Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you dontante? If so what?

Yes; Donated Money / Food / Etc. 0.54166666666667 54.2% [ 13 ]
Yes; Served Time / Helped Out 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
No; Can't Donate but Wanting Too 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 8 ]
No :( 0.125 12.5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 24 ]

Just a topic to see who doanted money/time for the people of Haiti.
For those of you who dont know,
On January 12, 2010, at 21:53 UTC, (4:53 pm local time) Haiti was struck by a magnitude-7.0 earthquake, the country's most severe earthquake in over 200 years. The epicenter of the quake was just outside the Haitian capital Port-au-Prince. It has been estimated that the death toll could reach 200,000.[48] Widespread damage resulted from the quake. The capital city was devastated. The Presidential Palace was badly damaged, with the second floor entirely collapsing onto the first floor; the Haitan Parliament building, UN mission headquarters and the National Cathedral were also destroyed. International aid flowed in but was hampered by damaged infrastructure: the main port was damaged beyond immediate use, the one local airport was of limited capacity and border crossings with the Dominincan Republic were distant and crowded. As many as one million Haitians were left homeless.

So lets hear what you've done, or what you want to do to help those of Haiti. Thanks and I hope that the vicitims of the Earthquakes get better as the days pass by.

Newbie Noob

9,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Overstocked 200
Wrong forum. While it IS heart breaking what happened you should still stick to the rules. I believe there is a Haiti forum you can post this in, I think you can even post this in the CB (Chatter Box).

4,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
I donated some money, it may be small... but it will help in the long run.

Eloquent Streaker

Even if I had money to donate, I wouldn't. I need that money for myself, and it's not my job to help people in need.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My famiy will donate a total of $200.00 and our
government will match that to make a total of $400.00 towards Haiti.
I am donating through text, though it's not much compare to some people. ^^;

Mythical Superfan

26,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Havent donated because my family is poor.
i donated food n clothes, it was a school project in Dominican Republic biggrin
Nah, I'll just wait till they annex Haiti, then my taxes will start going there anyway. Frankly I see annexation as the only wait for Haiti to pay the US back.
I really feel for the people of Haiti! I know what it's like to be in pain after the car accident I had when I was 21. I have back injuries that I've learned to live with so I know how horrible it can be to be in chronic pain. Even with all the treatments and surgery I received I'm still not 100%. At least I have the benefit of an excellent massage therapist nj. Something the kids in Haiti will likely never have!
I kinda felt bad the day after the quake, so I donated 65 cents to my school's Haiti charity (It was all I had on me at the time).

Shortly after, I realized it was Haiti, and pondered why I donated anything at all to that hell hole.

Oh, how I wish I had my 65 cents back.
Shady Person
Wrong forum. While it IS heart breaking what happened you should still stick to the rules. I believe there is a Haiti forum you can post this in, I think you can even post this in the CB (Chatter Box).
I don't see Haiti becoming slightly more of a hell hole as heartbreaking.
Yeah, its like having an ice cream cone with bits of gravel in it, then dropping it on the sidewalk. Sure the cone is cracked and theres more dirt in it but who really gives a s**t in the long run?

Lavish Lunatic

No.... </3

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
my school did this thing so ya i donated yay woot *sigh*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash