Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaians in the news -- click here to check it out!

Edit on 1/25: Several sharp-eyed Gaians noticed that the Red Cross removed the "Company" field in the form for whatever reason. We're not sure why, and maybe it'll come back soon. In any case, we certainly don't want to discourage you from donating to such a worthy cause - even if you can't credit it to Gaia, there should be other organizations doing donation-matching as well if you want to maximize your funds. Doing a few searches will hopefully bring up some options. We'll be keeping an eye on whether that field comes back as well.

----------

The massive earthquake that hit Haiti earlier this week has created a full-blown humanitarian crisis, and we want to help however we can. Starting right now, any Gaian who makes a financial donation to the Red Cross for their relief efforts and follows the steps below will have their donation matched by Gaia, up to $10,000. That means that every dollar donated (up to the limit) is actually worth double. In fact, you don't even need to be a Gaian user to take advantage of the matching! If you know someone who wants to donate but isn't a Gaia user, go ahead and have them use the steps below as well - that way, Gaians can lend even more of a helping hand by encouraging others to give and have their donation doubled too.

To have your donation matched by Gaia:

-Visit www.redcross.org.

-Click the red "Donate Now" button in the upper right-hand corner.
User Image

-Select "Haiti Relief and Development" from the list (as of this writing it's the second one down) and hit Continue
User Image

-When you're filling out the form, put "Gaia Online" (without quotes) in the "Company/Organization Name" field. Please make sure to put this in exactly so that the Red Cross can tell where the donation came from. Otherwise we won't be able to match the donation correctly.
User Image

Want to help squeeze every last dollar out of Gaia's matching donation offer? You can share this thread with friends on Facebook, Twitter and MySpace to help us reach our donation goal:

Astronomer

Awesome idea! cool
I will go there now.

4,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
thats so sad T-T

7,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
don't worry i'm going to donate like $10

6,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
i wish i had a giant helicopter so i could pick up every one in hati and save them crying
Hmmm, sucks for dem.

Spacey Strawberry

VariN and I are donating what we can now. ♥

Anxious Explorer

6,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
can we donate with our cells like when buying items??
how depressing. my school is doing a can drive for them.
im trying to get as much as i cans because if we do. we'll go ice skating. :B
How long will we be able to donate?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas