Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Wench

11,125 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
So, I am restarting this thread that I made about a month ago. It didn't get a lot of viewers probably because of the name, it was just way too vague. So my Question...

If you could only pick one item out of the Wizarding world to posses, what would you pick?

It could be something like a wand or the stone from HP&SS, or something that is even a little out of the box.

So, go for it!!!

Edit: For some of my great thinkers, you would also have the ability to utilize this item, if you were to have it.

Edit part II: Eh, I will let it slide if you desire a person, but lets not go too fangirl or fanboy over the person, and give an explanation why and be prepared to argue out why he or she is the best. I like to get all devil's advocate sometimes and might make you a little upset, I will try not to go to extreme, but beware...

Romantic Wench

11,125 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
My rules!

So, as this is a thread where we can talk about our favorite item from the Wizarding world, I want this to be a place of great dialogue, where we can debate and such, so I need to make some rules:

1. Follow the ToS.

2. Be respectful of other people's opinions.

3. Spamming and trolling will not be permitted, unless I know who it is, because I know a couple of you just like to do so for fun and so I will let it slide. Anyone who decides to do so will be removed and banned and put on a list with a snappy name of those blacklisted.

4. Also let's be more cautious about our language. I know that we all can get a little crazy with the language, but we need to cool it down a bit, we are debating, not cussing someone out. so just be aware of that. I am not omitting it completely, but just asking for a little less if you curse often. Those who do not follow this rule will also be blacklisted and kicked out.

5. Those who are respectful, and do a good job with debating and just expressing what they desire about the topic will be put on a list of honored patrons.

Romantic Wench

11,125 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Dumbledore's Army/ Awesome Death Eaters

Umbridge Flunkies (Blacklist)

Romantic Wench

11,125 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
This has now become the consensus spot. I will tally up the items and place them here in terms of popularity. Hopefully this will also give some people some thoughts on what they might like or if they want to debate on which one item is better!!! This will be done tomorrow. I need to do some reading for class and sleep!!! xd

Amateur Millionaire

A wand.

I don't see why anyone would ever pick anything else. The other options pale in comparison. Even Hogwarts Castle itself, because with one, you can create most of the other interesting things.

Now some Gryffindor will come and contradict me.

Romantic Wench

11,125 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Specter Flux
A wand.

I don't see why anyone would ever pick anything else. The other options pale in comparison. Even Hogwarts Castle itself, because with one, you can create most of the other interesting things.

Now some Gryffindor will come and contradict me.

I totally agree with you, the wand would be the most useful at least to me. I know some people think the firebolt would be useful and such.

Tipsy Genius

I would have to say a wand. You could poof up anything else with one. >>

Amateur Millionaire

xX StarKitteh Xx

Well, there are some things that would be amazingly difficult, like certain unique magical artifacts, but with enough thought and effort, most if not all of the effects could probably be duplicated.

Like anyone would ever use the Ressurection Stone anyway.

Tipsy Genius

Specter Flux
xX StarKitteh Xx

Well, there are some things that would be amazingly difficult, like certain unique magical artifacts, but with enough thought and effort, most if not all of the effects could probably be duplicated.

Like anyone would ever use the Ressurection Stone anyway.

Anything accept food, I should think would. Ressurection Stone? No one I feel affection for has died. Or exists.

Lupine Hellraiser

The wand, it's like making a wish to have unlimited wishes. xd
My second choice would be a Time Turner. Extra sleep, here I come.
I think Felix Felicis. I could use a little more luck every once in a while.

Amateur Millionaire

Keen Incisions
The wand, it's like making a wish to have unlimited wishes. xd
My second choice would be a Time Turner. Extra sleep, here I come.

So much sense you make.

How are you even a Gryffindor?
As useful as a wand is...wouldn't we need to learn how to use it? I'd personally like the Half Blood Prince's book...potions is muggle friendly right? Well, at least I can maybe learn some Chemistry tricks. 3nodding

Amateur Millionaire

another wandering artist
As useful as a wand is...wouldn't we need to learn how to use it?

There isn't exactly a dearth of instructions.

Are we assuming here that we all have some kind of innate ability to actually use these magical items? Because what is useful to a wizard is drastically different from what would be useful to a Muggle.

Lupine Hellraiser

Specter Flux

Are we assuming here that we all have some kind of innate ability to actually use these magical items? Because what is useful to a wizard is drastically different from what would be useful to a Muggle.

I actually was going to ask this about the potions answer. Knowing the instructions means nothing if the magical properties of the ingredients aren't existent as muggles.
And a stick means nothing if it doesn't work right either.
I guess it would have to be more "which magical object do you wish was real?"
In which case, still wand.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas