Welcome to Gaia! ::

Party Member

She said she had a boyfriend.

Then as we consider our fleeting existence, maybe we could recognise that most of the world consists of people living the only life they've got in desperate poverty, and pain. Even if there is no karmic or eternal retribution for our actions, at least helping those less fortunate will make their lives better. burning_eyes

You people and your quaint categories.
It's called kindness and compassion.

6,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Edward 100
Tschudy
Life isn't a secret. It's all pointless. You're born, you live life, then you die. Some are born then immediately die and some aren't born at all but that's beside the point.

None of what anybody does in life will matter. Even if they get results, the ones that benefit from those results will just die anyway. And even if we did have immortality, existing for so long would suck because you would eventually do and see everything, then you'd get bored.

Everything I do matters to me, I want to be happy before my life is over. I try not to over-analyze things mainly because it hurts my head, thinking about the meaning of t he universe and life itself, so I just go with the flow and live.

What you need is a bonk on the head so you realize that your time is running out and you should try and affect other people's lives as much as possible (In a positive way) so others can live just as well as you. 4laugh
Natural selection, anyone? No? Just me?
everyone should care because if we were in the same situation we, would want some one to help us. if you werent selfish you would want to help. crying

7,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
we should care because if anything hapens were we live we would like people to help us. it is humane.
Lord Excelsior XI
Alfred aka America
Because we can think and use REASON. Elephants always help each other when something bad happens to one of them, pretend we all live in herds.

Reason dictates that we should leave them to suffer; emotion dictates that we should help them.
How does reason dictate that we should leave them to suffer?
XxAutomaton_AvalonxX
Natural selection, anyone? No? Just me?
We've kind of passed the point of defying that have we not? Medicine and such. Plus we have what you could suggest are teams of people whose job it is to be dispatched to stop people from dying when they do something stupid. Such as accidentally burning their house down. Stuff like that.
Princess Italia
everyone should care because if we were in the same situation we, would want some one to help us. if you werent selfish you would want to help. crying
Actually it is quite selfish to help someone purely because you would want them to help you. To be honest that never crossed my mind. I just think it's nice to help people because it's what you do. If you CAN help you DO help. If you stand by and let them die, then you should also stand by when you see someone drowning.
Okay, this is probaby the simplest answer to, like, the dumbest question: Because we'd want someone rich to do the same for us if we were in that position. Imagine it... Yes, you know it's true. Talk about inconsiderate!
xx-TheClaw
well, you don't care because your an idiot.
Actually in terms of intellegence and survival not caring about people you'll never meet and not sending your resources away to them is the more intelligent thing to do but thats not this persons angle and as other people have said we are humans and we tend to to what we feel is right weather or not its the soundest move we can make
well first of all you must help... what if in the future youre the one who need help... you might never know they too would lend a hand...
Samurai_thea
well first of all you must help... what if in the future youre the one who need help... you might never know they too would lend a hand...

We've already gotten rude comments about how nobody would help 'us' and laugh if it happened. Plus, that seems to be your only argument. The things that have been said on both sides are insulting yet somehow media bias decides to sugarcoat ******** everything.

Quote:
A volunteer from Wyclef Jean's Yele Haiti foundation has reportedly been killed.

The hip-hop star, who has raised over $1 million for his charity through text donations, has announced the death of his volunteer after a desperate Haitian shot Jean's colleague in a carjacking, according to Contactmusic.

HE WAS DESPERATE! HE NEEDED HELP! HE NEEDED MONEY! Despite the fact that the man he killed raise one million dollars. Country of starving ******** crooks, and the only part I end up supporting is the idea that they're moving now orphaned kids to other places. We need to get children the hell out of there; some of them haven't yet been scarred by the fallacies of Haiti and everyone in it. Some of them already have been scarred but that's beside the point.

Haiti got money. Haiti got help. If money was the issue, the problem would be solved. If volunteers were the issue, the problem would be solved. Yet we get stories in the news about murder and rape and what do we do? Reach out and use their lifestyle as an excuse. Some of the people who are going there to help are putting themselves in vital positions.
MycroftCrowley
Samurai_thea

We've already gotten rude comments about how nobody would help 'us' and laugh if it happened. Plus, that seems to be your only argument. The things that have been said on both sides are insulting yet somehow media bias decides to sugarcoat ******** everything.

Quote:
A volunteer from Wyclef Jean's Yele Haiti foundation has reportedly been killed.

The hip-hop star, who has raised over $1 million for his charity through text donations, has announced the death of his volunteer after a desperate Haitian shot Jean's colleague in a carjacking, according to Contactmusic.

HE WAS DESPERATE! HE NEEDED HELP! HE NEEDED MONEY! Despite the fact that the man he killed raise one million dollars. Country of starving ******** crooks, and the only part I end up supporting is the idea that they're moving now orphaned kids to other places. We need to get children the hell out of there; some of them haven't yet been scarred by the fallacies of Haiti and everyone in it. Some of them already have been scarred but that's beside the point.

Haiti got money. Haiti got help. If money was the issue, the problem would be solved. If volunteers were the issue, the problem would be solved. Yet we get stories in the news about murder and rape and what do we do? Reach out and use their lifestyle as an excuse. Some of the people who are going there to help are putting themselves in vital positions.

Don't listen to this guy. He is psycho, he started a crazy argument with me, researched me on my Fanfic site, my profile, and my youtube account and posted stuff. He went through my comments and he is pyscho. Don't bother wasting your time on him. He is here to annoy people. He said so himself.
JazziLoveBerry
Don't listen to this guy. He is psycho, he started a crazy argument with me, researched me on my Fanfic site, my profile, and my youtube account and posted stuff. He went through my comments and he is pyscho. Don't bother wasting your time on him. He is here to annoy people. He said so himself.

This has nothing to do with what I posted. Also, read the PM. Don't run around trying to slander me. I have no issue sharing the following information:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/haiti-quake/what-the-is-up-with-some-of-you/t.57921999_91/
Otherwise I wouldn't have POSTED IT IN THE THREAD.

Back to the topic.
People are dying.
People are being raped.
People are being carjacked.
Shot.
Murdered.
So we should donate!
And then all the money is taken out privately to pay off the charity runner's taxes, held by people who are misusing it, and forcing people into prostitution for food.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff