Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: KO 200
*takes out wand*
*goes to hogwarts*
*kills lillith flowers*
            I think I became a little more blind than what I was before. [/wears glasses]
            What the hell goes on in the minds of these people? Honestly. rolleyes

Tipsy Goat

Specter Flux
A Special Illusion
Specter Flux
A Special Illusion
Specter Flux
A Special Illusion
★☆★ User Image User Image User Image ★☆★

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

════════════════

95% of all OC's are terrible. Especially Harry Potter ones. I have yet to see one Harry Potter OC that is even semi-acceptable. There's just no way to have an HP OC unless they're completely useless. The canon is too tight-knit.

════════════════

"Mischief managed."

Depends on what you consider canon, really. If you're talking strictly the books, there is all kinds of room. If you're talking every single thing Rowling ever decided on spur of the moment insanity, including the things she hasn't told us about yet, then we might have a problem.

════════════════

By canon, I mean anything confirmed as legit in the HP world. When OC's change canon is when my rage begins.

════════════════

"Mischief managed."

I know what the definition of canon is. But let me rephrase.

Depends on what you consider "confirmed as legit," really. If you're talking strictly the books, there is all kinds of room. If you're talking every single thing Rowling ever decided on spur of the moment insanity, then we might have a problem. [Even then, there's still plenty of room, just a lot less when it comes to students during Harry's school years.]

I don't care so much when OCs change canon history because of their actions [obviously, all fan characters exist in an alternate universe], as when they cause canon characters to change character, or canon history changes in some kind of giant conspiracy to create them. That drives me completely insane unless they're just joke characters.

════════════════

Did you miss when I said anything? :I Everything, basically. I don't mind OC's to an extent but I do mind when someone edits a canon character or the storyline to accommodate their OC. Especially if I actually have to see or hear about said OC. I don't really care if someone has a terrible OC but keeps it strictly to themselves. One less I have to see roaming around the internet.

════════════════

"Mischief managed."

You said "confirmed as legit." That could mean literally anything depending on who you talk to. lol

════════════════

Depending on how stupid they are, yeah. Usually when someone says anything, they mean anything. Dumbledore wasn't said to be gay strictly in the books, but that would still fall into the "anything canon" category, obviously.

════════════════

"Mischief managed."
Hitachin
*takes out wand*
*goes to hogwarts*
*kills lillith flowers*

User Image
AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Amateur Millionaire

A Special Illusion
Specter Flux
A Special Illusion
Specter Flux
A Special Illusion

════════════════

By canon, I mean anything confirmed as legit in the HP world. When OC's change canon is when my rage begins.

════════════════

"Mischief managed."

I know what the definition of canon is. But let me rephrase.

Depends on what you consider "confirmed as legit," really. If you're talking strictly the books, there is all kinds of room. If you're talking every single thing Rowling ever decided on spur of the moment insanity, then we might have a problem. [Even then, there's still plenty of room, just a lot less when it comes to students during Harry's school years.]

I don't care so much when OCs change canon history because of their actions [obviously, all fan characters exist in an alternate universe], as when they cause canon characters to change character, or canon history changes in some kind of giant conspiracy to create them. That drives me completely insane unless they're just joke characters.

════════════════

Did you miss when I said anything? :I Everything, basically. I don't mind OC's to an extent but I do mind when someone edits a canon character or the storyline to accommodate their OC. Especially if I actually have to see or hear about said OC. I don't really care if someone has a terrible OC but keeps it strictly to themselves. One less I have to see roaming around the internet.

════════════════

"Mischief managed."

You said "confirmed as legit." That could mean literally anything depending on who you talk to. lol

════════════════

Depending on how stupid they are, yeah. Usually when someone says anything, they mean anything. Dumbledore wasn't said to be gay strictly in the books, but that would still fall into the "anything canon" category, obviously.

════════════════

"Mischief managed."

...You realize, of course, that there are multiple different ways to interpret "confirmed as legit," right? And that when you tack on the word "anything" to "confirmed as legit," thereby producing the phrase "anything confirmed as legit," this as well can be interpreted multiple different ways?

Forgive me for attempting to understand you.

On the Dumbledore thing, opinions differ. [I actually thought he was gay from the books, but I know there are those who did not]. But yeah, I'd say that was canon. It's one thing, though, saying "oh, lol, the reason Dumbledore never got involved in a romantic relationship with a woman was because he was gay, that's obvious." And it's another thing entirely plotting details of everything that happens in the universe down to an often contradictory T, thereby stifling any possibility someone might actually be able to interpret that universe in an interesting way.

I accept Rowling's right to have shaped her own universe. Shaped in the past tense. I do not accept that if someday someone asks her about Theodore Nott and she answers "Oh, I know we didn't get into him in the books past his name, but actually he was half Native American and his boggart was a cattail and he became an Auror after the final battle and lived ninety-seven years and his great-grandfather started the Revolutionary War," that this should then necessarily be accepted as canon. Especially since she's liable to change it at any given second.

[Sorry, I have issues with authors, amazing or not, who hand out more Word of God than they do actual writing.]

Clean Genius

LocksleyLazuliLevenworth

As long as you don't tell Malfoy. heart

ShinHaeMoon
How about: [******** Tommy Riddle

I feel like using that site is not really fair, but I could spend hours reading the terrible-ness that ensues.

[[WTF WTF WTF?

LMFAO

I'm dying here.]]

Yay (: And I know right, I love some of the other ones there too...but that is by far one of my favorites. There is a great picture of some girl with purple hair and Ron as well I found rather quickly.
ShinHaeMoon
LocksleyLazuliLevenworth

As long as you don't tell Malfoy. heart

ShinHaeMoon
How about: [******** Tommy Riddle

I feel like using that site is not really fair, but I could spend hours reading the terrible-ness that ensues.

[[WTF WTF WTF?

LMFAO

I'm dying here.]]

Yay (: And I know right, I love some of the other ones there too...but that is by far one of my favorites. There is a great picture of some girl with purple hair and Ron as well I found rather quickly.

[[They have the Twilight cover featured! I will love that blog forever.]]
LocksleyLazuliLevenworth
Ashspoon
LocksleyLazuliLevenworth

What did I just read

[[Did you actually read it? rofl ]]

The most awesome biography ever. Of course, it's only a start.

It was wonderful.

5,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
.....Does Harry Potter even have vampires... cause I don't remember seeing any or reading about any..... stare
*crucios Lilith then avada kadavras her after she spends a few weeks in my basement, crucio being active the entire time...*
and as for the one that Snape is madly in love with I loooathe people who mess with canon characters like that, especially if they already have someone in the book or they try to ******** up the canon's original personality...

Devoted Hunter

_iArt3m1s_
.....Does Harry Potter even have vampires... cause I don't remember seeing any or reading about any..... stare
*crucios Lilith then avada kadavras her after she spends a few weeks in my basement, crucio being active the entire time...*
and as for the one that Snape is madly in love with I loooathe people who mess with canon characters like that, especially if they already have someone in the book or they try to ******** up the canon's original personality...

Then don't read my profile cause You'd hate my OC.

Devoted Hunter

My OC is the worst. wink .
For people who dislike noncanon, slash, and silly stuff.

Clean Genius

_iArt3m1s_

Remember the Slug Club Christmas party? Mos def a vampire there. They aren't like shown all over the book series, but they do exist yes. Many of the Professors of DADA have mentioned them as well (oh, and Hagrid).

5,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
ShinHaeMoon
_iArt3m1s_

Remember the Slug Club Christmas party? Mos def a vampire there. They aren't like shown all over the book series, but they do exist yes. Many of the Professors of DADA have mentioned them as well (oh, and Hagrid).

Aah ok thank you~
I just didn't remember sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas