Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Smoker

7,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
I've always thought of hidden messages in HP, not like "Find the key in Romania" type thing, more like lessons or something. I've kinda always thought of the whole story as a lesson to face your fears and thought the Golden Trio (the pure-blood, the half-blood, and the mud-blood) as racial unity. Any other types of things has anybody noticed or thought of?

5,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
O: lol omg it awsome

7,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
My professor pointed out that it's like racial hate... The death Eaters want to get rid of all muggle borns and muggles. She compared them to the KKK

Tipsy Goat

★☆★ User Image User Image User Image ★☆★

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

════════════════

I think most of the themes in HP are pretty direct, to be honest. Doing the right thing in the face of adversity, facing your fears, finding the bravery inside yourself, etc. Very meaningful, if you care to pay attention. The morals really aren't hard to find.

════════════════

"Mischief managed."

Raider

when harry released the snake in the 1st movie... it was Nagini.

3,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I like the message J.K Rowling gets across of: "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." which Dumbledore has to get across to Harry when he keeps going to look in the mirror of erised.

Questionable Borg

Eh, I try not to overthink things, but I caught onto "facing fears" pretty quickly.
Actually, in "Converstations with J.K. Rowling", Jo says that Remus' lycanthropy is a metaphor for diseases (such as HIV), and disabilities in the sense that when people learn of his condition, they shy away from him and treat him like an outcast in everyday society.

Quote:
JKR: “I know that I’ve said publicly that Remus Lupin was supposed to be on the H.I.V. metaphor. It was someone who had been infected young, who suffered stigma, who had a fear of infecting others, who was terrified he would pass on his condition to his son. And it was a way of examining prejudice, unwarranted prejudice towards a group of people. And also, examining why people might become embittered when they’re treated that unfairly.”

Read more: http://thehpfacts.tumblr.com/post/7094768659#ixzz1Xn50GbWi

Yes, there is a lot of symbolism in the series. I normally don't like to over-analyze things, but in novels such as these, it adds to the complex beauty of the series.

Beloved Lunatic

This Falcon Stole Hell

That snake was a male, Nagini was a female. They were also different breeds of snake, being the male snake was a python, I think, where as Nagini, as J.K. said, was more of a magical mix. She was venomous and a constrictor, which doesn't exist in 'real' snakes. It was a good rumor though.^^

Shameless Exhibitionist

This isn't so much a secret nor a message in the books, but I love how JK uses Greek/Roman mythology in her books. Ex: Sirius is the name of the dog star. Minerva is the roman counterpart to the greek Athena, goddess of wisdom and war.(McGonagall is both a genius and one BAMF in the war against Voldemort!) Her writing is full of real knowledge and useful information -cough- unlike twilight -cough,cough-

Witty Rabbit

19,525 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Daphne Greengrass Malfoy
This isn't so much a secret nor a message in the books, but I love how JK uses Greek/Roman mythology in her books. Ex: Sirius is the name of the dog star. Minerva is the roman counterpart to the greek Athena, goddess of wisdom and war.(McGonagall is both a genius and one BAMF in the war against Voldemort!) Her writing is full of real knowledge and useful information -cough- unlike twilight -cough,cough-

And the amount of thought put in the details like f.ex Harry's holly wand

Shameless Exhibitionist

Wabbet
Daphne Greengrass Malfoy

Exactly! I pick up something new each time I re read the books smile

Witty Rabbit

19,525 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Daphne Greengrass Malfoy
Wabbet
Daphne Greengrass Malfoy

When you realize that all the fun and interesting embellishment is actually significant

Shameless Exhibitionist

Wabbet
Daphne Greengrass Malfoy
Wabbet
Daphne Greengrass Malfoy

When you realize that all the fun and interesting embellishment is actually significant

Yes, that really is the best kind of book!
This Falcon Stole Hell
I'm pretty sure not...I can't prove it, but I'm pretty sure that Voldemort had Nagini long before that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff