Welcome to Gaia! ::

Specter Flux
another wandering artist
As useful as a wand is...wouldn't we need to learn how to use it?

There isn't exactly a dearth of instructions.

Are we assuming here that we all have some kind of innate ability to actually use these magical items? Because what is useful to a wizard is drastically different from what would be useful to a Muggle.

It seemed that with most of the first years, they point the wand and blow stuff up. The magic is channeled through the wand it seems, but with spells, there are certain incantations and wrist movements to be followed. They are usually taught by professors, or spell books.

I assumed I was a muggle, but if I was a witch...I'd probably still go for the Half Blood Prince's book.

Romantic Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
not really sure, wish i could pick all heart

Liberal Smoker

Asidd from the obvious 'wand', I think I'd like a dragon heh
Keen Incisions
Specter Flux

Are we assuming here that we all have some kind of innate ability to actually use these magical items? Because what is useful to a wizard is drastically different from what would be useful to a Muggle.

I actually was going to ask this about the potions answer. Knowing the instructions means nothing if the magical properties of the ingredients aren't existent as muggles.
And a stick means nothing if it doesn't work right either.
I guess it would have to be more "which magical object do you wish was real?"
In which case, still wand.

"Knowing the instructions means nothing if the magical properties of the ingredients aren't existent as muggles."
That's true, I guess a potions book would be an interesting read for me.

"I guess it would have to be more "which magical object do you wish was real?"
In which case, still wand."

I would pick the wand too, but there is a limit to what we can create with a wand, food for example, and I'm not sure if we can create that which does not exist (But I am no expert). Also, do we know the spells, the incantations and wrist movements to perform them? If we did then yeah, a wand is a logical choice, probably the best.

I apologize for over thinking. emo

Lupine Hellraiser

another wandering artist

"Knowing the instructions means nothing if the magical properties of the ingredients aren't existent as muggles."

I would pick the wand too, but there is a limit to what we can create with a wand, food for example, and I'm not sure if we can create that which does not exist (But I am no expert). Also, do we know the spells, the incantations and wrist movements to perform them? If we did then yeah, a wand is a logical choice, probably the best.

No problem, that's pretty much what I was getting at. The question seems simple, but it's more fun to think about the details (like whether or not we'd know how to use it.)
I think wand and potion books are both good choices, but we'd have to know how to use them right
Otherwise we have a chem book and a twig. emotion_donotwant

Desirable Wench

13,000 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Jolly Roger 50
I would want a wand. No more broken glasses for me(happens a lot actually) and no more bad hair days!! I could wave my wand and my room would be clean and i wouldn't have to even life a finger smile

Hello wizarding world! here i come!!!! WATCH OUT
heart

Smitten Fatcat

Could I have a character? Having Fred to myself would be nice. 3nodding
Keen Incisions
another wandering artist

No problem, that's pretty much what I was getting at. The question seems simple, but it's more fun to think about the details (like whether or not we'd know how to use it.)
I think wand and potion books are both good choices, but we'd have to know how to use them right
Otherwise we have a chem book and a twig. emotion_donotwant

rofl Being a chemistry student, I might know how to use the book...if I can find the materials.
I'd deffinately choose the wand. Then I'd be able to use insendio (: my favorite spell to be honest.

Lupine Hellraiser

another wandering artist

rofl Being a chemistry student, I might know how to use the book...if I can find the materials.

And twigs are good for poking out eyes. emotion_awesome
Haha. Either way, good answers.
Keen Incisions
another wandering artist

OH SNAP! rofl

Witty Shapeshifter

14,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Threadmaster 200

Severus Snape's hand in marriage....

Greedy Capitalist

Assuming I'm a wizard, then yes, a Wand.

Romantic Wench

11,125 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
another wandering artist
Keen Incisions
another wandering artist

OH SNAP! rofl

No pun intended!!! Or maybe it was...

Romantic Wench

11,125 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
rainee dei
Could I have a character? Having Fred to myself would be nice. 3nodding

I guess that counts. I did say an item.

I might wanna change my pick then. Cause I would want Draco Malfoy...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff