Welcome to Gaia! ::

Visionary

19,825 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Especially black cats.
This is not a joke.
2 Halloweens ago my dearest black kitty got out during the night of Halloween and then disappeared for 4 days. She never even leaves the yard so I was terrified. When she finally came back to me she was in terrible shape. Markings had been painted on her with red and orange paint, she had terrible bruises and patches of fur missing, and she wouldn't stop shaking. It took months to get her back to normal.
There are bad, stupid people out there.

Please go round up your furry friends and keep them cozy inside the house on Halloween.

X Rayver's Princess

Sugary Sweetheart

63,675 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
NINJA Boner
Especially black cats.
This is not a joke.
2 Halloweens ago my dearest black kitty got out during the night of Halloween and then disappeared for 4 days. She never even leaves the yard so I was terrified. When she finally came back to me she was in terrible shape. Markings had been painted on her with red and orange paint, she had terrible bruises and patches of fur missing, and she wouldn't stop shaking. It took months to get her back to normal.
Please go round up your furry friends and keep them cozy inside the house on Halloween.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thanks for the tip! I have 2 chihuahuas I'm not letting out of my sight!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show..::Go Team Jack::.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Diamond Pants

25,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
That's so sad... sad People can be so cruel.

I can't let my dog out right now because it's raining... He never stays out too long anyway though. He's kind of spoiled and likes to be inside.

Ruthless Poster

Thank you for sharing this! Every year on Fourth of July and Halloween I throw the same friendly reminder out there on my facebook. Furry friends don't do too well when drunk idiots are out. It's sad but true.

Dapper Bloodsucker

11,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
Thanks for sharing! That's completely terrible D: People make me super sad. I have a black cat as well, and she's in-door only. I barely ever let her out. Especially not on Halloween.

My friend from middle school got a threat in her mailbox saying that they would kill my friend's dog on Halloween. So she was kept inside and nothing happened to her.

Unstoppable Seeker

15,325 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Squash Smasher 50
my cats are fortunately all cowards and hide at the first sound of a doorbell. And I've got my dogs in the kennel area towards the back so they remain out of sight... Fortunately it's not my first halloween with pets!
burning_eyes
If you are a cat owner you shouldn't let your cat go outside anyway.
They can be shot, hit by a car, or picked up by someone, and it doesn't have to be Halloween for cruel people. Coyotes will kill them, as can foxes and large birds of prey and flocks of ravens or crows, not to mention stray dogs and cats, and best of all, some dog or cat whose irresponsible owner thinks it's ok to let their dog roam around neighborhoods and alleys.

As well, cats have a huge damaging impact on the natural ecology. They kill birds and reptiles and other small animals. Parasites and diseases are most easily picked up from other outdoor animals as well.

I keep my cats indoors always and my dog is always with me. Where I live people would steal my dog if I left him unattended in the yard. There is plenty of stuff for them to do inside and there is no reason they need to go outside. Whether you choose to believe or not that your cat can be a hazard to the environment, or that there are very real dangers to your cat outside is up to you. It's your pet you say you love so much, and you're the one who will be missing them and worried when they disappear. You're the one who gets to pay the vet bills, and you're the one who will grieve when they are killed. But your pets are the ones who will truly suffer. Why would anyone want to risk the safety of their pet just because the pet wants to go outside?
burning_eyes

Visionary

19,825 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Thoth Mer
burning_eyes
They can be shot, hit by a car, or picked up by someone, and it doesn't have to be Halloween for cruel people. Coyotes will kill them, as can foxes and large birds of prey and flocks of ravens or crows, not to mention stray dogs and cats, and best of all, some dog or cat whose irresponsible owner thinks it's ok to let their dog roam around neighborhoods and alleys.

As well, cats have a huge damaging impact on the natural ecology. They kill birds and reptiles and other small animals. Parasites and diseases are most easily picked up from other outdoor animals as well.

I keep my cats indoors always and my dog is always with me. Where I live people would steal my dog if I left him unattended in the yard. There is plenty of stuff for them to do inside and there is no reason they need to go outside. Whether you choose to believe or not that your cat can be a hazard to the environment, or that there are very real dangers to your cat outside is up to you. It's your pet you say you love so much, and you're the one who will be missing them and worried when they disappear. You're the one who gets to pay the vet bills, and you're the one who will grieve when they are killed. But your pets are the ones who will truly suffer. Why would anyone want to risk the safety of their pet just because the pet wants to go outside?
burning_eyes

While in some places it is considered both foolish and dangerous to let your cat outside, there are a variety of places where indoor only pets are almost non-existant. The only wild animals around here are raccoons and hawks. Raccoons only come out at night and they can't get in my yard. And the only trees that a hawk could have lived in near me were recently taken down.
I worked at a vet office for a while as an assistant and the happiest and healthiest cats that came in were kept indoors at night, and allowed out in the yard during day hours.
A well trained animal won't attack birds, rats, or other creatures. My cats can sit outside on the porch within half a foot of the squirrel and be just fine. They also never leave the yard. There are many ways to train your pet to stay where it should and do as it should without shutting it inside. Unless you don't even have a fenced yard, in which case your best pet choice would be something in a cage or bowl.
As far as picking up parasites and diseases, they're actually almost always brought home by the owner. You go outside don't you? Of course you do. You have to pay the same vet bills as someone who owns an outdoor cat. All the vaccines and yearly shots that are given to outdoor animals, should be given to indoor animals as well. In fact, in my time with the vet industry, the only people who brought their pets in for diseases were owners of indoor pets who thought their pet didn't need any shots because it never went outside, unfortunately their owner harmlessly stepped in some dirt that a diseased animal must have either urinated in or rolled around in, because sure enough their dog got distemper, and because symptoms don't show right away, their brand new puppy got it too. It died. And their animal had never even been outside.
Also, if you live in an area would steal your dog if it was left outside, then I hate to break it too you but if it's that bad, your dog is no safer inside. I have a friend who lives downtown and someone broke into her house to steal things and then put her cat in the oven for good measure.
Oh, and this was mainly about cats. Dogs in general shouldn't be left unattended anywhere. When I had to take care of a dog for a while, he was only allowed to play in the yard if I was on the porch watching him.

Visionary

19,825 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
YourToxicJinx
Thank you for sharing this! Every year on Fourth of July and Halloween I throw the same friendly reminder out there on my facebook. Furry friends don't do too well when drunk idiots are out. It's sad but true.

Oh god, the 4th of July is even worse. Pets don't just get hurt by stupid people, they get scared and hurt themselves.
I recently had some new neighbors move in. I don't know where they lived before but their dog was NOT used to fireworks. They left it outside at night in it's doghouse like any normal night and the second the fireworks started it got so scared it broke it's chain and ran off into the street. Thankfully I was outside lighting sparklers with my brother so we could go tell them, but I sure gave them a lecture. They were very lucky their wasn't any cars.

Distinct Gaian

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Gaian 50
NINJA Boner
Especially black cats.
This is not a joke.

people these days don't get that animals are very sensitive and need to be taken care of like babies and toddlers. i cant stand it when i see a person harm an animal, i was to harm that person very badly! thank you for the reminder and being a responsible owner.

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I kept my black fluffly cat inside

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Thoth Mer
burning_eyes

burning_eyes

Whoa were do you live man! Sounds dangerous! In New Zealand you don't need to worry about coyotes or fox or large birds. Or stray cats. It's good to live away from the main road because cats less likely to get run over. Um you do take your cats outside now and then right?

8,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
ok my boyfriend's mum's cat has problems.
We've taken her to I believe 2 vets and the third one help but she gone backwards.
She is 11 years old
type of cat:abyssinian
She is a in door cat.
She never goes outside. Though now and then I put her on the deck and she enjoys the sun.
If we come back from say the supermarket she would be waiting by the door. And as we open the door she rushes outside to this pot plant and chew on the leafs.

The third vet told us she has bowel disease.
The vet told us that can be due to being depressed.
Couple years ago my boyfriend's dog passed away and the cat was very close to the dog.
Accept when the dog got very sick she would attack the dog. eek

After the dog passed away she would go to the room were the dog use to sleep and looked at the bed.
My boyfriend's mum is the real owner of the cat. But she lives overseas with her husband as they work overseas. The mum comes every year for 2 months. This year the cat improved but when she was gone she started weeing on our clothes in the bathroom gonk which happened before my boyfriend's mum came over and started again when the mum left.

We give her well the third vet lady suggested rabbit cubes so we did and then...we gave her turkey and now well she threw that up yesterday because she ate too fast.
We feed her last night and now this morning and she kept it down.

She has black poos or blood spots.

We are taking her to the vet again today. But I begin to think maybe she is depressed.

Lover

i would beat up whoever would do that to a cat. mad
      ******** heartless scrubs. this is why i'm always afraid of lettings my cat out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff