Is he alive or is he dead?

alive 0.69117647058824 69.1% [ 47 ]
dead 0.30882352941176 30.9% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 68 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Chloride's Husband

Beloved Elder

August Star Of Heaven
There was no mention that he's dead...they would have autopsied him in their own morgue if he did.

Why would they need an autopsy? It would have been obvious how he died?

I bet he's alive. He survived being gutted by Gideon. Dude's invincible.

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
sodium
August Star Of Heaven
There was no mention that he's dead...they would have autopsied him in their own morgue if he did.

It will be for medico-legal reasons since he died in their premises. Protocol for all law enforcement agencies just to show their are not covering up anything.

I darn hope he is alive...maybe his full report will be the one sending Jack to attack Hanni.

Feral Shapeshifter

20,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Candy Fiend 150
I was on the dead bandwagon, but then I saw the trajectory pictures and thought about a similar experience that happened to my grandfather. he too was shot in the face, but the bullet ricocheted off of his spine and came out the side of his neck. he died MANY years later from cancer. so Chilton certainly could be alive (though I am one episode short right now. but I'm just about to watch last week's episode now).

Chloride's Husband

Beloved Elder

August Star Of Heaven
sodium
August Star Of Heaven

It will be for medico-legal reasons since he died in their premises. Protocol for all law enforcement agencies just to show their are not covering up anything.

I darn hope he is alive...maybe his full report will be the one sending Jack to attack Hanni.

Oh. Good point. That makes sense. sweatdrop

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
I'd thought Chilton was dead for sure.

But then this week, they never explicitly said he was dead. I believe they referred to "Chilton's victims" but not what had become of him.

Maybe he made it! :crosses fingers:

Blessed Conversationalist

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
the mage-girl
I'd thought Chilton was dead for sure.

But then this week, they never explicitly said he was dead. I believe they referred to "Chilton's victims" but not what had become of him.

Maybe he made it! :crosses fingers:

I'm super excited. I can't wait. he has to be alive. I wish, i hope, I need him to be alive!

Blessed Conversationalist

17,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Lavinia Nox
I was on the dead bandwagon, but then I saw the trajectory pictures and thought about a similar experience that happened to my grandfather. he too was shot in the face, but the bullet ricocheted off of his spine and came out the side of his neck. he died MANY years later from cancer. so Chilton certainly could be alive (though I am one episode short right now. but I'm just about to watch last week's episode now).

Exactly, it's a survivable shot, and I really think that Bryan Fuller would have come out and said that he was dead, just like he did with beverly. Please let him be alive.

Feral Shapeshifter

20,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Candy Fiend 150
angel_of_joy
Lavinia Nox

Exactly, it's a survivable shot, and I really think that Bryan Fuller would have come out and said that he was dead, just like he did with beverly. Please let him be alive.

you are correct. I like this Chilton more than the guy who played him in Silence of the Lambs. he seems more sinister.

the thing that really makes me mad about his whole situation is how they first totally believed it was Will, now they definitely believe it's Chilton. I mean HELLO!!! Will was setup, so why couldn't Chilton have been set up too? why is he believed to be the Ripper??? now everyone says they believe Will, so why aren't they listening to him?

Obsessive Bibliophile

26,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
I'm going with alive, because it's what I want.
Hated him in the books.
Hated him in Silence of the Lambs. (Crowd in the theater cheered/laughed at seeing Hannibal follow after him at the end if the movie, myself included.)
He's such a better character in the show, and he has the sense to be afraid of Hannibal well before he gets the worst house call ever. I really feel bad for the guy at this point.

Man-Hungry Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
Bryan Fuller confirmed he is alive thank goodness. 4laugh

Feral Shapeshifter

20,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Candy Fiend 150
The Thing from the Clouds

yay! thank the gods for that. I really would have been sad to see him go. but then...I don't remember the order of this with the movies/books. Red Dragon is where we first meet Lecter and Will. Lecter is caught at the end and then we see him and Starling in Silence of the Lambs and so on. so...is the show based more on Red Dragon? it would have to be. and Chilton would HAVE to remain alive.

or maybe I'm thinking too much into this. cat_sweatdrop

Man-Hungry Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
Lavinia Nox

yay! thank the gods for that. I really would have been sad to see him go. but then...I don't remember the order of this with the movies/books. Red Dragon is where we first meet Lecter and Will. Lecter is caught at the end and then we see him and Starling in Silence of the Lambs and so on. so...is the show based more on Red Dragon? it would have to be. and Chilton would HAVE to remain alive.

Oh! I know exactly how the timeline works.
So first is Hannibal Rising,
then after that is the TV show
then Red Dragon
Silence of the Lambs
and finally Hannibal.

So the show is based currently mostly on Red Dragon, but come season 5 it will start being more like Silence of the Lambs, at least that's what the writers have been saying. biggrin

But yeah, I'm so happy he's okay. I love Chilton so much.

Feral Shapeshifter

20,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Candy Fiend 150
Lavinia Nox

then Red Dragon
Silence of the Lambs
and finally Hannibal.

So the show is based currently mostly on Red Dragon, but come season 5 it will start being more like Silence of the Lambs, at least that's what the writers have been saying. biggrin

I forgot about Hannibal Rising. didn't much care for it. fell asleep during it as it lost my interest. cat_confused

I figured as much. and now that you said all that, I remember reading somewhere that they were going to be venturing into SotL territory. I just hope they don't do anything with Francis Dolarhyde (The Tooth Fairy) and Jame Gumb (Buffalo Bill). their original actors were perfect. maybe mention them, but don't have them as a focus. I think that would kill those characters for me. Chilton was a wise choice, and really, the whole cast has been great so far. I just don't want to remember those two as anyone else.

and Freddy Lounds was a dude originally?!?!?!?! I didn't remember who Philip Seymour Hoffman played, I just remembered he was in RD. that's why I was so confused as to who she was in the show.

Chilton is awesome in the show. I don't remember the movie Crawfords (even though one was Harvey Keitel, whom I love), and I sometimes forget the original Chilton. but Raúl Esparza will never be forgotten as Chilton. he is amazing.

Man-Hungry Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
Lavinia Nox
Lavinia Nox

then Red Dragon
Silence of the Lambs
and finally Hannibal.

I forgot about Hannibal Rising. didn't much care for it. fell asleep during it as it lost my interest. cat_confused

I figured as much. and now that you said all that, I remember reading somewhere that they were going to be venturing into SotL territory. I just hope they don't do anything with Francis Dolarhyde (The Tooth Fairy) and Jame Gumb (Buffalo Bill). their original actors were perfect. maybe mention them, but don't have them as a focus. I think that would kill those characters for me. Chilton was a wise choice, and really, the whole cast has been great so far. I just don't want to remember those two as anyone else.

and Freddy Lounds was a dude originally?!?!?!?! I didn't remember who Philip Seymour Hoffman played, I just remembered he was in RD. that's why I was so confused as to who she was in the show.

Chilton is awesome in the show. I don't remember the movie Crawfords (even though one was Harvey Keitel, whom I love), and I sometimes forget the original Chilton. but Raúl Esparza will never be forgotten as Chilton. he is amazing.
Sorry to burst your bubble but they are certainly going to include Francis in the upcoming seasons. sweatdrop Not so sure on Buffalo Bill tho, I've heard they may not be able to get the rights to his character. I honestly want this series to include every character and more. I'd love it if this series was the definitive, complete Hannibal Lecter story, you know? Faithful to the books as best it can and just overall the best way to watch the story, that's what I hope for. 4laugh But I can understand your reasoning. I just see things a little different, and I'm all for letting new actors take a crack at old characters. After all there were two Red Dragon movies. :0

And yeah it's so funny that Freddie was originally a man. xD I very much like that they made her female though in the show lol.

Feral Shapeshifter

20,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Candy Fiend 150
Sorry to burst your bubble but they are certainly going to include Francis in the upcoming seasons. sweatdrop Not so sure on Buffalo Bill tho, I've heard they may not be able to get the rights to his character. I honestly want this series to include every character and more. I'd love it if this series was the definitive, complete Hannibal Lecter story, you know? Faithful to the books as best it can and just overall the best way to watch the story, that's what I hope for. 4laugh But I can understand your reasoning. I just see things a little different, and I'm all for letting new actors take a crack at old characters. After all there were two Red Dragon movies. :0

And yeah it's so funny that Freddie was originally a man. xD I very much like that they made her female though in the show lol.

oh no! cat_crying Ralph Fiennes was perfect as Francis. there can be no other. cat_crying *sigh* yeah, I'd heard that too about SotL. I read a lot of what you're saying, but it seems I forgot it just as soon as I read it. I'm ok with the rest of the characters being "recast", especially Starling (if that happens) because I did not like Julianne Moore as her. Jodie Foster was the best. and there were TWO movies?! oh yeah; Manhunter. *snoozes*

male Freddie was a sleaze. female Freddie is a bit of a freak...and I love her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff