Welcome to Gaia! ::

Candle

jack 1 100.0% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 13 ]
1 2 3 >

Smitten Lunatic

This is where all the anons who find the time (and spare gold) to send me something nice and thoughtful will be thanked from the bottom of my heart.

You know, like most of the other "anon thank you" threads out there. But mine's better.

Because the thanks are coming from me.

Honestly, I could make this first post all pretty and shnikes, but i don't think what I say here matters. So ...

Smitten Lunatic

Quote:

Message: Some would say you're too old for trick-or-treating, but who can resist the allure of free candy? Besides, all the shopkeepers have plenty of it, and they seem happy to give some away to whomever walks through their doors. You've spent the better part of your day walking through Barton and helping yourself to sugary sweets. However, it is getting late, and you figure you should head back before much longer.

On your way back home, you decide to take a shortcut through a part of town you've never seen before. Most houses have already put their Halloween decorations up, but one home in particular catches your eye. Whoever lives here has gone all out in getting ready for the holiday. The lawn is littered with fake tombstones, and the roof has a giant inflatable spider on it. Plastic ghosts and pumpkins cling to the windows. On the porch, sitting among a set of three jack-o-lanterns is a young girl who looks no older than twelve. In her lap is a humungous bowl of all kinds of candy. You're about to walk past, but then she looks up and calls out to you.

"Hi hi! Want some candy? My big brother says I can't eat it all myself." The girl pouts as she says this, but motions for you to come closer. You do so, and she takes your bag right out of your hands and pours a large portion of the bowl's contents into it. She returns your bag, now significantly heavier, and sends you on your way.

-- The House with the Bottomless Candy Bowl

The tiny girl seemed to be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of candy that had been dumped into her - already fairly full - bag. "T-thank you!" she said, smiling as her body sways a bit from the added weight to her bag. Turning from the door she hurries off, humming in delight as she was certain she could already feel the cavities forming as the mere thought of all the candy she'd ingest once she made it home.

Smitten Lunatic

Quote:

It is chipped, it is old, and getting stale.

False humor, it leaves false laughs in its wake,
Try to sense this falseness for your own sake.

But to break this cycle, we do not dare,
We are born and raised, all caught in this snare.

This mask is quickly becoming the face,
Of the trodden and broken human race.

-Bittersweet Anon

She looked at the poem, "oo"ing and "ah"ing over it. "You always have such a lovely way with words." she said, finally. "I'm always so jealous with the poems you can come up with. Thank you so much for sharing one with me!"

Smitten Lunatic

Quote:

You always show me something new.
You're so unique with a tongue so long.
With flowing brown hair as soft as a love song.
The Halloween spirit is strong, I can tell.
But I feel it's just as well.
For my spirit is yearning for you.
I wish you the best in all that you do.

~Silly Sender

She blushed, smiling softly at the note and let out a quiet giggle, "Oh, my. This is so sweet. Thank you so much~"

Smitten Lunatic

Quote:

tons of creeps and fear
Who knows what&��s lurking here
On Gaia&��s Halloween

~The candy corn anon

"Oh, my. When you put it that way, Halloween can be a scary time, huh?" she smiled, though began to ponder the words from the note.

Smitten Lunatic

Quote:

You are walking along when you find a bit of parchment on the ground...

User Image

(Part four of five, find them all.)
-Daenes & Leviathan

"Oh, my! Part four? This is practically a spoiler!" she pouts a bit, twirling a strand of hair around her finger, "No no, this won't do. I must find the other pieces!"

Smitten Lunatic

Quote:

Message: You decide to take a break and sit down to rest. You set your bag of candy on your lap and begin to pop a few of the smaller candies in your mouth. As you munch on them, you hear something rustling behind you from the bushes. You turn around cautiously and try to see what&��s making the noise but don&��t see anything, when the rustling stops. You continue to stare at the bush for a while, thinking someone or something might come out and scare you, but after a few second, you relax and turn back around. You begin to reach into your bag when you just happen to look down and see a small white rabbit looking up at you by your feet. You let out a small yelp, your bag falling to the ground and some of the candy spilling out. The small rabbit sniffs at the candy and quickly grabs one of the lollipops sticking out of the bag and runs off with it behind you. You quickly get up and yell at it, running around to try and grab it but it&��s too fast for you to catch and you lose it in the bushes. You let out a sigh and move to pick up the candy that had spilled out of your bag, lest any other creature decided to take something. As you&��re picking the candy up and putting it in your bag, someone stops by you and picks up some of your candy. You start to say something when he hands it to you, You looked like you needed some help. I couldn&��t just walk by a young lady who looked as if she needed some assistance. He smiled and continued picking up the candy with a smile. As you watch him pick up the pieces of candy, you find yourself staring at his odd features: Big white ears coming out from the top of his hat, a fluffy tail behind him, and if you recall, his face was covered in white fur. A rabbit costume perhaps? As he finished up, the candy in his hands, he pours it into your bag, and you thank him and compliment his costume. Well thank you. Although a cloak and fake fangs isn&��t much, it was all I had to work with. He smiled and gently took your hand and helped you up, kissing it lightly once you were back on your feet. Your costume is far better than mine. By the way, if you don&��t mind me asking, what happened to cause you to drop your candy? You tell him about the small rabbit and how it took one of your candies. I&��m terribly sorry that had happened to you. He frowned, Take one of mine, I insist. He reaches into his own small bag and hands you a lollipop, kissing your cheek as he places it in your hands. I&��ve got be get going now. Keep a good grip on that bag of yours. Happy Halloween. He smiled and tipped his hat before turning and walking away. You look down at the candy and notice it&��s the same kind as the one that had been stolen from you. As you watch the man walk away, you feel something brush past you; you look down in time to see the small white rabbit run past you, the lollipop still in its mouth, following him.
- The Gentleman Rabbit

She blushes a bit, her hand moving to lay a hand against the kissed cheek and smiled a bit. "I didn't expect to find you out and about tonight," she murmured, pushing away her blush. She glanced down to the lolipop, twirling it between her fingers a bit before crouching to pick up the bag of candy. "I do hope you take care."

Smitten Lunatic

gentle bump to make sure my sweetheart anons read the thanks.

Smitten Lunatic

Quote:

You nervously approach a mansion located deep in the forest, the moon your only source of light. You clutch a letter to your chest, a faded scrap of paper with only an address you had received in the mail just this morning. You hurry toward the large, ancient doors which unexpectedly swing open for you. "Hello?", you call nervously and you are quickly answered.

"Welcome."
"A guest! A guest!"

"Please have some tea~!"

You are immediately greeted by a butler and two maids, one of the maids offering you some tea. "You're just in time,", the butler says with a smile, "the party is just about to start." You are quickly ushered through the halls and into a large ball room full of your fellow Gaians milling about. You look around, noting that there only seemed to be the one exit which the three servants were standing in font of now. Someone suddenly raps something metal against wood, causing you to look up and see a balcony above you. A woman is standing there dressed in a black vest with a blood red shirt underneath, a black top hat decorated with a blood red ribbon and a silver skull casting her eyes into shadow, and a red and black cane topped with a silver skull, what you assume was used to get your attention, is held in her hand. "Welcome, my dear guests!", she calls out in a faint Russian accent, "It is good to see you could all make it! Now pour some wine, dance a little, and party like there's no tomorrow!"

The music starts playing and the other guests begin to do as the hostess suggested, but you were uneasy... While the woman spoke you had noticed strange, swirling tattoos on her arms and they... Seemed to twist and move when seen from the corner of your eye and you could have sworn you had seen a hellish glow coming from the shadows cast by her hat where her left eye should have been. You begin to circle the room, trying to find another exit but not able to find any. You stop in front of a large grandfather clock and look around in vain. There had to be another way ou- Was that a draft? You frown and turn towards the clock, noticing upon closer inspection that there seemed to be the faint hints of hinges on the wall behind it. You look around and see no one paying attention to you so you give the clock a careful pull, managing to pull it forward enough to slip through the gap created. And you freeze in horror. Before you is a large pit glowing with what you instinctively knew to be hell fire.

"Oh dear, you saw..."
"Danger! Danger!"

"Don't be afraid okay~?"

You whirl around to see the three servants now revealed to be twisted demons grinning at you from the open door. You scream as they lunge at you, managing to duck between them at the last minute and run back out only for another scream to get caught in your throat. The other guests were now sprawled across the dance floor, the hostess standing in the middle with a thick stack of papers in her hand. She turns towards you with a small, friendly smile, "It seems you saw something you shouldn't have.", she uses the can to tip her hat back, revealing a single coal-like eye, her right covered by an eye-patch, "If you would sign one of these papers, you can forget you ever saw this. We have no desire for your life, just your soul." You stare at her in horror, the sound of the three demons behind you barely stirring you enough to try and run.

"The hard way then.", the elves voice came out in an enraged, bestial growl, "You cannot escape your fate." You hear her run towards you and you chance a glance behind, your blood seeming to freeze in your veins in terror as you do so. She was already swiftly gaining on you and her cane had morphed itself into a wicked scythe. Terror spurring you on, you run for the door... You're almost there, but she's gaining on you... Within reach, and you hear the whistle of the scythe swinging through the air followed by intense pain as your soul is ripped out of your body.

"No one can be allowed to escape this night..."

-Daenes

Oh, how dreadful. I appear to be dead. Or at least incapacitated. :c Thank you for the lovely letter.

Smitten Lunatic

Bump to make sure my anons read my thanks.

Smitten Lunatic

Quote:

Hopefully there will be more,
If the marketplace will allow.
But selling is turning into a chore.

Usually my poems have a little more finesse,
You should know who I am, it's an easy guess.

But because you're my friend, the usual will not do.
No cutting, or gouging, or boiling the poor you.

This year I've been quite nice to the crowd,
Instead of the disturbing gore my poetry typically enshrouds.

Truthfully I miss it and hopefully I'll throw in more,
But this Halloween I am focused on the one I adore.

If you thank me and post this for everyone to see.
Please delete the name as I did not gift Anonymously.

And do me a favor and keep secret my name,
I do not wish for others to know, it would ruin the fun in this game.

Love Always,
The Soulless Admirer

Oh, I shall certainly keep the secret safe. emotion_kirakira heart Thank you very much.

Smitten Lunatic

Quote:

You are at your window, staring at the building across from you. Usually at this time a night, they are all empty, dark without a soul to be found awake. Still, you stare, wondering if anyone is wide eyed at this hour.

This particular night, you find yourself staring at the whole building, your eyes jumping from one random window to the next. Then, a light comes on. Your eyes are instantly attracted to it. There is a young girl, about ten years, waving to you. You open your window, and you can make out a few features. A black lace dress, a head of chocolate hair, done up in a fancy style, a sweet, round face and lean body. You swear you can even see some tears.

What stands out most is her smile. She has a large smile as she is still waving. The moment you see her, she looks at you. She is staring right at you, right into your eyes. You almost want to look away, but you cannot bring yourself to do so.

You try to see behind her. There is no one in the room. You worry a little. Where are her parents?

At first, you are unsure, but you decided to head across the street anyway. That apartment building was built by the same people who built yours, so judging from where the window is, you suspect that you should buzz room 5F.

You grab a coat and run downstairs (the elevator is noisy and you do not want to wake your neighbors). When you make it outside, you pause, looking both ways for cars before crossing the street. You do not see any and begin across. A chill runs down your spine halfway across, but it is probably the chilly autumn air.

You go to use the buzzer, but it is turned off. You huff irritated, when a gust of wind opens the door. You go inside.

It is quiet. Not usual middle of the night quiet, but. . . too quiet. No heaters humming, no vents buzzing, not even a faint sound of a persons breath. You get another chill, but ignore it. Again, you take the stairs. Even if you did not care about making noise, both elevators are out of order.

You make it to the fifth floor. You were right. The only one with light shining through the crack under the door is 5F. You make your way to it and knock. But there is no answer. You knock again, calling for whoever is inside.

You knock a while longer, when the door opens when you push with your knuckles. You poke your head inside. The room is bathed in a yellow glow. Soft lullaby music is playing on a record player, slightly off key from old age.

When you step in, you notice that whoever lives here is a collector of. . . stuff. Just stuff. There is a white mask is black eyes and lips resting on a shelf on the entertainment system. Next to a large TV is a Nintendo, with one cartridge next to it: unlabeled with the name *BEN* written in black. Next to a large easy chair is a DS, with a Pokemon game: small black card with just the title *Pokemon*. Hanging on the handle of one of the doors is an Armani suit with silver cufflinks and a blood red tie. On the couch is a small, rubber mouse puppet with a skinny snout, two overly large ears, and a dead, hollow stare.

All these things seem familiar to you, but you cannot place your finger on how, exactly. You make your way down the hall, where several portraits are hung up in a line. As you make your way down, you get another chill. Are you being watched?

You open the door that leads to the window you saw. The little girl is there, not waving, her back to you now. She is wearing that beautiful black dress, that you can now tell is bedazzled in small white rhinestones. On a small plastic chair next to a plastic vanity is a hanger, with a raggedy dress with different little pictures sewn on it, and eight different colored wings on the back. On the vanity is a necklace with different colored cone shaped shells, next to a tray of cupcakes.

You call out to her, *Little girl? Where are your parents?*

She turns. There is something in her hands. Two things. One is the headless body of what you think is a Mickey Mouse doll, only with the colors inverted and yellow goo pouring out. In the other is the head to said doll.

*Mommy hated Daddy* she said. *But Daddy loved Mommy. Did you see Mommys mask in the living room?*

You think back. The white mask with the black eyes and smile? She continues before you answer.

*Daddy gave that mask to Mommy a long time ago. Mommy wanted to kill Daddy so badly, so Daddy made a deal. Daddy said he would go away if Mommy would give him something in return.*

There is a pause. Suddenly, you start to realize all the signs. The rat puppet on the couch: Rap Rat. The Pokemon cartridge: Pokemon Black. The Nintendo game: Ben Drowned. The suit: Slenderman. The Mickey Mouse doll: Abandoned by Disney. The things at the vanity: Cupcakes. The mask. . . could it be Jane the Killers mask?

The girl continues. *So, Mommy agreed and Daddy did what he had to do. Then Mommy killed Daddy. A little while later, I was born.*

*S-so. . . where is Mommy now?*

*Daddy has been getting lonely in hell. He told me in a dream tonight. So I gave him company with Mommys knife* She points to her bed, where you did not before notice a bloody knife.

There are no words. You have no idea what you want to do. *My collection is almost complete.* She says. *I have always wanted my dress to be as popular as Mommys mask.*

You still are not sure to this day what happened. Did you blink? Did you sneeze? Did you avert your gaze, just for a moment? But before you know it, the girl is clamped onto your back holding the knife to your neck. *So, you are going to tell the police, right? Be sure to be very VERY clear?*

You can only nod, slightly as you fear the knife will cut you. The girl giggles and jumps down from your back. *Thank you!* she chirps. *I better go. Daddy is waiting.*

*NO, WAIT!*

*I can&��t wait!* She stomps a foot on the ground, raising her voice. *And neither can you for that matter. Do you not remember the bus?*

The bus? What bus? Was she just trying to freak you out. The girl takes your hand and leads you to the window. She points down to the street. There is a bus outside, along with a dozen police cars and an ambulance, putting a bloody body onto a stretcher. Even from the fifth floor, you realize that the body. . . is you.

*Thank you for the help. Tell the police when you wake up* You turn around, just in time to see the girl slit her throat. You pass out before you see her bleed.

You wake up in a hospital. Half your bones are in a cast. You are surrounded by flowers, presents, and a nurse. She tells you that you will be okay. You instantly ask for a police officer, saying that you need to report something that happened in the building. The nurse, unnerved by your excitement, rushes away.

You breath, going over the story in your head, when you notice a large box, done up in orange paper and red ribbon. You look at the tag. It reads:

For you, from Jennie the Killer.

"Oh deary me," she sighed laying back in the bed, staring up to the ceiling. "I should be thankful to be alive, if nothing else. But I believe one I'm out of here I'm keeping myself inside from now on. That was too much of a fight for me!" She frowned a bit, looking back to the note once more, wondering if she should open it now or later.

Smitten Lunatic

Quote:

Life goes on. For a while anyway. You have to stay in the hospital over-night, but as long as someone is taking care of you, then you can head home.

As soon as you enter your home, a brightly wrapped gift is sitting on the table. There is a large black envelope taped to it. Hesitantly, you move towards the packages, peeling off the envelope. Inside is a card. On the front, it reads *Spread the Word*. Where have you heard that before?

You open it. The left says From Jennie the Killer, and the right holds a longer message:

Hello, Miss Kola. You know, I have been through this ordeal with several people. Many of them thank me for the gift, but few actually acknowledge it as more than a dream. You did more than thank whatever anonymous entity gave them the present. You responded to me. Me! That just means the world to me.

I know you told the police, but I need you to do something else. Something bigger. I will be sending someone over to your place to give you instructions. If you want to spread the word, then call the number on the back of the envelope. Just let it ring a few times and hang up. She will find you.

Oh! And before I forget! If you do not help me. . . let it just be known that Jane is not my only kill. Happy Halloween!

You know that you now have a choice to make. What started out as a small gift has now got you ensnared in a wicked game, and you have to choose whether to play or succumb to the consequences.

She frowned, instantly feeling sick as she read the note. Her legs wobbled and she managed to sit down in a chair. "Dammit, I really wished it was a dream." she mumbled, rereading the message over and over.

"Number on the back of the ... envelope?" She flipped the envelope around, spying the aforementioned number and sighed. "Sure. What do I have to lose? Apart from my sanity, that is..." Rereading the instructions to make sure she understood them and, with a sigh, she reached for her phone and dialed, waited for a few rings then hung up.

"... I think I already feel my sanity slipping. What the hell did I just do?"
KeroKero Kola
Quote:

Life goes on. For a while anyway. You have to stay in the hospital over-night, but as long as someone is taking care of you, then you can head home.

As soon as you enter your home, a brightly wrapped gift is sitting on the table. There is a large black envelope taped to it. Hesitantly, you move towards the packages, peeling off the envelope. Inside is a card. On the front, it reads *Spread the Word*. Where have you heard that before?

You open it. The left says From Jennie the Killer, and the right holds a longer message:

Hello, Miss Kola. You know, I have been through this ordeal with several people. Many of them thank me for the gift, but few actually acknowledge it as more than a dream. You did more than thank whatever anonymous entity gave them the present. You responded to me. Me! That just means the world to me.

I know you told the police, but I need you to do something else. Something bigger. I will be sending someone over to your place to give you instructions. If you want to spread the word, then call the number on the back of the envelope. Just let it ring a few times and hang up. She will find you.

Oh! And before I forget! If you do not help me. . . let it just be known that Jane is not my only kill. Happy Halloween!

You know that you now have a choice to make. What started out as a small gift has now got you ensnared in a wicked game, and you have to choose whether to play or succumb to the consequences.

She frowned, instantly feeling sick as she read the note. Her legs wobbled and she managed to sit down in a chair. "Dammit, I really wished it was a dream." she mumbled, rereading the message over and over.

"Number on the back of the ... envelope?" She flipped the envelope around, spying the aforementioned number and sighed. "Sure. What do I have to lose? Apart from my sanity, that is..." Rereading the instructions to make sure she understood them and, with a sigh, she reached for her phone and dialed, waited for a few rings then hung up.

"... I think I already feel my sanity slipping. What the hell did I just do?"

A giggle escaped Jennie's lips as the phone began to ring. "Perfect. Everything is so perfect..."

She set the phone down, looking at the white and black mask. "Mommy... one day the world will know my story... maybe even more than they know yours..."

Hours passed, and a storm blew fiercly. Many home lost power, spending the night in pitch black. A shadowy figure made it's way to a certain home. A knock came to the door, slowly and rhythmic, before allowing a thick silence to ooze into the open spaces.

Smitten Lunatic

Jennie The Killer Anon

She jumped, giving a startled cry when the knock came. She placed a hand against her heart, trying to steady it as she looked over to the door. She began to tell herself it was just the storm until remembering she was in an apartment building. "Dammit." She furrowed her brow, sinking deeper into the chair as she tried to gather enough courage to go to the door and carefully peered out through the peep hole. "H-hello..?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff