Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Capitalist

10,200 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
I think I should go into International Relations. Has history, but needs less date-memorizing, which I'm terrible at. It's either that, or English teacher.

5,950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
You're one of very few poeple on here who knows what the hell they're talking about.

Ruthless Prophet

11,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Millionaire 200
Sooo, 9/11 caused by the Christian God, eh?

Now maybe he can answer why the terrorists didn't believe in his religion, then?

And how did Japan start the 2nd World War?

I'm pretty sure that involved Hitler invading Poland and causing a chain reaction. America and Japan were AFK at this time. >.>
Being the hero is relative...

He's a Christian extremist. Of course he blames everything bad that happens on someone sinning, or dealing with the devil, or scorning 'God', or some other bullshit.

...But sniper bullets aren't.

Liberal Capitalist

10,200 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Jerba
*Pictures Pat Robinson and makes angry stabbing motions in the air* Goddamn it! I hate that guy! How could people (**Christians, who say theirs is a religion of love!**) have so much HATE? People like that who honestly believe that s**t are MORONS.

-sigh- More or less.

Japan and China was already fighting their Sino-Japanese war. It basically just merged. I was wrong, in a way. Japan didn't start WWII; he just jumped on the bandwagon.

7,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Flatterer 200
maybe they didnt had a pact with the devil but a lot of them practice voodoo isnt that have to do something with the devil?
Vezild
Orgasmic Honey Roll
So Pat Robinson, a televangelist, said that Haiti is suffering because they made a pact with the devil in the 19th century to free themselves from France and now they're paying for it. I don't get him. At first glance, its got history backing it. Or twisted history, if you really think about it.

1. Why the heck would that guy know what Haitians did? Does he chat with the devil on a daily basis? He is old...

2. Seriously? So apparently Haitians are bad people for fighting for their independence. Shoot, if America was getting bullied and taken over by France, wouldn't you go to some serious lengths to get your home back? Really? What about England and the American Revolution? What, so if something really bad happens to America, its because we fought for our independence from England against extreme odds, lucked out and won? Great, we must have made a pact with Satan too, and he's gonna turn England against us. Well, at least this one makes more sense. We're in a recession and England's gotta be pissed that its no longer a superpower. xpp

3. Back to independence. To be honest, the imperialism that many countries shared during that time wasn't exactly nice policies. What really started WWII? Japan and imperialism. Why did China eventually become Communist? Imperialism. Why is Africa always filled with fighting? Imperialism. So, if we were to think on that, then America made a deal with the devil too, since they played the imperialism game, and now we have a recession. Yeah, ok.

4. I don't get Robertson's logic overall. 9/11 happened, and it was because America had abortion, or something like that. Hurricane Katrina, and it was because of some other bad thing America did that was against the word and rules of God. So why is it abortion? Why didn't he pick something else? They're all NOT in chronological order, and they all seem to be as far-fetched as pointing fingers and blaming, aka presidential elections. Why?

Here's the actual article:

http://www.mrc.org/biasalert/2010/20100114030920.aspx

Here's a part of it that shows you what Robertson said.
Quote:
SHIPMAN: But a vengeful God has long been Robertson's weapon of choice. Ariel Sharon’s stroke? Retribution for ceding land to the Palestinians.

ROBERTSON: I'm sad to see him in this condition. The prophet Joel makes it very clear that God has enmity for whose who, quote, "divide my land."

SHIPMAN: September 11, he and Jerry Falwell called it punishment for loose American morals.

JERRY FALWELL: You helped this happen.

PAT ROBERTSON: Well, I totally concur.

SHIPMAN: And Hurricane Katrina, God's anger over abortion.

ROBERTSON: We have killed over 40 million unborn babies in America. Some of the attacks that are coming against us, either by terrorists or by natural disaster, could they be connected in some way?

SHIPMAN: Now, last night, Robertson's ministry tried to explain that he didn't mean to suggest this was the Haitians' fault. He was only talking about a legend. But somehow, George, I think that the Haitians won't be relying on the prayers of Pat Robertson.

And I know Keith doesn't have that great of a reputation and whatnot, but seriously? People are dying, and telling them its because their ancestors made a pact with the devil to fight for their freedom and liberty [American Revolution people! The British are coming to curse us too now!] then that's just gone too far.

Feel free to debate and disagree with me. I really just wanted this to be put out there.

To our Haitian neighbors, we all live on Earth. We all deserve the best in life. Nothing, and nobody, should stop us from getting there. I'm glad aid is going to Haiti now. It really should have been sooner.

You are one smart person. Haitians making a freaking pact with Satan? WTF? That makes no freaking sense! And if that's true and God's wrath is being so fierce, why wasn't that Manson guy struck by lightning or something? Why wasn't Hitler hit by millions of arrows from the angels?

I think It's just pure racism. Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. What is the majority there? African Americans. Why did Haiti get hit? Because a bunch of African Americans made a pact with the devil and won against France? I don't think so, Robertson.

I think religion needs to stop being brought in to this. As they say. "He who is with out sin cast the first stone." Whats a 3rd world country to one person who makes a pact like that. Wheres gods wrath to those who worship false gods. This is Bull *** ****!

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
I couldn't have said it better. Robert P. is a complete idiot, or, to make things ironic, 'a bloody twit-ward'. That guy needs a life and a girlfriend to go with it. The way he thinks is the reason there's so many activists and Atheists out there. Hell, if I believed what he said I would become an Atheist too.

Liberal Capitalist

10,200 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
xiiPUERTO RICOiix
maybe they didnt had a pact with the devil but a lot of them practice voodoo isnt that have to do something with the devil?

Okay, NO. Voodoo is just folklore mythology. That's basically saying that Greek gods and Buddhism and Shintoism and Native American beliefs are evil voodoo magic too.

Liberal Capitalist

10,200 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
emo mist princess
You're one of very few poeple on here who knows what the hell they're talking about.

Thank you! I try. I have lots of smart political and well-informed friends, so I catch on.

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
the post above my first one is funny and has a god point. whenever something epidemic is brought up, it's all, 'this guy made a pact with the devil', or 'it's because god is punishing him/her'. it's freaking ridiculous.

Liberal Capitalist

10,200 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
iMutilate

Now maybe he can answer why the terrorists didn't believe in his religion, then?

I'm pretty sure that involved Hitler invading Poland and causing a chain reaction. America and Japan were AFK at this time. >.>

I fixed my first post. Japan didn't start WWII, but since I am Chinese, my knowledge of WWII will be centered mainly around Asia and the Holocaust. Please see my edit in my first post.
iMutilate

*headdesks*
xiiPUERTO RICOiix
Being the hero is relative...

See, this pisses me off. You're basing what you believe in a total lack of proof. In fact the majority of Haiti is Roman Catholic nowadays, and even the ones who practice Haitian Vodou don't worship the Devil. Haitian Vodou is a mix of Caribbean religions, and African ones. They don't even have a devil in their religion.

...But sniper bullets aren't.
i dident take the time to read that >.>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas