Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you thanked your daily anons?

Yes! I love when I get stuff from them! And their stories are so great! 0.8 80.0% [ 8 ]
Yeah, only cuz they're taking the time to give me things. 0.1 10.0% [ 1 ]
Of Course! Why else would I be here? 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Not yet, but I wanted the gold so... *receives threatening look* Okay okay! I'll thank them! 0.1 10.0% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 10 ]
This poll closed on November 22, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

Shameless Glitch

So I hear you people aren't thanking the anons for your gifts!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
That's wrong!~

So you want to know what I'm going to do about it?

I'm going to give you a reason to thank these generous people who are giving you things that can be worth thousands of gold without batting an eyelash!

That's right folks!

Here's what's going on:

THE PAST: A few years ago, someone came up with a thread in which people could talk and hang out and those who were in the mood to be generous would give things to other people. The point of these gifts was to have fun and share stories. Some people did of course give rather valuable gifts and others not so much. It grew to the point that for every event that Gaia held, which means at least four per year, this thread would pop up, drawing regulars who created accounts specifically for the purpose of giving to other Gaians. These people were called Anons.

Shameless Glitch

The Not-too-distant Past:

It had been brought to the attention of several anons. In the recent events, there appeared to be less and less appreciation for the gifts. And some of them were bloody expensive. Still people were expecting to receive these gifts. Regulars like my friend Cree, had put extensive effort into their anon persona, going as far as to create a plot for their characters. These anon 'mules', as they were often referred to, had taken on lives of their own. It was hurtful that all this hard work was being refused. Some had considered the idea of quitting while others stalwart and true to their task pushed on, the disease growing so that soon next to no one was posting their thanks. Even more anons chose the path of removal, leading to some very concerned and confused Gaians who had always thanked their anons properly, going so far as to gift them in return. My colleagues and myself needed to find a solution and fast.

Shameless Glitch

The Present:
My friends, my strangers, it is a sad state of affairs we find ourselves in. Anons are quitting because people are not thanking them for the gifts they are receiving, even though these gifts are meant to be shared. I, Saduko Leyra, have come up with a solution and partnered with an anon, Doctor Wily. She and I agree that many Gaians tend not to do things without incentive. Here is our deal. Starting with the first anon you received, please post each message that came with them. The order is unimportant, and if you have deleted such messages, please use what you have, thanking the anons whose messages you haven't kept if you can. We have agreed to give an item to everyone who posts five separate anon messages with a response from the receiver. Essentially:
[quote="{Insert Anon Name Here}"]{Insert Message Here}[/quote]
{Thank you so and so, here is what I thought}

It doesn't have to be extensive, you don't need to know what you received, but if you remember, include that. This will be a nice way to let the anons know we care. Here is an example:
Quote:

Doctor Wily Anon

My gifts aren't grand, not like lions
Blah-de-blah
Flaw-de-flah
and other rhyming stuff
~Doctor Wily

Thank you Doctor Wily for my poem and these green flip-flops! I love poetry and appreciate your gift!

The good doctor hasn't actually given me anything yet stare so obviously this poem is a fake, but you get the point, yes?

BONUS:Everyone who gives a super nice response will get a better item!

Shameless Glitch

Totals (Updated daily)

Total Anons Thanked: 67
Day 1: 67, including:
The Grim Tailor
The Gifting Fairy
The Coffee Anon
The Little Black Cat
Moon of Dreams Anon
The Phantom Detective
Arron the Lythcol Mechanic
The Soul Collector
Slender Woods
Daenes & Leviathan
The Vampire Anon
A Wolf
Book Anon
Haiku Anon
Mistletoe
Giftception
Untamed Wolf
Jennie the Killer
Ghost of the Rift
Murderous Children
Halloweeny

*Note: I counted repeat anons in the total but I will not list names more than once per day and I will not list all of them..

Total Items dispatched to the thankful: 4

ZombieOrgii
Krowenstein
grandlord100
Storybook mule

Shameless Glitch

One last thing before we get started. After all, what would Gaia be without you being told about the R-U-L-E-S?

1. Follow ToS (Duh.)
2. Please do not post in this thread unless you are participating in thanking an anon. I do not wish to make a Blacklisting post.
3. Bumping is not allowed.
4. Please continue to post your thank yous in the original thread if that is what you originally did. It's just nice if you post in both.
5. Be kind with your posts, be creative
6. If you have any questions, any at all, pm me!

Original Thread <3

Thieving Sex Symbol

10,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I have so many, And I have always thanked the Anons for their gifting just as I have waited for Thank you's from whom Ive gifted and haven't been thanked. It may take me a while to re-post all the anon messages I have recieved; But I will smile

Thieving Sex Symbol

10,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Quote:

Happy Halloween! <3

Thank you for the wonderful gift~ You're so kind <3

Quote:
Message: Awake at this hour.... yes. My hands are stuttering worse than my words, and yet, I cannot sleep. Not yet, there are many things to muse over yet.
Heh..heheh... Plans to be made. Do you want to join me for coffee?
Don't be alarmed. It'll.... just be us two...yes. The two, you and I. In my study here by candlelight.
Come, follow me. No don't leave! You can't .... leave I said. You must stay!
-The Coffee Anon

I would love to join you for Coffee sometime. <3 Thank you Again Coffee Anon~

Quote:
You don't know I'm around
I know where you've been
I know where you are bound
I know where you live
I know where you sleep
You don't even know me
But my love for you runs deep
I see you in my dreams
I want me in yours too
I want you to know and love me
But there is no way to tell you
This is how it's going to be
It will, and has never changed
I'll continue to be your stalker
Don't think that I'm deranged
I love you but you'll never know
Because I'm your silent stalker
I'll continue watching you
Well, until I start to find another

Quite creepy, yet such a great story, Thank you for the wonderful gift Anon~ <3

Shameless Glitch

Quote:
Message: &��~Y&��u bel&��ng t&�� me n&��w, y&��u'll be getting s&��mething else t&��&��, I wish y&��u t&�� use them~&��

I have a suspicion as to whom this is from, thank you so much for the gift, I love it.

Thieving Sex Symbol

10,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Quote:
Message: * a little pumpkin rolls on by and barfs a gift onto your lap with a note attached then rolls away*

It's just a jump to the left....

Lol I know exactly who this is <3 & i love he to death because she's the sweetest~ Thank You Again M.L <3

Quote:
Message: When he wasn't fighting opposing forces, he was playing pranks. One time he decided to paint the Doc's submarine yellow and hide a tape of the Beatles song inside the vehicle. It would play whenever the submarine was activated.

I still love this message because their a Beatles fan! All we need is Love <3 Thank You Again Beatles Fan Anon <3

Quote:
Enchants the garden of delight
Her voice within these winds
The flower so serene
Her cold and silent wail
Descend like midsummer rain
Bury my heart in thine
A taste of heavens wine

Beneath a full moon bright
She comes with gowns flowing wide
With blood-like lips of faun
Enchanting eyes of dawn
Towards the moon she gaze
A lonely tear runs down her face
For all she lost in life
Buried so deep inside

Leaves...
Dance in her precious Eden
Where she lies deep
Her loss in life engraved
In dusk and angel tears

Enlight in night within me
Lead me there
To where my heart lies buried
Beneath the seven seas

~Silvermoon

Thank you for the Beautiful yet sad story; It was amazing Silvermoon Anon~ <3

Shameless Glitch

Quote:

Thank you, yes this should do quite nicely to hide in.

Thieving Sex Symbol

10,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Quote:
Message: ''Ah, Halloween~'' You hear a blissful sigh behind you, and you look around to see a blue beast, his arms full of pillowcases overflowing with candy. ''The one night of the year where instead of people running away from me, they reward me with candy!'' He then finally notices you and gives you a smile. ''Oh, hey there! It seems I've gone a little overboard with the trick-or-treating... Would you mind taking some of this off my hands?'' He then hands you some candy before walking off with his haul of sweets, and you notice a little tag clipped onto the candy that reads:

What a night to be a monster!
~Mister Monster Guy

Such a great story! its so cute <3 Thak you again for the gift Mister Monster Guy Anon <3

Quote:
To make it go away;
I'd wave my scepter over you
Until you were okay.

I'd think good thoughts; I'd send you love;
I'd transmit healing vibes;
My wand and I would surely beat
Whatever the doc prescribes.

But there is no magic scepter, so
I cannot cast a spell;
Just know you're often in my thoughts,
And I hope you'll soon be well!

Magic Wand By Joanna Fuchs

I love poetry, it really is the best way to express one's self. And I love this one especially because its so sincere smile Thank You for the beautiful poem and the gift Joanna <3

Quote:
Message: This kinda goes with your purple theme! Trick or treat? Haha. Happy Halloween :3

Oooh! I remember this one!! Thank you again for the Replication!! <3

Thieving Sex Symbol

10,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Quote:
Orange is pumpkins, grinning in the night
Yellow's the moon, round and full
Green is the flesh clinging onto a skull
Blue is the face of a corpse not fresh
Indigo's the night when you'll take your last breath
Violet's the poison the witches brew

Halloween has a rainbow too!

~Rainbow

I absolutely enjoyed reading this! So bright and creative, Thank you for the gift Rainbow Anon <3

Quote:
Cause I'm doing my part.
Please remember to be safe and sound
And don't forget to turn around
Because what comes next may be your depart.

Just kidding now go scare some brats this Halloween.
-artanon

Message: Don't die on us or the event will be canceled due to murder. Instead, you should crime it up yourself!

-artanon being too lazy to doodle you again

The Art was beautiful! Just in case you do see this, I have posted it On My profile for all to see with the Credit to you~ Thank you for both Gifts <3

Quote:

Message: &��Slender Man, Slender Man, sometimes hums a lowly drone.
User Image
Slender Man, Slender Man, he will wander 'round your home &��

Thank You Slenderman for the great amusement you've given everyone <3 Lots of love <3 Thank you for the gift~

Thieving Sex Symbol

10,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Quote:

You're falling fast

Chat with death

You're not the last

~the Poetic Anon

I simply love poems, as I write a few myself, and Anything witty is Grand to me <3 Thank you for the Poem & the Gift Anon <3

Quote:
They know how to swim.

I found this sad but cute though idk if i was supposed to find it cute? Either way I liked it a lot, And I Thank you for your Gift <3

Quote:

The air was cool and a thousand stars graced the black sky. The sly harvest moon loomed overhead, so bright that shadows were cast because of it. Laughter and the sounds of conversations drifted through the Halloween night. On the sidewalks, children in a different assortment of costumes rushed by you with bags or plastic pales of candy. Halloween night was in full bloom. You grinned as you watched a group of little kids run up to a house, ring the doorbell, and shout 'Trick or Treat!' in anticipation. They gave a small shriek when a man in a zombie costume answered the door with a bright orange bowl of candy in hand.

Turning the corner of the street, you continued your walk to your friend's house. They were hosting a festive, and surely grand, Halloween party. It was because of the lovely night that you had decided to just walk to your friend's nearby house. You felt yourself grin once more as your mind drifted in thought of the upcoming party.

"Happy Halloween." A voice called out to you, breaking you from your thoughts.

You blinked in surprise, looking around as you searched for who had spoken. The street was surprisingly empty of Trick or Treaters, and you grew puzzled as to who had spoken. Looking besides you, you looked at a quaint house that glowed with light from countless candles placed on the inside of the window seals. Jack o' lanterns grinned at you from the lawn, each made with a unique, yet slightly scary face that glowed orange from the candles within. Hanging from the branches of the yellow leafed tree were bats cut from purple paper. The entire visage was warm and welcoming.

A small laugh turned your gaze away from the decorations. In front of the house, sitting on the steps leading up to the door, was a girl. Her clothes were from ages long since passed and a silver mask covered the top half of her face, glinting in the warm glow emitting from the house

The girl held up an orange plastic bowl with black cats on it and spoke once more. "Care for a treat? I still have quite a few left." She laughed once more.

You shrugged, who could say no to free candy? Walking up the stone path, the girl stood up as you approached. She held out the large plastic bowl with a smile. Reaching towards it, you found, to your surprise, small presents instead of candy. Puzzled, you took one at random and gazed down at a crisp white card on top of the silk bow. Squinting, you could barely make out the words, "Have a lovely All Hallows' Eve" written out in elegant calligraphy. A cold breeze brushed against you, making you shiver. You looked up, a word of thanks halfway out of your mouth, and paused.

Where was she?

The girl had vanished. You spun searching for her, but only darkness greeted you. The candles, the jack o' lanterns, and even the countless paper bats were gone. The house was filled with shadows, the paint curling, and the wood door slightly warped from neglect. Weeds sprung up from the cracked stone path and the withering tree reached outwards towards the sky with crooked branches that were bare of any leaves. The entire area was void of life, and had been, for a very long time. You shivered and hurried down the path away from the house. It would have been easy to dismiss the entire thing by saying you had imagined it all; you could not, however, dismiss the very real present still clutched in your hand...

Happy Halloween!

--- Phantom Anon

God you Anons are so creative with your messages! I love them All! I wish I could be so creative when it came to writing~ Thank You for the wonderful story and the Gift Phantom Anon<3

Thieving Sex Symbol

10,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Quote:
Message: Do not fret, nor be sad, when things seem to have gone wrong. For light shall return, and it shall appear brighter than before.

~Obsowyck Mama

Such lovely Advice <3 Thank you for the Gift Obsowyck Mama<3

Quote:

Lol I feel like that all the time Anon, Thank You for the Gift <3

Quote:
She wanted to be left alone but was forced to stand and bat her eyes
The crowd cheers her every discomfort
Tears want to fall but dare not in front of them
They say they love her but then they watch her fall with joy in their eyes

~ The Gifting Fairy

Thank you for the beautiful short story Fairy Anon! And the Beautiful gift <3

Quote:

Since this is the time for goblins and bats, halloween spirits, ghosts and cats. Weird-happenings and witches brew, this is a special gift for you!

So cute!! Thank You for the amazing Gift Anon <3

Makoto_Gin's Partner

Indulgent Enthusiast

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ANON: Jennie the Killer
User Image
User Image
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ANON: The Soul Collector
User Image
ANON: Anonymous
User Image
ANON: The GrimTailor Anon
User Image
User Image
ANON: Anon I think my message got cut off so I forgot who are you >_<
User Image
ANON: Book Anon
User Image
ANON: The Gifting Fairy
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
ANON: That Pumpkin I saw : X I don't think you have a name but I'll call you Pumpkin
User Image
ANON: Spooky Treat Anon
User Image

((Thank you very much for all these really wonderful stories, poems, and gifts~ Thank you so much ^_^~))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff