Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kinny Fear
She said she had a boyfriend.

I can delete or edit my post if you want to save face. 3nodding

You people and your quaint categories.

eh =P No use hiding a failure. I'll live.
BlueJizz
If we had an earth quake and millions of people were homeless and people were trapped under all of the rubble, I don't see the Haiti people sending over troops and people to help us.

Dude are you for real? Haiti isn't even a 3rd world country. They don't have "troops", they don't have money, the average haitian makes around $5 a week. Most don't even have running water, they have to walk to a public water supply. They have no infrastructure to speak of. Now take that, add over 150,000 dead, no heavy equipment to clear rubble out of the streets, very little food or water and no place to live for most that survived. What do you want them to do? Eat each other?

Don't be ignorant, they need it more then we do.
BlueJizz
[ d i v a ]
Haiti wouldn't send help to us because they CAN'T. They wouldn't have the monetary means or manpower to do anything to help a giant country like the US.

We should help Haiti because we CAN.e have the money, we have people willing, we have the resources. WE CAN. And we should. Without a doubt.

Yes we do have the money, but that money could be used to help OUT US.
Haiti would not help anyway even if they had the manpower or anything.
The Haiti country was a piece of s**t country anyway...since that earth quake it has been said that the Haiti country is going to be 50 years in the past, there is no use helping them. The u.s should help the u.s and only the u.s.

You're so selfish! And ugly.

Green Smoker

sophia vader
BlueJizz

The Haiti country was a piece of s**t country anyway...since that earth quake it has been said that the Haiti country is going to be 50 years in the past, there is no use helping them. The u.s should help the u.s and only the u.s.

Thank you for deconstructing his argument in a way both logical and poignant.

Kinny Fear
sophia vader
BlueJizz

Thank you for deconstructing his argument in a way both logical and poignant.

=/ Are insults all that are used when they can't logically fight an argument? This is rather sad. I mean the logical thing to say was (in my point of view) This:

That money was already paid for with your taxes and taken out of a program that is over 50 years old. It was started after WWII when we decided foreign affairs might be a good idea. Somewhere on this Forum thread... (might update with a link to it soon if i find it) is a list of those that sent aid during hurricane Katrina. a percentage of those were *gasp!* poor countries that barely had enough for themselves! Oh and one government we derailed and they still donated and, oh look! they still helped! And to say Haiti is a piece of s**t country is pretty well... i'll come out and say it. Stupid.

I say this for the reason that it makes you sound very uneducated and haven't even bothered to pick up so much as a book, or research articles form an accredited site for that matter. Bluejizz, This thread (I will admit) is extremely unwarranted because it says what you think we shouldn't do. I got news for ya buddy. You don't know jack about it. You don't know anything about the situation to say "Oh, they're a piece of s**t country, our money is better going elsewhere... to us! would be good!"

I would absolutely hate to be your next door neighbor. "Oh my neighbors a piece of s**t! use the money on me instead!" that's about the equivalency of it. You obviously also don't know jack about social responsibility, that money being 'invested!' not given, is being used to purchase items like tents, bottled water, medical equipment and supplies like medicine. It is used to buy blankets and food. But not only is money being given. Other countries have sent over teams of psychiatrists for grief counseling and to help those that were really mind-screwed with the event so devastating. Others have sent search teams to aide with the search of bodies dead or alive.

And others have like the US pledged money and that money is dumped right back into the world economy. Its good for us! Creates jobs if even for a short while to produce needed items that are being purchased. The economy is very globalized. One of the reasons China will never call us on our debt. Because if we fail? Guess what? The entire world is screwed. =/ That is because the US holds the larger consumer base in the trade. Everyone else.
Don't be conceited. Oh! WE need the money. OR ELSE I CAN'T PAY FOR MY UNLIMITED TEXTING PLAN!... Yeah :T

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
I understand how you're thinking, and partly agree with you, but... I think you should be proud!

Do you know what Sweden did to help Haiti? After like...3 weeks, we sent 7 people there....And they weren't eaven doctors...they were just...people who normaly sat in front of a computer all day long!! What did Sweden think they could acomplish?Sweden is a lovly county...but when it relly matters, our goverment are just a bunch of cowards (AARGH!!! scream )

The US, on the other hand, relly helped. Eaventhough Haiti didn't help you when you had a hard time, you helpt them, and that, I think, is true humanety.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff