Welcome to Gaia! ::

Upon entering the thread, you notice that the air here is slightly cooler, the lights slightly dimmer, and the company...slightly transparent. The Phantom smiles and curtsies, the move holding the grace of centuries of practice.

"Welcome! This is a thank you thread to all the many kind Gaian's who have gifted me. Do not let that deter you, however. Feel free to relax here and spark up a few conversations; perhaps with a few ghostly specters. You are a guest here~"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Thank You All

- Horror Twins
- Parfait
- Spooky scary skeleton anon
- Atra
- the littlest Ghost
- My PR Manager whom I eventually forgave
- Mr. Black
- The Death Note Anon
- The House with Three Black Cats
- T.T
- A Small Pumpkin
- Sherlock Holmes
- Daenes
- The World's Worst Vampire
- Slenderman
- Kefka palazzo
- Ghosty Boo
- Bittersweet
- VAMPIRE
- The Nightmare Doctor
- The Master
- Shy Snow White Anon
- Rose Thief Anon
- The Dark-Hunter Girl
- Lonely Spirit
- The Halloween Poem Creator
- +The GrimTailor Anon+
Quote:

On this cold, foggy night of Halloween, you find yourself on the Dreary Lane at the end of the dead end street, stands an old two bedroom house, burned at the window, the ceiling caved in.

"They say this house is haunted" Your friend whispers, staring at the house.

"Bullshit, there is no such thing as ghosts." You reply with a scoff and a roll of your eyes.

"Oh yeah?" Your friend inquires, looking to you with a raised eyebrow, " I dare you to go inside then."

Will you go inside, or do you choose to leave

Not one to "wimp out" on a dare (or a challenge for that matter), the Phantom lifted her chin, as one with pride does in some cases, and boldly walked into the decrepit house.

Quote:

"No thanks, I'm not interested." As you turn to walk away, from inside the burned house, distorted voices that sound like small children call out.

"Help us, please!" Looking to each to each other, your friend and yourself, run up the driveway. Pulling the singed door open, the smell of burnt wood and ash emitting from the old house. The two of you began coughing, choked by the dust and fumes of the old place.

"Hello?" You call out, shining the flashlight you had brought along with you through the rubble and decayed house, searching for the children you heard crying for help. Carefully, you and your friend slowly enter the old building, getting a few feet from the door when it suddenly swings shut with a loud bang. Next to you, your friend cries out in fear as you roll your eyes. "It was probably the wind.." Dismissing the situation, you continue forward. Stepping over burnt support beams and other debris, looking up an old staircase that doesn't look sturdy.

"Help us, please" The children's voices cry out, this time you can hear that it's coming from up the stairs.

"We can't go up there, it's too dangerous!"

What do you do?
Try the stairs to help the children, or try to find a way out of the house?

A small frown flickered across her face as she heard the cries from above. The oddity of children being in such a place did make her pause, but not for long. She chose to try the unsteady stairs to help the children.

Quote:

"It was your idea to come in here in the first place." You scold your friend, "We are not turning back now." Taking a step up on the stairs, carefully you begin to climb, hearing your friend whine from behind you. "Oh come on scardy cat, nothings going to happen, if you are careful." It takes your friend a bit to work up the courage, but soon he/she follows after you, treading carefully as the stairs creak underneath your feet. Snap from behind you the stares give way, you turn to catch your friend's hand, but it's too late. He/she falls to his/her death, and you have to get off the stairs before you join him/her.

As you reach the second floor landing, the stairs crumple the rest of the way, looking down, tears slid down your cheek. Wishing you had listened to your friend and went for help instead. You realize as you stand on the landing how hot it is up there, and that under your costume you are sweating.

"Help us, please!" The voices come from the far end of the hall, with no way to go back, you have no choice but to turn around and keep searching for the children that are in danger. Though you wonder how they had even got up those stairs without being harmed. Maybe they were too small and didn't weigh enough to take down the stairs. That was plausible. After all, the children only sounded like they were seven or eight years old. Getting closer to the room, an orange glow began to grow from inside the room at the end of the hall, where you were sure you heard the children's voices.

The closer you got, the hotter it got in the house and the smell of smoke became even heavier, as if the place was still on fire. Reaching the door, you feel the doorknob and instantly tear your hand away after being burned. "Ouch!"

Do you kick down the door, or take your chances finding a way to get out?

She quickly blew on her finger tips, trying to get the burning pain to subside at least a little bit. Tugging at her collar, she stared at the door. Why was it so hot? Did a fire start by some fluke? Drawing in a smoke filled breath, she prepared herself to kick down the door. She needed to get the kids out as soon as possible and kicking down the door was the only solution she saw.

Quote:

"Hold on, I'm coming!" You call out to the children inside the room, you can hear them crying. Backing up from the door, you raise your foot, kicking the door as hard as you can, the door gives way, falling backward and landing on the inside of the room, kicking up dust and ash. "Are you okay?" You ask, entering the room, covering your nose and mouth, waiting for the room to clear or a response from the children.

Shining the light in the room, you see the Skelton's of two little beds sitting on the opposite sides of the room, but no sign of the children. The orange glow has gone now and the heat faded, now leaving you shivering and confused in the middle of the room.

"Looky Ariel, we have a new playmate" A boy's distorted voice says, followed by the form of a burned boy with his mouth and chest burned off of him.

"Oh how fun!" A little girl chimes from behind, looking over your shoulder you see a little girl, also with her mouth and chest missing, but not as badly burned as the boy. You scream and the two lung on you, tearing you apart from limb from limb.

The End

The Phantom floated above the body she had been using, watching as it was torn apart. "I had thought fire to be the death scythe....I had not expected this..."

(( Thank you for the lovely Choose Your Story adventure, Horror heart And for the lovely gifts as well! ))

Quote:

Not wanting to take the chance on the vine ladder, you back away from the window. Leaving the bedroom, you look around. Other than the room where you hear the voices of the children coming from, there is one more room. Upon opening the door you find yourself in a bathroom, with too small of a window to get too, and go back to the hall to search some more. Finding a string hanging from the ceiling, you reach up to take a hold of it and stop suddenly, thinking it may not be a good idea.

With no other choice, you decide to take a chance and pull the string, as the stair's come down the house fades around you. Until you are standing in a vacant lot inside of a gate where the house use to be. Confused and frightened, you look around, your friend nowhere to be found. Whoop, Whoop A cop siren goes off from outside the gate, a flood light falling on you. "Get out from there right now, it is private property!" The voice of a male officer calls out, you blink in confusion, and begin to walk to the gate, opening it up and coming out on the street. The officer approaches you, furious. "Just what do you think you were doing? I should arrest you for trespassing!"

"There was a house here.. a minute ago... my friend and I heard some children inside. We went into help them, but the stairs fell and my friend was killed." You try to explain, but from the look on the officers face, you can see he thinks you are crazy.

"Is that so?" He asks, "Why don't you get in my car?" You nod, not thinking anything else could possibly go wrong and get into the back seat. The officer gets into the driver's seat and takes off, driving from Dreary Lane.

"Don't you need my address?"

"Oh, I am not taking you home. You are going to the asylum."

"What? I swear, I' not crazy!"

"Sure...look I know it's Halloween.. but you can't really expect me to believe your story. There hasn't been a house on that lot fro twenty years. It was demolished after the fire, when those two kids died."

You were so shocked, you had nothing to say. Sitting back in the seat, you tried to wrap your head around what you were told. The asylum coming into view over the horizon, "Give me your parents number and I will make sure they know where you are."

You give your number to the officer before being checked into the asylum, where you spent the rest of your days telling the story of the house on Dreary Lane, the voices of the children that cried out for help up on the second story, the friend that died when the stairs fell apart under your feet, and when you pulled the string for the stairs to the attic. The house had disappeared.....

The End

"A story of origins...Always such a treat, Lord Horror heart And I must say, I think your experiment in regards to the Choose Your Own is going rather well thus far."
Quote:

Message: Dearest Phantom Anon, I know it must get exhausting haunting people, so I'm hoping this will be of some good.

Message: And because one shouldn't be out scaring on an empty stomach

Message: But of course if the first is not to your liking...

"Thank you for your gifts, Parfait. You brought a wide smile to this phantom's face heart "

Quote:

Message: Walking around town, planning to trick little children or helpless adults, you spot a cheesily dectorated house. Giggling, you sneak in, going through the wall. Inside, it looks extremely dark. The only things you see are a small light coming from the stairs and a skeleton wearing a cape carrying a bowl. "Well! That was quite rude, dear child! You could have at least worn a costume and waited! Well! You can just wear this! Now, run along!" With that, the skeleton shooed you out through the wall. As you walked away confused, holding the costume in your hand, you take a look behind you. The house is now gone. You hear a faint 'you're welcome' coming from the wind.

~Spooky scary skeleton anon

Her cheeks bloom a soft pink from the embarrassment of being caught. "Th-Thank you, Spooky Scary Skeleton Anon."

Quote:

"Thank you for the very, very kind gift, Atra heart heart Truly I appreciate it!"

Quote:

Message: It&��s a dark, foggy Halloween Night as you walk home with a bag full of candy. Up ahead is a streelight, the only light for a while besides the warm glow of houses which don&��t help much to light your way.

Tired from a night of Trick or treating, you decide to take a rest under the streetlight when you suddenly hear the sound of crying, and next to you is a little ghost. &��Oh I&��m sorry, I didn&��t mean to frighten you. Here, take this&�� She hands you a gift , tied with a red bow which you put into your bag, smushing some candy in the process. As you turn to thank her, you find youself alone again with only a tag left on the ground that reads:

Happy Halloween~ From the littlest Ghost

heart "That was entirely cute, but whatever reason were you crying for my friend? I do hope our paths cross again, Littlest Ghost~"

Quote:

Tipping me yet again? Something must be done.

User Image

I knooooow.

The Phantom inhaled quickly, placing a hand over her heart. "My own PR manager...Why? I know what this is!" She wiped at an invisible tear, "It is that evil gift troll, Arron! He must have corrupted you with his evil gifting ways!"
Quote:

For teaching me how great gift giving can be.

Have a happy Halloween and watch your back...
Or else you'll get a gift from Mr.Black

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Her smile widened and her eyes glittered in the light. "That was so entirely adorable, Mr. Black. heart heart " The Phantom curtsied deeply, "And thank you for the even kinder gift!"

Quote:

A treasure you deserve.
For the smile you give.
A little sweet to return.

Paying it forward

She smiled and curtsied, "Thank you for the delightful treat and prose, Karma heart "

Quote:

Message: You walk through the woods and happen upon a horse. You try to get close to it, but it disappears into the night. You get closer to where the horse was. You see a gift box appear out of thin air.

You hear a faint neighing in the distance.
-Ghost Horse anon

The Phantom curtsies, "It's such a rare thing to see a spectral horse. Thank you, Ghost Horse Anon heart "

Quote:

Message: &��Misa: Hey, Light. Wanna come sleep with me tonight?
Light: Wh-what are you talking about&�&?
Misa: Ha ha ha! Just kidding! You're saving me for after we catch Kira, right? You don't have to be shy about it!
L: Yes, Light. There's no need to be shy.
Light: I'm not being shy!
L: No need to be so serious either&��
~The DNA (The Death Note Anon)

"Thank you for the gift, DNA." the Phantom curtsied, amusement lighting her eyes.

Quote:

Message: It stood at the end of a winding road, an old house with closed shutters on every window. The door had a huge bronze knocker that echoed through the surrounding area with every hit. No other houses were left on that overgrow street. The street lights flickered on and off.

It was a favourite hit for brave trick-or-treaters; there was always a never-ending candy filled bowl on the front step each Halloween night, filled with home-made treats. The children and teens never laid eyes on the person who lived there, only three black cats that sat on the porch.

Each treat was individually wrapped with their unique symbols pressed into the milk-chocolate. These treats never made it home to the parent&��s inspection, always eaten on the return home.

Each group that ventured away from the mysterious home, always made a pit-stop at the forest edge on old Rob Road where an old wrinkled women would wait.

And every year one of those trick or treaters never made it home.

From &��The House with Three Black Cats.&��

"Thank you for the gift and the lovely tale, Black Cats heart "
Quote:

The Phantom gave you a hug, "I believe that everyone can be witty as long as they try. Thank you for the beautiful flowers, Anon heart "

Quote:

Message: * small pumpkin rolls by, stares at you then barfs up a gift with a note as it rolled away*

aw so much love with in you...so much love

"O-Oh my." the Phantom murmured as she watched the pumpkin run by. "I had not expected that...Thank you for the kind gift, Anon heart "

Quote:

Message: Your corpse lay upon the ground in a distressed manner. Sherlock Holmes removed his deerstalker and would consult no more. The body was that of a girl,

his beloved.

The Phantom raised a gloved hand to her mouth, her eyes widening. "...I am unsure what to say to this. It was so unexpected."

Quote:

The Phantom has been a busy woman, going about her anon business. Doing such business, she feels as if she is being watched... "Does it even work with ghosts..?", a woman whispers. A different female answers her, "I... Don't actually know." Turning, Phantom see's a black haired elf staring at her with a single red eye, a pumpkitten sitting on her shoulder and staring as well. The pair hesitate a moment before the elf walks over. "Uh... Could you sign this, please..?" She holds out a pen and paper out to the spirit

(( My dearest apologies for the lateness of this reply. I was having computer issues ))

The Phantom turned, watching the exchange with an amused expression. She laughed as softly as the tolling of a small bell, and curtsied, "It would be my honor~" As you watched, her form, translucent normally, began to solidify into an actual physical form. Graciously taking the pen and paper, she carefully signed her name in an elegant calligraphy before handing it back to you.

Quote:

pondering repeatedly why he just can not fright.
"If I show my teeth more or make my eyes flash,
surely then I could make all the town's people gasp."
The World's Worst Vampire had lofty dreams,
of making all the people in the world scream.
Using his vice and his evil vampire flair
but all he got instead were strange stares.
The night was young and the moon was bright,
And all the ghouls and vamps would be haunting that night.
With only a few nights away from Halloween,
The Worlds Worst Vampire could only just scheme.
"Enough!" He jumped up from his coffin,
"No longer will I be the vamp they all shun."
With zeal he grabbed his still ripped cape.
Carefully around his neck it did drape.
With more confidence he stepped out in the cold,
reminding himself to be sinister and bold.
Back to the forest, he was there in no time.
Waiting in silence for some vampiric playtime.
The owls did howl and the moon shone brighter,
but the only soul around was this lone vampire.
He twiddled his thumbs, ignoring his thirst,
and tried to dispel his thoughts that he is the worst.

The night went on, and no dinner was in sight,
the World's Worst Vampire was ready to give up this night.
The sun would soon rise and his time would be gone.
The World's Worst Vampire had done it all wrong.
With a plot that then crossed through his mind,
he pulled out a gift and jotted some lines.
As the dawn preceded, the vampire retreated away,
leaving a gift he hoped would be found this new day.

It is later on that day as you walk around,
that you happen on a gift sitting on the ground.
It is wrapped in orange paper with a note on its bow.
You pick it up and begin to read, feeling compelled to know.

"Please join me," it reads, "on All-Hallow's Eve,
For a masquerade ball, I'd be glad to receive
your company at 8 pm. Come up to the old mansion on the hill.
I promise the party will give you a thrill."

You look from the edge of the forest to the mansion on the hill,
You shiver a little. That place gives you chills.
You look back at the note after awhile,
seeing that it was signed from the World's Worst Vampire.

-Mind the Vamps!
From the World's Worst Vampire.

She laughed and curtsied, "A masquerade? How could I possibly say no? It would be an honor to attend and even more n honor if I could have a dance, good sir."
Quote:

Message: &��Slenderman Slenderman, All the children try to run
Slenderman Slenderman, to him it's part of the fun&��
User Image
1/8

She puzzled over the page, "A drawing? How curious..."

Quote:

Message: Cities and townships are flooded with innocent people in costumes this time of year. All manner of zombies, faefolk, as well as many other creatures are honored by their portrayal by said townspeople.

Then, of course, there are us. The anons. Able to hide our identities with the mere press of a button. You, however, are an exception to this rule. The commoners can easily you and thank you for all the wonderful things you do. Oh my darling little phantom, the praises of you are quite numerous. The city bustles.

What fun is destruction if no "precious" lives are lost?
-kefka palazzo

The Phantom smiled, "Thank you for the gift, Kefka heart I must admit your words intrigue me so."

Quote:
Your Ghostly Boo
A little friend
I picked for you

"It is entirely cute heart heart Thank you, Anon!"

Quote:

It is chipped, it is old, and getting stale.

False humor, it leaves false laughs in its wake,
Try to sense this falseness for your own sake.

But to break this cycle, we do not dare,
We are born and raised, all caught in this snare.

This mask is quickly becoming the face,
Of the trodden and broken human race.

-Bittersweet Anon

"So very deep a message, yet I must admit I laughed when I saw the stark contract item of the sunshine shirt! It is good seeing you again, Bittersweet."

Quote:

In the dead of the night a woman with lips so red like blood wandered on the lonely street.
Lights flickered, and the moon hid behind dark stormy clouds.

You realized the woman was getting closer to you and her eyes gleamed an eerie scarlet shade.

You can't decide what do...are you going to scamper away? Or bow down to her beauty?
"good evening," the lady said ," it was nice seeing you."

It was the last thing you heard before she sank her teeth into your throat.

User Image

~VAMPIRE

When the Phantom finally came to, the mysterious woman had disappeared. She winced, lifting a hand to her throat and shakily stood. How long had it been since she had encountered a vampire and how longer still had one been able to catch her off guard enough to steal a sip of her blood? Keeping her hand lifted to her neck, the Phantom warily continued on her way.

(( Thank you for the lovely art, Vampire heart It's beautiful and I truly do appreciate it heart ))
Quote:

Message: You're running late at night in an unfamiliar city. All you have is some of the clothes on your back and no memory of where you've been the last few days, but you know you can't stop. Whatever happened to you, You need to get as far away as possible. You dart down an alleyway for cover off the main road, but your progress is stopped by a brick wall with no nearby fire escapes or dumpsters.
A tall man in a lab coat approaches from behind cutting you off. His appearance seems strange; very pale, with white hair and eyes completely pink. You recall there being a term for this, but it's not coming to mind. There's something inherently off about this man. "I see you are out for a walk. But I'm not finished with you, So we'll be going back now." Memories of a bloody scalpel and lying on a cold table flash through your mind, but it's a dead-end with the only escape route through him. Sciurus calmly continues moving towards you, twirling a scalpel in his hand, despite your warnings and it turns out he doesn't need an OR for what he planned to do with you..
~the Nightmare Doctor

She warily watched as the man in the lab coat approached. A thousand questions rushed through her mind, but she a difficult time focusing given the memories that were haunting her mind from the man's earlier experiments. Even with her memories, she had a difficult time recalling how she had been captured. Had it been a summoning? Or did he perhaps use salt or iron. The Phantom did not have time to consider these thoughts. When he grew closer, she made a dash to the side in an attempt to get passed him and out of the alleyway.

The Master

The Phantom's cheek bloomed a dark pink, her heart pounding harder than normal. "N-Neferiam. That had been an unexpected..." She struggled for a word that was at least somewhat proper for their time together, "Visit, sir."

Quote:

What are you doing here,
You look as see through as the thing,
In step mother's magic mirror.
I heard her speak to it yesterday,
It told her though she was pretty,
There was someone else more beautiful,
And that person was me.
Although I fled to the woods,
And moved in with seven little men,
I never forgot her wicked ways,
Or that she might try to get me again.
My memories are foggy now,
I can't quite remember where I am,
Or what led up to this moment,
Or where all of this began.
I think I was answering the door,
And a sweet little old lady was there,
And then she gave me a piece of fruit,
Something like an apple or a pear.
I took a small bite to please her,
But choked as it stuck my throat,
And as the little old lady laughed manically,
Out of my body I did float.
So you see my dear Phantom,
I should not be here,
Do you have any idea,
Just where here might be,
And do you know,
How I might get home,
And find true love, ever after, happily?

~ Shy Snow White Anon

The Phantom did not speak for a time as she saw the confused soul of the recently deceased appear to her. Usually a reaper would come by now and lead them peacefully away, or sometimes, a doorway would appear for that soul. When she finally spoke, her voice was solemn,"I fear you have passed into the realm of the spirits...My apologies, but I cannot heal your body or revive it from its state...If you see a doorway, take it. You will find your true happiness beyond and find the comforts of the friends or family that help make up your home..."

(( Thank you so very much, Shy Snow White Anon. That was beautifully written!))

Quote:

Message: The man that was responsible for fluff and dress theft was found staring at the gleaming full moon, with his bandana in hand.

"There you are, thief!" You shout.

The man turned his head towards your direction and delivered a smirk. "Congratulations for finding me," he said, "But this is a bad time." He placed his hands onto his mask and used them to slide the mask off of his face to reveal his unusual eyes; They were hazel with a brown ring around the pupil and the right eye was darker. The thief turned his body toward you, gave off a deathly glare, and began to take his gloves off. "Have you ever heard of the story of Little Red Riding Hood?"

"Y-Yes..." You answered nervously.

"That's good." The man responded as he continued to strip into full nude and kneel down on all fours.

The moon's light began to reflect off of the man's copper skin.

"The story begins here."

He began to laugh like a maniac, but they became grunts of pain. The whites of his eyes fade to black, making his stare more intimidating like a snake's to a mouse. When he smiled, his incisors plus neighboring teeth were resizing and rearranging themselves. Then four of his teeth, two on the top and two on the bottom, became big fangs. His mouth stretched out, making his lips appear non-existent. The ears slowly moved upwards and became pointy like an elf's.

The man eventually began to roar as black hair sprouted like grass all over. His mullet grew into a mane and his limbs deformed into a non-human shape; Feet and hands became paws. The tailbone extended and more of the hair grew on it, making it a tail.

The transformation was over; A black wolf with a blood lust howled in a way that made you dizzy from the loudness.

You then turned tail and ran from the monster; He pursuits you. Fortunately, your car was in sight; You quickly got in and drove off. The wolf was still chasing you, but it became tired from the car's exhaust. You sighed in relief, but your heart still pounds like a hammer on a nail.

Out of the dark, there was a shadowy figure running at a rapid speed towards you. You shrieked over the sight and smashed the brakes. The figure moved to the side and ran past you, dropping a small sack. That... Thing did not bother to come back for it, so you decided to take it home with you.

When her heart finally stopped pounding and she saw that the beast, once a certain familiar Rose Thief, had truly gone for good, the Phantom pulled the car over. Yes it was a crime to steal a car, but she was dead and it was not her fault that the thief had suddenly turned into a werewolf and charged at her. Getting out and beginning to walk away, she took the sack that the dark figure had left. Maybe she should be so surprised with the events of the night; it was Halloween time after all.

(( Thank you Rose Thief! ))

Quote:

Message: I will admit.... I am growing more and more wary of Halloweens end.

I fear possession due to my soul missing.
Regardless I won't deter you fun.

Enjoy you earthly time.

The Dark-Hunter Girl

"A missing soul?" the Phantom tilted her head puzzled by your words, "I think it is always a good precaution to be wary during All Hallows Eve."
Quote:
Anticipation has been slowly building for Gaia's Halloween event, Gaians running every which way as they prepare for it. You are no different, or perhaps you are as you're an anon. You had even gotten ahead of the game and started spreading your messages before the actual event has had a chance to start. You are in the process of said spreading when you catch the scent of sea water, a slightly unusual thing as you are in the middle of Aekea at the moment. You look around in confusion and see nothing that could be the source of the smell. At least until you look up. Floating above the street is a familiar timid spirit, watching the Gaians with nervous uncertainty. She was as unusual as the sea scent she gave off as you don't think you've ever seen her anywhere other than the cliffs she haunts.

She seems to be trying to figure out how to interact with the Gaians without accidentally scaring them with her bloody appearance despite the holiday being one were people are meant to be scared. She happens to look your way and freezes when she see's you watching her. She looks around, embarrassed, and quickly fades from view. A piece of water damaged paper flutters down to you from the space she had occupied:

I had no intention of being seen and yet seen I was,
I hope you will keep my lurking secret, just between us.

-Lonely Spirit

A small smile formed on her lips at the sight of the familiar spirit and she floated over to the water damaged piece of paper, reading it. "I will do just that, but I do hope you might step out of the shadows and visit. The Living are not so frightful and I know you would have a lovely time heart " The Phantom curtsied.

Quote:

its solemn line.
The vampire stalks,
finds blood to dine.
The werewolf howls
at the silver moon.
His human form
what's showing at noon.
The mummy's cries
of pain and loss.
His wraps that smell of must and moss.
The witch that flies,
upon her broom
casting curses
and spelling doom.
The black cat scurries,
hisses and claws
through the graveyard walks his paws.

"Thank you for the delightful Halloween poem, Anon! It was quite enjoyable to read heart "

Quote:

You may have heard of me but if you have not, then this shall be our first meeting. Not to fear, I shall tell you a story. Those who have seen me around will know how I became," The Grim Tailor." I will tell you all of my tale if you choose to stay and listen. For those who refuse me, need only speak up. You will only have to say you do not wish to hear of it and that you wish to be left alone. I will heed your warnings and will never approach you again. At the end of this introduction, you shall be my audience and I the narrator and character that will play in this story. Perhaps you will be open-minded but perhaps you might be disturbed at what will play at hand here. Do not worry, I made sure that nothing so drastic was to be described within these letters. Keep in mind that these letters will be split into parts.
Enjoy your lovely night.

An intro by: +The GrimTailor Anon+

"I would love to hear your tell, Mr. Tailor." the Phantom replied. She was curious for his next words; she had never heard his tale before.

Quote:

You nervously approach a mansion located deep in the forest, the moon your only source of light. You clutch a letter to your chest, a faded scrap of paper with only an address you had received in the mail just this morning. You hurry toward the large, ancient doors which unexpectedly swing open for you. "Hello?", you call nervously and you are quickly answered.

"Welcome."
"A guest! A guest!"

"Please have some tea~!"

You are immediately greeted by a butler and two maids, one of the maids offering you some tea. "You're just in time,", the butler says with a smile, "the party is just about to start." You are quickly ushered through the halls and into a large ball room full of your fellow Gaians milling about. You look around, noting that there only seemed to be the one exit which the three servants were standing in font of now. Someone suddenly raps something metal against wood, causing you to look up and see a balcony above you. A woman is standing there dressed in a black vest with a blood red shirt underneath, a black top hat decorated with a blood red ribbon and a silver skull casting her eyes into shadow, and a red and black cane topped with a silver skull, what you assume was used to get your attention, is held in her hand. "Welcome, my dear guests!", she calls out in a faint Russian accent, "It is good to see you could all make it! Now pour some wine, dance a little, and party like there's no tomorrow!"

The music starts playing and the other guests begin to do as the hostess suggested, but you were uneasy... While the woman spoke you had noticed strange, swirling tattoos on her arms and they... Seemed to twist and move when seen from the corner of your eye and you could have sworn you had seen a hellish glow coming from the shadows cast by her hat where her left eye should have been. You begin to circle the room, trying to find another exit but not able to find any. You stop in front of a large grandfather clock and look around in vain. There had to be another way ou- Was that a draft? You frown and turn towards the clock, noticing upon closer inspection that there seemed to be the faint hints of hinges on the wall behind it. You look around and see no one paying attention to you so you give the clock a careful pull, managing to pull it forward enough to slip through the gap created. And you freeze in horror. Before you is a large pit glowing with what you instinctively knew to be hell fire.

"Oh dear, you saw..."
"Danger! Danger!"

"Don't be afraid okay~?"

You whirl around to see the three servants now revealed to be twisted demons grinning at you from the open door. You scream as they lunge at you, managing to duck between them at the last minute and run back out only for another scream to get caught in your throat. The other guests were now sprawled across the dance floor, the hostess standing in the middle with a thick stack of papers in her hand. She turns towards you with a small, friendly smile, "It seems you saw something you shouldn't have.", she uses the can to tip her hat back, revealing a single coal-like eye, her right covered by an eye-patch, "If you would sign one of these papers, you can forget you ever saw this. We have no desire for your life, just your soul." You stare at her in horror, the sound of the three demons behind you barely stirring you enough to try and run.

"The hard way then.", the elves voice came out in an enraged, bestial growl, "You cannot escape your fate." You hear her run towards you and you chance a glance behind, your blood seeming to freeze in your veins in terror as you do so. She was already swiftly gaining on you and her cane had morphed itself into a wicked scythe. Terror spurring you on, you run for the door... You're almost there, but she's gaining on you... Within reach, and you hear the whistle of the scythe swinging through the air followed by intense pain as the blood red metal sinks into your soul.

"No one can be allowed to escape this night..."

-Daenes

The night had been a curious one, but the underlying sense of wrongness stole all possibility of her enjoying the party. And it had been a marvelous party, too. At least, until the demons appeared (always such kill joys she had noticed) and had begun collecting souls. The Phantom winced, a deep pain wracking her body has the scythe grazed her side as she quickly retreated further away. Ectoplasm blood filled with the energy of her soul drained from the wound as she clutched it with a hand. In her other hand, a Reaper's scythe defensively appeared. This had not been the night she had hoped for...

(( Thank you for the wonderful writing, Daenes. It was very well made!

Quote:

Message: They always tried to get passed him, brute force. What, was there a course somewhere for Being-Cornered-In-An-Alley that he didn't know about? Sciurus was smug as he moved to intercept her. He was fully prepared to take the impact of her weight, but the moment never came. To the doctor's shock, she passed right through him and disappeared. He stopped short, looking around with only his eyes. "?! What the hell? Where did you go?" Sciurus was not a superstitious man by any means, but he was really coming short on a logical explanation.
~the Nightmare Doctor

She broke into a full floating sprint, a quick intake of relief as she escaped passed him. Too tired and still quite injured, she could not prevent her form from fading from the Living realm even if she had wanted to. Gathering her breath and trying to calm her fried nerves, she thought back to the doctor. He had not had any iron or salt on him to stop her escape. Relief from this fact washed over her and she floated to a nearby roof top to recuperate some of her lost energy.

(( Again my thanks, Nightmare Doctor heart ))
Quote:

Fire burn and cauldron bubble.
Cool it with a baboon's blood,
Then the charm is firm and good.

Enjoy this bubbling charm of your own. Happy Halloween!

"Thank you for the small poem, Anon," she smiled, "It was quite cute!"

Quote:

Message: You aren't entirely sure how you got here. This side of town was dark and foreboding. Perhaps it was the rain that had turned you around? Regardless, you knew you certainly had to leave.

Turning around you gasp, bumping into someone. You look up, stuttering your apology but your blood runs cold. A tall, dark man stood in the shadows and though you can't make anything out of him (save a large, toothy smile), you feel genuinely afraid for yourself. You take a step backwards, not wanting to pull your gaze from him as he begins to speak.
"Missy miss, you shouldn't be out so late." his voice is smooth like velvet, but there was a tone that sent a chill down your spine.

You continue to walk backwards, your mouth opening to try and make a rebuttal, but your footing slips, knocking into a stray rock, and you fall backwards. You groan, looking back up but find the man gone. Instead of feeling relief you start to look around to find any trace of him ever being there. What you find is a long box and a note with red stains on it:
Kisses to you, across your fair lips
fingers to stroke your side to your hips.

I'll hold you so close up until your death
I'll keep you forever, until I steal your last breath.

-the Bloodstained Gentleman

She shakily stood up, box in hand, looking around her for the man who had just been here moments before. The rain was starting to come down heavier and it distorted her view. Again, the Phantom reread the message, unsure what to make of the man who left it. Clutching it tightly, she began to walk once more; she had to get her bearings and find some warm shelter from this rain. Most importantly, from the man who had made her so unsettled and left such a sensual message.

(( Thank you for the message, Gentleman heart ))
RandomKate

"Your thoughts?"

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

Phantom Anon
"Your thoughts?"

She gave the phantom two thumbs up with a smile. "I like it! The pumpkin is a nice touch too."
RandomKate

She gave the phantom two thumbs up with a smile. "I like it! The pumpkin is a nice touch too."

"I wish I had been able to find a nice, but simple header of sorts. This will have to do though~"

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

Phantom Anon
"I wish I had been able to find a nice, but simple header of sorts. This will have to do though~"

"Not to worry. I think it's fine the way it is!" The young mage said, reassuring her ghostly friend.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff