Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why does there need to be a competetion? I seriosuly don't get it. People who make fun of Twilight fans should not and people who make fun of Harry Potter fans should not. The people who make fun of/ bully the people on the opposite side that they're not on look pathetic and stupid in my opinion. I like both Harry Potter and Twilight, BUT if I happened NOT to like one of them I still wouldn't judge,bully, or criticize the other side. All this fighting I'm seeing in other forum posts about this two phenomenons is ridiculous. I'm starting to get the impression that the people who are criticizing the other side's liking are trying to manipulate them into not liking either Twilight or Harry Potter. So,I just wanted to say why do people care so much about what other people like? Seriously why? You can't control what other people like! So, people who critcize the opposite side should really get a life.I'm just saying.By the way I'm not at all trying to start a fight.I just think there should be some peace between both sides.

Tipsy Goat

★☆★ User Image User Image User Image ★☆★

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

════════════════

They shouldn't be compared in the first place. Twilight is nowhere near Harry Potter's level. :I

════════════════

"Mischief managed."
A Special Illusion

════════════════

They shouldn't be compared in the first place. Twilight is nowhere near Harry Potter's level. :I

════════════════

"Mischief managed."

I'm pretty sure other Harry Potter fans would agree,but I'm also pretty sure Twilight fans would say the opposite of what you said.

Tipsy Goat

The Official Teagan
A Special Illusion

════════════════

════════════════

"Mischief managed."

I'm pretty sure other Harry Potter fans would agree,but I'm also pretty sure Twilight fans would say the opposite of what you said.

════════════════

Yeah, more than likely, but I'm speaking from a literary standpoint, and as far as meaningful stories go, Harry Potter blows Twilight out of the water and to infinity. :I

════════════════

"Mischief managed."

Tipsy Tycoon

10,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
They're targeted at different audiences. Honestly, I'm a Potterhead all the way and I don't much care for Twilight. But a lot of my friends are Twilight people and that's cool. They like what they like and I like what I like.

I don't like eating the top bun on my burgers, either, but I don't fight with top-bun people.
A Special Illusion
The Official Teagan
A Special Illusion

════════════════

════════════════

"Mischief managed."

════════════════

Yeah, more than likely, but I'm speaking from a literary standpoint, and as far as meaningful stories go, Harry Potter blows Twilight out of the water and to infinity. :I

════════════════

"Mischief managed."

Ok.

Desirable Vampire

6,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I agree with what was said by A Special Illusion. If we're talking about literacy.. Harry Potter would win. That shouldn't be fought about in the first place.

I like Twilight. But if someone is criticizing me for that I'm going to be agreeing with half of what they tell me.

I also like Harry Potter.. but honestly, I haven't seen very many people talk smack about HP.

There shouldn't be a war... Because it's not even a contest.

Twilight and Harry Potter are two very differen't things. Written by different people with different writing techniques...(One better then the other..)

If we are talking about the movies I would have to say Harry Potter wins. Mainly because Twilight's actors in general suck..

If you like Twilight, that's awesome. If you like Harry Potter, that's awesome.

It doesn't matter who likes who. You can't exactly force people to explain why they like something either. If they like it, they like it. Theres nothing you can say to change their mind, so don't bother with it.

Rainbow Nerd

THOSE book shouldn't be compared. I think, and always will think that Twilight is for 15 year olds and younger cause it's... about nothing.

but HP and Twilight have NOTHING in common. Which is normally some base for comparison.

You can say "twilight sucks' or ' harry potter sucks'.

but DON'T compare the two. They are totally different, thank God.

7,825 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Twilight is a mindless story about "true" love.
Harry Potter is the challenges of a young wizard.
The CAN NOT be compared because, they are different genres. Yes, they are both indeed fantasy, but one is absolutely ridukulus (See what I did there? wink ) while one is some peoples' childhood.

Rainbow Nerd

Fallen Severus Snape
Twilight is a mindless story about "true" love.
Harry Potter is the challenges of a young wizard.
The CAN NOT be compared because, they are different genres. Yes, they are both indeed fantasy, but one is absolutely ridukulus (See what I did there? wink ) while one is some peoples' childhood.

YOUXD just YOUXD
S u r r e a l D a n i
I agree with what was said by A Special Illusion. If we're talking about literacy.. Harry Potter would win. That shouldn't be fought about in the first place.

I like Twilight. But if someone is criticizing me for that I'm going to be agreeing with half of what they tell me.

I also like Harry Potter.. but honestly, I haven't seen very many people talk smack about HP.

There shouldn't be a war... Because it's not even a contest.

Twilight and Harry Potter are two very differen't things. Written by different people with different writing techniques...(One better then the other..)

If we are talking about the movies I would have to say Harry Potter wins. Mainly because Twilight's actors in general suck..

If you like Twilight, that's awesome. If you like Harry Potter, that's awesome.

It doesn't matter who likes who. You can't exactly force people to explain why they like something either. If they like it, they like it. Theres nothing you can say to change their mind, so don't bother with it.

Heyyyy, I love Kristen Stewart. She's my Indie movie goddess.
And Robert does quite well outside of twilight. C:

Rainbow Nerd

PsychoGit

he seemed okay when he was dying as Cedric <3
Gemenice
PsychoGit

Indeed! I can't tell if you've meant that in a smartazs way or not, but nontheless I agree.

Rainbow Nerd

PsychoGit
Gemenice
PsychoGit

Indeed! I can't tell if you've meant that in a smartazs way or not, but nontheless I agree.

Not smart XD I just can't hate him, after Pattinson himself said he hates EdwardXD I still kinda dislike him thoughXD
Gemenice
PsychoGit
Gemenice
PsychoGit

Not smart XD I just can't hate him, after Pattinson himself said he hates EdwardXD I still kinda dislike him thoughXD

It happens. xD

But after seeing all his other romance movies, ;lsdfhaskdjfas im such a sap. ;u;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff