, sorry)

Is that true, or was the person being stupid?

I've always just thought it was a normal snake, which still makes the most sense to me.

Dapper Gaian

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Millionaire 200
the snake volodmort has and the one in the zoo are the same snake in real life, and that was because it was a trained snake so would follow instructions, in the film i have been told that the one harry releases was voldomorts snake, and thats why it followed him down the tank when he went past, but i dont know that for sure, i hope you get a better reply then mine smile

Questionable Borg

fire monkey95
the snake volodmort has and the one in the zoo are the same snake in real life, and that was because it was a trained snake so would follow instructions, in the film i have been told that the one harry releases was voldomorts snake, and thats why it followed him down the tank when he went past, but i dont know that for sure, i hope you get a better reply then mine smile
I just always assumed the snake listened because Harry could speak the language, I can't imagine...Voldemort not keeping Nagini with him, since it was a horocrux and all, even if he was attached to the back of Quirrel's head and all at the time.

Dapper Gaian

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Millionaire 200
Mayor Gravity
fire monkey95
I just always assumed the snake listened because Harry could speak the language, I can't imagine...Voldemort not keeping Nagini with him, since it was a horocrux and all, even if he was attached to the back of Quirrel's head and all at the time.
but harry only started speaking to the snake after it followed him, and we dont know hoe long volodomort was on the back of the head, the way im looking at it is, theres not enougth information to me to say one way or the other, so whatever you think is more realistic is hat you should go with (ps wouldent he want a horocrux some where no one would exspect? wink

Questionable Borg

fire monkey95
Mayor Gravity
fire monkey95
but harry only started speaking to the snake after it followed him, and we dont know hoe long volodomort was on the back of the head, the way im looking at it is, theres not enougth information to me to say one way or the other, so whatever you think is more realistic is hat you should go with (ps wouldent he want a horocrux some where no one would exspect? wink
Well, yes...but all in all, wouldn't the safest place, be right next to him, or security purposes?

Lupine Hellraiser

Bookwise, they aren't even the same type of snake.
Moviewise, the one released was male.
I'm not sure where this rumor started but it's really dumb. emotion_eyebrow
The only thing they have in common is that they are snakes.
They used the same snake for the movies. But in the books, they're two different snakes.
Mayor Gravity
fire monkey95
Mayor Gravity
fire monkey95
Well, yes...but all in all, wouldn't the safest place, be right next to him, or security purposes?
Nagini wasn't a horcrux yet at that time. Voldemort was probably still in Albania looking for a body to posses. This might have been about the time when he attached himself to Quirrell's head. Nagini was NOT the snake that Harry set free. They weren't even the same type. But they did use the same snake to play the roles in the movie.

Questionable Borg

Marieasdfghjkl
Mayor Gravity
fire monkey95
Mayor Gravity
fire monkey95
Nagini wasn't a horcrux yet at that time. Voldemort was probably still in Albania looking for a body to posses. This might have been about the time when he attached himself to Quirrell's head. Nagini was NOT the snake that Harry set free. They weren't even the same type. But they did use the same snake to play the roles in the movie.
That's what I figured all along, that seemed to make the most sense, but I wasn't sure after that guy posted.
Mayor Gravity
Marieasdfghjkl
Mayor Gravity
fire monkey95
Mayor Gravity
fire monkey95
That's what I figured all along, that seemed to make the most sense, but I wasn't sure after that guy posted.
Yeah. If you read Goblet of Fire, you'll learn that Voldemort didn't make nagini a horcrux until he kills the muggle.

Greedy Capitalist

If I recall, the snake Harry let out went back to Brazil

Sweet Gaian

iKarnezar
If I recall, the snake Harry let out went back to Brazil
I don't think it was ever stated but no further information was ever given on the Boa Constrictor that Harry accidentally released. I would also like to point out--even though it has all ready been established that the snake and Nagini are completely different in regards to the books--that the boa constrictor was bred in the zoo.

Desirable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Hm.....not sure....that's a really good question though, I never really thought about that.
Wasn't the one at the zoo a boa or python or something
and Nagini some type of nasty a** viper of some sort

Shirtless Sex Symbol

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Quote:
I never thought of it that way, But i don't think so, because the snake said itself that it was going to southern brazil or wherever its species was from, but hey, i could be wrong

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff