Welcome to Gaia! ::

I LOVE the ones where the entire male/female characters happen to be head over heels for. I find them so stupid, it's funny.

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
How the hell has nobody mentioned what is quite possibly the worst OC in the history of, well, forever?!

Does the name Ebony Darkness Demen'tia Raven Way ring any bells?

Shameless Noob

ShinHaeMoon
LocksleyLazuliLevenworth

The most awesome biography ever. Of course, it's only a start.

Will you be my Huffly-puffly boyfriend? whee

But WTF on the others? I mean...the comments on Des Lupin made me gag....some people thought this character was complex? *shakes head*

How about: [******** Tommy Riddle

I feel like using that site is not really fair, but I could spend hours reading the terrible-ness that ensues.

IT'S TOM AND HARRY AND A DEMENTOR'S LOVECHILD.
/shot

Shameless Noob

The New Headmistress
My OC is the worst. wink .
For people who dislike noncanon, slash, and silly stuff.

Hey fawk dat s**t, we're not forcing our beliefs on others emo
Miss Marinara Sauce
How the hell has nobody mentioned what is quite possibly the worst OC in the history of, well, forever?!

COZ I SAID &B4 EBONY DARKNESS DEMENTIA WAY
PUT ON YER LISTENING EARS SILLY GOOSE!!!!1 mad

Shameless Shapeshifter

Damien's profile made me go "WHAAAAAAAAAT?"

I wonder if he's named after the character from The Omen.

Also, can anyone actually imagine a human and a dementor getting their freak on to conceive a child in the first place?
Yanueh
Damien's profile made me go "WHAAAAAAAAAT?"

I wonder if he's named after the character from The Omen.

Also, can anyone actually imagine a human and a dementor getting their freak on to conceive a child in the first place?

Not sure if sexy or not
User Image

Shameless Shapeshifter

Speaking of god-awful OC's, waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day when I was somewhere around 14 years old and a shiny new fan, I joined an RP using my Sonic the Hedgehog fan character as my OC student. And she had speshul blue and pink robes. xp

Devoted Hunter

Alice Vitalis
The New Headmistress
My OC is the worst. wink .
For people who dislike noncanon, slash, and silly stuff.

Hey fawk dat s**t, we're not forcing our beliefs on others emo

It's cause we know we're right. :3~
Yanueh
Speaking of god-awful OC's, waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day when I was somewhere around 14 years old and a shiny new fan, I joined an RP using my Sonic the Hedgehog fan character as my OC student. And she had speshul blue and pink robes. xp

AWWWWWW SWAAAAAAG.

Ahem.

If I ever made an OC it would be a deliberate self-insert, but with a true self-insert I would have to be totally honest about it.

Pour example, one of my OCs adventures would be being called to answer to the Improper Use of Magic Department for using "accio remote!" approximately 30 times in the span of one night during one of her summers off.

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Some others that I found on DeviantArt:

Lulu - A Slytherin; most Mary-Sues have to be either Gryffindor or Slytherin. Not to mention, she's a hyperactive, spazzy Slytherin. I believe we call that an oxymoron. Or in her case, just simply a moron. Also, she dies a tragic death, I'm sure. rolleyes And she's an Animagus. God forbid your OC actually struggles with magic...
Yuki Jacques - The author actually admits to self-insertion. emotion_facepalm
Anastasia - So many Sue-ish characteristics. I just want to punch her in the face. Or the author. I can't decide. Dear god... emotion_puke
Kim - She just annoys me. Again, it's either Slytherin or Gryffindor...for shame.
Marie Black - What is this I don't even
Raine - *sigh* More vampires...
Kiara Kimura - Self-insertion. Shoulda been a Gryffindor. Animagus. Part Japanese. Has no bad marks in school. classified_fu
Alexis Renard - French exchange student who became an Animagus at the age of...wait for it...three. 'Nuff said.
Amy - I don't even know what to make of this. It's like a bad mix of self-insertion and Amy Pond from Doctor Who.
Sisters Who Make NO Sense - One is Muggle-born, the other is pure-blood. They're both Sues.
Rena - Her abilities include "Animal Pheromones."
Amanda Sunfall - A Muggle-born Slytherin. It's basically giving the middle finger to canon. "******** the rules. I'm an OC with a stupid name!"
Jolt - Her Patronus is a firefox. Oh, and her eyes change color, and despite the fact that she's apparently petite, people wonder if she's descended from giants, and...screw it, you can just read the very extensive bio.
Yvette Leftwich - She's actually not that bad, but a mistake by the artist cursed her with two right hands (oh, the irony), which only makes her more popular. Of course.
Jasmine Viper - A b***h-Sue.
Kymie/Kimberly - Schizophrenic split personality. WHOO-HOO!
Simona Tichy - She's, like, part bat or something.

OK, that's from about 10 pages, and there's still more. I weep for the future of humanity. If I'm feeling masochistic tomorrow, I might add some more.

(Oh, and if by some crazy, unfortunate coincidence someone recognizes their OC in this list, I apologize. I'm in a particularly sarcastic mood this evening.)

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Ashspoon
Miss Marinara Sauce

COZ I SAID &B4 EBONY DARKNESS DEMENTIA WAY
PUT ON YER LISTENING EARS SILLY GOOSE!!!!1 mad

...Do geese have ears?

Enduring Elocutionist

Ashspoon

aaaaannnd PROFESSOR ACER who Snape haz very string feelins for, and I think Voldemort does too.

User Image

Seriously though, all these Mary-Sues and their terrible spelling and grammar is driving me nuts. Must. Resist. Red-penning! gonk

Shameless Shapeshifter

ginger_jam
If I ever made an OC it would be a deliberate self-insert, but with a true self-insert I would have to be totally honest about it.

I almost had a proper self-insert, but the character was written by my brother who never finished the fanfiction before anything too horrible could happen. (Aside from being from America.)

For some reason, I never got around to writing any fanfics myself. confused

OOOOH! Another one I forgot was a character I'd created for a roleplay created by a guy who invented a special secret Hogwarts house for nonhumans. She was some kinda anthro chipmunk fairy or something. (This was back during my Sonic the Hedgehog fan days.) This roleplay didn't last long. The last thing I remember was the admin bringing in the sailor senshi. Seriously.

Quote:
Pour example, one of my OCs adventures would be being called to answer to the Improper Use of Magic Department for using "accio remote!" approximately 30 times in the span of one night during one of her summers off.

Ohohohoho, you lazy arse you. razz

IRL Gekko

8,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I've seen my fair share of bad OC's talk2hand The Harry Potter fandom definitely has the worst of them though.

I had a Mary Sue once when I was in 6th grade. Prepare yourself for this monstrosity (She's almost as bad a Enoby in my opinion): Her name was Rose, and she was Harry's twin (excuse me while I go puke) she was also a vampire (Excuse me while I go shoot myself), a metamorphmagus (excuse me while I go jump off a bridge), and an animagus (That's it, I'm Avada Kedavra'ing myself). Sure it was 6th grade, but I still cringe when I think about it. I feel ashamed. Luckily I never wrote any fanfics or drew pics or anything. That would really give me a laugh.

My OC's now, are waaaay better than they used to be. I'm still learning proper character development, and I always try to have a balance of personalities. I also give them flaws (sometimes too many flaws) Here are my current ones (don't steal any coding please). They're just the roleplay layouts, but at the end of each post I'll usually post the profile skeleton I had to submit when joining the RPs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff