Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
question Seriously, just because Harry beat him...
It doesn't mean he can skip school...
Harry couldn't just graduate. Could he?
ninja

Amateur Millionaire

He was of age. There was no reason for him to continue school if he didn't want to.

4,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
There's seriously something wrong with this picture...

4,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I guess that's true. thx for your input smile . But there is also the matter that during the 7th book Ron and Hermione were already 18.

Amateur Millionaire

BetterthanAnime
I guess that's true. thx for your input smile . But there is also the matter that during the 7th book Ron and Hermione were already 18.

Relevant how?

4,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Well, you are saying that he is already of age, but if they didn't skip school then they would be 18 while getting an education.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Hermione was the only one of the trio who went back to repeat 7th year so she could get her N.E.W.T.s and properly graduate.

Quote:
J. K. Rowling said in an interview that there is some form of graduation ceremony for Seventh Years that includes riding the Hogwarts boats back across the lake as they leave, but that she chose not to include it in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, as "to have a graduation scene on top of what just happened would've been an absurd bit of anti-climax."

J. K. Rowling also stated in the same interview that although Harry, Ron, and Hermione skipped their seventh year to hunt for Voldemort's Horcruxes, Hermione went back to Hogwarts to get her N.E.W.T.s and properly graduate. Harry and Ron, however, did not return, and instead worked with Kingsley Shacklebolt to round up stray Death Eaters.

source

4,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Light Soprano
Hermione was the only one of the trio who went back to repeat 7th year so she could get her N.E.W.T.s and properly graduate.

Quote:
J. K. Rowling said in an interview that there is some form of graduation ceremony for Seventh Years that includes riding the Hogwarts boats back across the lake as they leave, but that she chose not to include it in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, as "to have a graduation scene on top of what just happened would've been an absurd bit of anti-climax."

J. K. Rowling also stated in the same interview that although Harry, Ron, and Hermione skipped their seventh year to hunt for Voldemort's Horcruxes, Hermione went back to Hogwarts to get her N.E.W.T.s and properly graduate. Harry and Ron, however, did not return, and instead worked with Kingsley Shacklebolt to round up stray Death Eaters.

source

so in other words they became unofficial Aurors.

Tipsy Tycoon

10,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
BetterthanAnime
Light Soprano

Quote:

source

After saving the world multiple times. I think they were entitled, don't you, HP Subforum?

4,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
LittleStevieHorseAndPhone
BetterthanAnime
Light Soprano

Quote:

source

After saving the world multiple times. I think they were entitled, don't you, HP Subforum?
Agreed.

Romantic Wench

11,125 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
In the Wizarding world, you didn't have to finish the seven years of schooling. You can do six or even five and survive in their world quite nicely. It is kind of like regular school, you can drop out, it isn't the best idea but you can. And I think the three were already qualified enough so they really didn't have to go back.

And I bet it was going to be tough going back to a school that was destroyed, and had many students die in the halls. I probably would have not come back if I was old enough to be able to choose.

Desirable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Did it matter? No one cared after he defeated the dark lord, and besides, he was of age.

6,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
Specter Flux
He was of age. There was no reason for him to continue school if he didn't want to.

Exactly. It's just like dropping out of high school. Although now adays, that's a terrible idea.

Sit Back Now
Let Me Tell You A Tale
Where Justice Does Not Prevail
Canonically,

Minister Shacklebolt made it law that a person could become an Auror regardless of graduate or NEWT status if they participated in the Battle of Hogwarts (or was it the entire war?) on the side of the Order.

smile
About An Ill-Fated Life
So Very Full Of Strife
Where Two Wrongs Do Not Make A Right

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items