Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Edward 100
Orgasmic - nice thread! This definitely has the more intelligent people of Gaia responding.

At this point, I just hope this guy suffers for what is left of his miserable life. How can someone really be so heartless to those who have survived a disaster like this? This is why I have nothing to do with religion. People like piss me off too much. And what about the people who are complaining about what aid is being sent? WTF man? The people of Haiti have just lost everything, and they need all the help they can get!

I personally would donate, if i wasn't already having my own issues with money and school books. I hope that a lot more money finds it's way to aid these unfortunate people that didn't deserve this.

Liberal Capitalist

10,200 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
kuroi_chii1
If only the idiots in the CB were replaced by level headed people like you.

Scratch that if only idiots everywhere were replaced by level headed people like you.

Aww, thank you! I admit, I'm inhumane if you hand me my favorite fandoms [YGO, Hetalia] and I'm one heck of a fangirl otaku, but I can be serious for serious topics. You should see me when I'm nuts though. xd

In the end, idiots need not be replaced. If everyone looked at the world the way I did, no problems at all. This sounds rude, but let me explain.

Victims shouldn't be counted. It's not about one dead, or two dead, or 100, or 100,00 or 3 million. It's about that one life that could have been yours or someone you love, someone you know. Its that one life that deserves the same rights and freedoms and chances and experiences and opportunities that you and I have. It's that one soul that will never get the chance to really live life. It's that one life that's gone now.

And if you value that one life, and then TIMES IT BY TWO, OR THREE, OR A THOUSAND, OR A MILLION, IT'S HUGE!!! IT'S IMPORTANT!!! IT'S HEARTBREAKING!!

And NOW, everything matters!! Every second, every dollar, every moment - it all matters. That's what is important. That belief in life is my religion, and what I use to drive my motives and opinions. I try.
Orgasmic Honey Roll
Acora Z3RO
xiiPUERTO RICOiix
maybe they didnt had a pact with the devil but a lot of them practice voodoo isnt that have to do something with the devil?
Being the hero is relative...

See, this pisses me off. You're basing what you believe in a total lack of proof. In fact the majority of Haiti is Roman Catholic nowadays, and even the ones who practice Haitian Vodou don't worship the Devil. Haitian Vodou is a mix of Caribbean religions, and African ones. They don't even have a devil in their religion.

...But sniper bullets aren't.

And there we are. Voodoo is merely a tribal religion. It's not bad to believe in Native American gods, so I don't see what's the difference. However, voodoo has been commonly shown as a bad thing, which is terrible. But heck, if the red scare is still around, I'm not surprised.

And thanks Heian! That means a lot to me. How are you doing?

It really is terrible. I mean, the media portrays Voodoo as sacrificing chickens and babies to Satan, which is total bullshit. Sure, there are historic accounts of voodoo practitioners sacrificing chickens and lamb, but hell, the main book of Christianity talks about how you should sacrifice an ox every day.

And by 'red scare', do you mean the fear of communism that was prominent in the fifties and sixties?

Magical Man-Lover

16,900 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Acora Z3RO

It really is terrible. I mean, the media portrays Voodoo as sacrificing chickens and babies to Satan, which is total bullshit. Sure, there are historic accounts of voodoo practitioners sacrificing chickens and lamb, but hell, the main book of Christianity talks about how you should sacrifice an ox every day.

Darn straight, man! Anyone that's read even part of the Bible can find a passage about when and how to sacrifice what animal for what ever purpose.

I can just envision the gumbies from Monty Python stumbling around as the people whining about what Haiti's culture is. What a country's culture is should have absolutely no bearing on whether or not we help their suffering citizens.

Liberal Capitalist

10,200 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
HeianWarrior
Hey Orgasmic - nice thread post! I heard about this guy from a classmate and was just shocked that anyone could be so heartless after such a devastating natural disaster in a country as poor as Haiti.

I bet few people know that Haiti was THE top producer of sugar and coffee in the 1700s. It was a very prosperous nation for quite some time until the fight for independence - upon which slavery ended and the people were left to survive as unpaid workers. From then on, the country has been severely impoverished. Thank you 11th grade history class. I suppose it's one reason I feel so strongly about this disaster...

Plus, we hear about the deforestation, the lack of building regulations, and so on. It's a sad, sad world. As one rescue worker was quoted, "What happens after the help has left? Will there even be an after?"

That's a good question. It's hard to think of an after. Haiti really is terribly poor. I truly believe that third world countries can trace most of their problems and poverty to imperialism. Most historians believe it, and so do I. America is strong because we kicked out England before England could take all of our resources. Other countries, like Haiti, like in Africa, aren't so lucky. European imperialism is scary. To be honest, it's amazing what China has done. It was a country of colonies and drugged beggars, but once Mao Zedong reunited China, it all changed. Sure, it's communism, but if you ask a Chinese person what they think, I'm sure they think its better now. And today would not have come without Mao Zedong. That was his role.

For Haiti, international help can only go so far. They need to do some serious problem-solving. It can't be an international charity case forever. It should be one now, since the earthquake has hit, but it can't be its own country like that. It just can't.
Some spokeman called him an idiot.

SO MUCH WIN.

Liberal Capitalist

10,200 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Kinona
Orgasmic - nice thread! This definitely has the more intelligent people of Gaia responding.

At this point, I just hope this guy suffers for what is left of his miserable life. How can someone really be so heartless to those who have survived a disaster like this? This is why I have nothing to do with religion. People like piss me off too much. And what about the people who are complaining about what aid is being sent? WTF man? The people of Haiti have just lost everything, and they need all the help they can get!

I personally would donate, if i wasn't already having my own issues with money and school books. I hope that a lot more money finds it's way to aid these unfortunate people that didn't deserve this.

The title of this thread was originally Pat Robinson, but then I realized why such a controversial topic wasn't getting more posters: nobody knew about it much yet. At least, the people online now didn't know. So I changed it into a more newspaper worthy title. It worked.
alison234
I like how you think.

Liberal Capitalist

10,200 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Acora Z3RO
Orgasmic Honey Roll
Acora Z3RO
xiiPUERTO RICOiix
maybe they didnt had a pact with the devil but a lot of them practice voodoo isnt that have to do something with the devil?

See, this pisses me off. You're basing what you believe in a total lack of proof. In fact the majority of Haiti is Roman Catholic nowadays, and even the ones who practice Haitian Vodou don't worship the Devil. Haitian Vodou is a mix of Caribbean religions, and African ones. They don't even have a devil in their religion.

And there we are. Voodoo is merely a tribal religion. It's not bad to believe in Native American gods, so I don't see what's the difference. However, voodoo has been commonly shown as a bad thing, which is terrible. But heck, if the red scare is still around, I'm not surprised.

And thanks Heian! That means a lot to me. How are you doing?

And by 'red scare', do you mean the fear of communism that was prominent in the fifties and sixties?

Yup! I understand, coming from Cold War scares, but if its still around now, really? American should be cautious around China, sure, but that applies to all nations. That doesn't mean prejudices should exist. That's just not right.

Which is why China's playing the eager puppy when it comes to being all benevolent and nice to others in the international world. Why not? Haiti is suffering, China shows up to help first, looks good! I have no doubt that China's leaders know about how America looks at communism. It's no secret.
HeianWarrior
Acora Z3RO

Darn straight, man! Anyone that's read even part of the Bible can find a passage about when and how to sacrifice what animal for what ever purpose.

I can just envision the gumbies from Monty Python stumbling around as the people whining about what Haiti's culture is. What a country's culture is should have absolutely no bearing on whether or not we help their suffering citizens.

Seriously. And then there are all the people who are getting mad at the US for helping Haiti. I mean, sure, we're recovering from an economic crisis, but that doesn't mean we can't help people. The US is the most powerful country in the world, and it's our duty to help those in need.

Magical Man-Lover

16,900 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Orgasmic Honey Roll
That's a good question. It's hard to think of an after. Haiti really is terribly poor. I truly believe that third world countries can trace most of their problems and poverty to imperialism. Most historians believe it, and so do I. America is strong because we kicked out England before England could take all of our resources. Other countries, like Haiti, like in Africa, aren't so lucky. European imperialism is scary. To be honest, it's amazing what China has done. It was a country of colonies and drugged beggars, but once Mao Zedong reunited China, it all changed. Sure, it's communism, but if you ask a Chinese person what they think, I'm sure they think its better now. And today would not have come without Mao Zedong. That was his role.

For Haiti, international help can only go so far. They need to do some serious problem-solving. It can't be an international charity case forever. It should be one now, since the earthquake has hit, but it can't be its own country like that. It just can't.

America has been helping Haiti for a while. The country experienced several other large natural disasters over the past decade or so that killed thousands and America sent aid every time. It's sad to think that the aid is only temporary, that the country won't be able to 'get back on its feet'...

It's also sad that Cuba grew up basically alongside Haiti back in the colonial era. However, it managed to escape into an arguably better society with its revolution. Haiti did not.

Liberal Capitalist

10,200 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Acora Z3RO
HeianWarrior
Acora Z3RO

Seriously. And then there are all the people who are getting mad at the US for helping Haiti. I mean, sure, we're recovering from an economic crisis, but that doesn't mean we can't help people. The US is the most powerful country in the world, and it's our duty to help those in need.

People are getting mad? Why?

5,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Edward 100
Orgasmic Honey Roll
Kinona

The title of this thread was originally Pat Robinson, but then I realized why such a controversial topic wasn't getting more posters: nobody knew about it much yet. At least, the people online now didn't know. So I changed it into a more newspaper worthy title. It worked.

That it did. The title you changed it to is what attracted me, to tell you the true. But it really is a subject that needs to be talked about, but not in the way that some people seem to have taken it. It's Bull**** if you ask me..... complete BS how some idiots have reacted to this. how they are talking about it....

Magical Man-Lover

16,900 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Acora Z3RO

Couldn't agree more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas