Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Genius

5,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Wind Adventurer
LenGe
I'm so glad I was born into a christian family. If I was born into a catholic one, I'd probably be brainwashed that an old white guy called the Pope is God's messenger to the earth
Ah, I undearstand how you feel , though I was bornt in a catholic one, and just because I turned into a christian now I'm the black sheep of the family , though I don't really mind whatever they say about it, because I've learned not to follow a religion but to follow God , that's why I prefer being a christian over a catholic 3nodding 4laugh

Though at the same time I can say it doesn't really matters to a point weather you are christian or catholic, you might find mistakes inside both of them , and what matters is how each person gets along with God regardless if they are christian or catholic 3nodding

Catholics IS Christians. confused

Premium Detective

little_boy_luke
Wind Adventurer
LenGe
I'm so glad I was born into a christian family. If I was born into a catholic one, I'd probably be brainwashed that an old white guy called the Pope is God's messenger to the earth
Ah, I undearstand how you feel , though I was bornt in a catholic one, and just because I turned into a christian now I'm the black sheep of the family , though I don't really mind whatever they say about it, because I've learned not to follow a religion but to follow God , that's why I prefer being a christian over a catholic 3nodding 4laugh

Though at the same time I can say it doesn't really matters to a point weather you are christian or catholic, you might find mistakes inside both of them , and what matters is how each person gets along with God regardless if they are christian or catholic 3nodding

I know my bad, I was just trying to differ from how those two christian religions are usualy called, at least around where I live, I should have said catholics and evangelics

7,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
little_boy_luke
Wind Adventurer
LenGe

catholisism is COMPLETELY different from christianity. I'm not a catholic but I beleive tht catholisism is more ritualistic and the think that the pope has some holy and otherworldly power.(which he doesn't) not trying to bash your religion but they are not and never will be the same.

Premium Detective

yvanckatron
little_boy_luke
Wind Adventurer
LenGe

catholisism is COMPLETELY different from christianity. I'm not a catholic but I beleive tht catholisism is more ritualistic and the think that the pope has some holy and otherworldly power.(which he doesn't) not trying to bash your religion but they are not and never will be the same.

I used to be catholic, I undearstand when you say it's not the same, and I undearstand when he says they are christian too, catholics are supposed to be ''christian catholics'', But they do a whole lot of things way different than christians, however, there are still some catholics out there that follow christ the way they should 3nodding

Catholics base their origin on the bible and clain that their chruch was fundated by christ , so catholics would be supposed to be christians.

4,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
Orgasmic Honey Roll
teh_clash
Kate Ramsey, a Caribbean scholar at the University of Miami, says that the "pact to the devil" that evangelical Christian Pat Robertson suggested led to Tuesday's earthquake is a 19th century "fabrication" meant to discredit its slave rebellion and Vodou religion.

pat robertson is just a shithead seeking attention. i got to a christian school where this guy is WORSHIPPED. which is really sad cuz when I read the bible (and want to die...) sounds like jesus loves the poor people. THAT is why i dont go to church. THAT is why faith has been lost...

It contradicts itself. Bible [which was written by humans]asks for mercy and then continues to tell stories about chopping off people's hands. The fact is, if you can be nice simply because you love life and its for goodness's sake, you really don't need religion. People who need religion can't love life. I believe in greater powers, and in merciful and greater magic. I believe in life. I believe in goodness because its not fair to others if you treat them like crap or do them wrong.

Is it really that hard to get people to behave? We have to tell them they'll burn forever in eternal agony and torture just so they won't be jackasses? Really?
yup we not do some stressed
well i'm atheist, so that article is hilarious :'D
well done though, in all seroiusness

Original Genius

5,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
yvanckatron
little_boy_luke
Wind Adventurer
LenGe

NO. Catholics IS Christians. Dis is not is a opinion, it fact. Protestantism (BRANCH of Christian dat you maked arrogant assume is only way for be Christian) woulda not even hab existence without Catholicism.

So, who is you savior is? Is it is Jesus? If dere was no real Christian 'til Martin Luther rebel, den HE woulda be you real savior. rolleyes

Pope only hab infaliable word in Catholicism when he hab speaked ex cathedra. Dis ability dey believes gived him by God. How is dis is different from Protestant branch dat believes in dey faith healers and prophets? rolleyes

And don' maked assume dat I is Catholic. I not is.

Premium Detective

little_boy_luke
yvanckatron
little_boy_luke
Wind Adventurer
LenGe

NO. Catholics IS Christians. Dis is not is a opinion, it fact. Protestantism (BRANCH of Christian dat you maked arrogant assume is only way for be Christian) woulda not even hab existence without Catholicism.

So, who is you savior is? Is it is Jesus? If dere was no real Christian 'til Martin Luther rebel, den HE woulda be you real savior. rolleyes

Pope only hab infaliable word in Catholicism when he hab speaked ex cathedra. Dis ability dey believes gived him by God. How is dis is different from Protestant branch dat believes in dey faith healers and prophets? rolleyes

Yes,Catholic is chrisitians, but if you make some reserach Martin Luther separated from catholisim because they were screwing up by that era, and at some point it doesn't really matters if you are catholic of protestant, They are some catholics who believe some man that's not jesus have powers, there are protestatants that think so too, and they are catholics who have a good relationship with God, there are potestants that do so too, at some point Catholicism is supposed to be bornt the moment Jesus told Peter he's be the rock where he'll build his church, thus Peter is supposed to be the first pope, now taking this from two points of view, from the point where this wasn't a lie, yes, maybe catholicism was bornt there, but it doesn't not means that as the future progressed is stood in the right way, and made mistakes from what it was originaly intended to be thus someone had to step away from them and begin to act the way it would be supposed to.

And from the other point of view, it might not really mean that Peter is the first pope, because if a church was to be bornt from Jesus Christ, wouldn't it make more sence to call it the 'Christian Church' instead of 'Catholic Church' , a church is made by various people following the same belief, so it had to begin with someone.

The fact that catholisim is supposed to be bornt there does not means it is really what it meant to be in the bible.

But as I said, at the end it doesn't matters weather you are Catholic or Protestant, 'coz in some places or areas, you might find errors on both, people no human is perfect , thus what matters is the relationship each individual has with God.

Quotable Phantom

9,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Quote:
Somebody probably got the balls to slap ol Pat with the Proverbial Bakafan x3!!

I would pay a year's tuition to see that.

And Catholicism, for those of you who don't know, is a form of Christianity. Christianity meaning - to follow the life and teachings of Christ. The differentiation came first with Martin Luther and his 96 Thesis, then with the Anglican church and their subsequent split from Rome. Christianity as an over-all encompasses hundreds of various practicing religions from UCC to Presbyterian, event he Amish are christians (and probably better at practicing it then most modernized people).
About Haiti:
God doesn't punish countries for sins. Katrina wasn't because of Mardi Gras. "The wages of sin is death.." (Romans 6:23) doesn't mean God wipes out cities because they're sinful (well, except for Sodom and Gomorrah, and that was some serious crap there. It was also the Old Testament times, when God was doing more visual examples to teach His people the basics.) It means that because Adam and Eve sinned, we will die. People die. It's a fact of life. It also means we suffer eternal life. "..but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23) That means Christ died to pay for our sins. People still die, but those who receive faith as a free gift from God will not suffer eternal death, or hell. Making a pact with the devil is some serious stuff, but the earthquake wasn't their punishment.

About Catholics being Christians:
This is a tough topic. I'm not up to date on the specifics of what Catholics believe, but I know that the center of Christianity is Christ and his sacrifice. Salvation is a free gift, and we need not, can not do anything to earn it. The problem that Catholics have here is the idea of penance. If salvation is a free gift, why do I have to do 10 Hail Marys because I lied? Christ's sacrifice covers that. Because Catholics disagree with this, many protestants say they are not Christian. I am in no place to say Catholics are going to hell. All I know is that anyone who ignores basic, fundamental teachings of scripture cannot call themselves christian.

Original Genius

5,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Wind Adventurer
little_boy_luke
yvanckatron
little_boy_luke
Wind Adventurer
LenGe

Yes,Catholic is chrisitians, but if you make some reserach Martin Luther separated from catholisim because they were screwing up by that era, and at some point it doesn't really matters if you are catholic of protestant, They are some catholics who believe some man that's not jesus have powers, there are protestatants that think so too, and they are catholics who have a good relationship with God, there are potestants that do so too, at some point Catholicism is supposed to be bornt the moment Jesus told Peter he's be the rock where he'll build his church, thus Peter is supposed to be the first pope, now taking this from two points of view, from the point where this wasn't a lie, yes, maybe catholicism was bornt there, but it doesn't not means that as the future progressed is stood in the right way, and made mistakes from what it was originaly intended to be thus someone had to step away from them and begin to act the way it would be supposed to.

And from the other point of view, it might not really mean that Peter is the first pope, because if a church was to be bornt from Jesus Christ, wouldn't it make more sence to call it the 'Christian Church' instead of 'Catholic Church' , a church is made by various people following the same belief, so it had to begin with someone.

The fact that catholisim is supposed to be bornt there does not means it is really what it meant to be in the bible.

But as I said, at the end it doesn't matters weather you are Catholic or Protestant, 'coz in some places or areas, you might find errors on both, people no human is perfect , thus what matters is the relationship each individual has with God.

I needs does research? I is religion studies major, I knows why Martin Luther rebel against church. I never sayed dat he was not was Christian. Only point dat I was maked wit' dat is dat Catholics IS Christians and dat Protestants who believes dat Catholics is not is Christians is arrogant and owes more to Martin Luther den to Jesus.

I woulda never sayed dat Protestants is not is Christians and I agrees dat it not matter if someone Catholic or Protestant, which is why I tinks dat most of you post shoulda be direct at other person.

Original Genius

5,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ich_Liebe_Deutschland

This is a tough topic. I'm not up to date on the specifics of what Catholics believe, but I know that the center of Christianity is Christ and his sacrifice. Salvation is a free gift, and we need not, can not do anything to earn it. The problem that Catholics have here is the idea of penance. If salvation is a free gift, why do I have to do 10 Hail Marys because I lied? Christ's sacrifice covers that. Because Catholics disagree with this, many protestants say they are not Christian. I am in no place to say Catholics are going to hell. All I know is that anyone who ignores basic, fundamental teachings of scripture cannot call themselves christian.

“But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?” -James 2:20

I guesses dat you is not is Christian by you own define. rolleyes

Nevermind fact dat penance is NOT is neccesary for getted to heaven. It neccessary for be pure enough for taked communion, but ultimate if you hab true repentance, you coulda getted into heaven without does dose Hail Mary's. By Catholic teachings:

Quote:
The Church now solemnly acknowledges that the Holy Ghost is truly active in the churches and communities separated from itself. To these other Christian Churches the Catholic Church is bound in many ways: through reverence for God's word in the Scriptures; through the fact of baptism; through other sacraments which they recognize."

The non-Christian may not be blamed for his ignorance of Christ and his Church; salvation is open to him also, if he seeks God sincerely and if he follows the commands of his conscience, for through this means the Holy Ghost acts upon all men; this divine action is not confined within the limited boundaries of the visible Church."

Premium Detective

little_boy_luke
Wind Adventurer
little_boy_luke
yvanckatron
little_boy_luke

I needs does research? I is religion studies major, I knows why Martin Luther rebel against church. I never sayed dat he was not was Christian. Only point dat I was maked wit' dat is dat Catholics IS Christians and dat Protestants who believes dat Catholics is not is Christians is arrogant and owes more to Martin Luther den to Jesus.

I woulda never sayed dat Protestants is not is Christians and I agrees dat it not matter if someone Catholic or Protestant, which is why I tinks dat most of you post shoulda be direct at other person.

Ah yes my fault then, I'm just glad we agree it doesn't matters weather if you are catholic of protestant mrgreen

and I'm also sorry if I've been sounding unfriendly or anything like that , -w- I blame tiredness + flue + allergie, but yeah , my fault
little_boy_luke
Ich_Liebe_Deutschland

“But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?” -James 2:20

I guesses dat you is not is Christian by you own define. rolleyes

Nevermind fact dat penance is NOT is neccesary for getted to heaven. It neccessary for be pure enough for taked communion, but ultimate if you hab true repentance, you coulda getted into heaven without does dose Hail Mary's. By Catholic teachings:

Quote:
The Church now solemnly acknowledges that the Holy Ghost is truly active in the churches and communities separated from itself. To these other Christian Churches the Catholic Church is bound in many ways: through reverence for God's word in the Scriptures; through the fact of baptism; through other sacraments which they recognize."

The non-Christian may not be blamed for his ignorance of Christ and his Church; salvation is open to him also, if he seeks God sincerely and if he follows the commands of his conscience, for through this means the Holy Ghost acts upon all men; this divine action is not confined within the limited boundaries of the visible Church."

that quote from James is tough to hear. But the idea there is that true faith should inspire one to do good works out of thanks and love for God.

Communion is also meant to be a free gift. The disciples didn't do penance before receiving the Last Supper.
"Take, eat, this is my body, which is given for you..."
note the words take and given. It is given for
sinful people. If purity was required for communion, no one could take it. First, no one can accurately recall and identify every sin they've committed, either by commission or ommission. Even if they could, Hail Mary doesn't pay for your sins. They are already paid for by Christ's death. To ask for more payment is to minimize His sacrifice, which is given to us free through scripture, baptism, absolution, and communion.

Original Genius

5,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Wind Adventurer
little_boy_luke
Wind Adventurer
little_boy_luke
yvanckatron
little_boy_luke

Ah yes my fault then, I'm just glad we agree it doesn't matters weather if you are catholic of protestant mrgreen

and I'm also sorry if I've been sounding unfriendly or anything like that , -w- I blame tiredness + flue + allergie, but yeah , my fault

It ok, don' hab no worry.

I hopes dat you feels more better soon. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas