Welcome to Gaia! ::

bliss-xo
x L a w l i e t
There's been literally 7 fundraisers at my school for Haiti.
Dear god,
and the president of Haiti practically blamed the US for the Earthquake.
Because somehow people can make and control Earthquakes.
Why do we constantly help people who hate us?

I swear, the moment the US has some freak, nation crushing storm/event no one is going to come to our rescue.
Why the hell do we focus so much on helping others that have absolutely no affect on us?
Is it written somewhere that we have to take care of everyone else, every single time something bad happens?

Sure, I sound really selfish,
but when life comes down to it,
if we lived in the age of no internet and no TV
we wouldn't even know Haiti had been hit.
And it's every man for himself.

Edit;
It's also called natural selection.

User Image One Republic

♥ I think that, that is complete bullshit (excuse my language). I cannot tell you how many American's I have heard say this exact same thing. That is a more than selfish attitude. Who cares about Haiti's government and how they run things right now. These people had nothing to begin with and are now left with even less. You can sit on your computer and act all high and mighty and talk about how Haiti should be ignored when most of the people in Haiti have never even seen a computer. Many people prayed and did what they could to help the USA during Katrina and 9/11 so you really can't sit there and say anything about people not helping the United states. I can't tell you how long I had to hear about New Orleans and the twin towers, to this day I still hear about them and to this day people are STILL helping to fund and rebuild both situations. So, next time something happens to America.. when they're asking for people's help and positive thoughts.. then we should, what? ignore them? No, because that's not the answer. And that wouldn't go over very well at all with them.

The fact is that we don't live in an age where we do not know what is happening in the world. We live in a time where we can get information on anywhere in less than a minute. The fact that we can do that is a wonderful thing. Not only do we gain knowledge but in times of need, we can help.

This does affect everyone. Whether it is obvious or not. Anything like this that happens in the world affects you. Heck, I am sure you know someone or have met someone who has been personally attached to this place. So many people lost family and friends in that earthquake, people from all over the world. I know many Canadians were in Haiti when that happened and it is the Governor General of Canada's ( Michaëlle Jean) home, she was a refugee from Haiti. Knowing that, I have to conclude that American's were there as well, so if you were not connected to a Haitian in some way, you are at least connected to an American that was there by simply being from the same place.

Haiti has continued to suffer for many, many years. They were the only country in the world to have freed themselves from slavery ( from the french, which is why they speak french and creole ( creole is kind of a broken french)) with their rebellion. Because of this, when they tried to declare themselves a country and continue on their own, the french made them pay. Which is one of the reasons they are so poor.

When Port-au-Prince ( the Haitian capital) was hit it destroyed everything from their government buildings and businesses to taking the lives of over 150,000 people. Not only has this disaster struck them and ruined many lives, Haiti is now dealing with flooding.

My point is a very simple one: open your eyes.

&& to the topic starter: I have donated to Haiti, as well made the resources on information to donate readily available to my friends and family. The Haitians have suffered enough, the least we can do as developed countries with more than we need is to give people who have nothing, what we can. ♥

I'd take another chance, take a fall
Take a shot for you
And I need you like a heart needs a beat
But it's nothin' new...

User Image
Apologize

You said it better than I could!
We've done enough for Haiti already.
Now they're just being greedy.
I love how before the earthquake, no one gave two shits about Haiti. But BAM Earthquake, and now everyone feels they have to help. You ******** assholes. Just makes you seem like your seeking attention for your moral choices. Just a douchebag move
Ok 1st off where did haiti come from 2nd they hardly helped when katrina hit florida and 3rd what obama did was reckless giving away 10k for haiti a country that nobody ever heard of untill that earthquake hit =w=
They could just move the ******** away from Haiti and try for jobs.
Sorry, but I like my hard earned money in my bank account.
bliss-xo
x L a w l i e t
There's been literally 7 fundraisers at my school for Haiti.
Dear god,
and the president of Haiti practically blamed the US for the Earthquake.
Because somehow people can make and control Earthquakes.
Why do we constantly help people who hate us?

I swear, the moment the US has some freak, nation crushing storm/event no one is going to come to our rescue.
Why the hell do we focus so much on helping others that have absolutely no affect on us?
Is it written somewhere that we have to take care of everyone else, every single time something bad happens?

Sure, I sound really selfish,
but when life comes down to it,
if we lived in the age of no internet and no TV
we wouldn't even know Haiti had been hit.
And it's every man for himself.

Edit;
It's also called natural selection.

User Image One Republic

♥ I think that, that is complete bullshit (excuse my language). I cannot tell you how many American's I have heard say this exact same thing. That is a more than selfish attitude. Who cares about Haiti's government and how they run things right now. These people had nothing to begin with and are now left with even less. You can sit on your computer and act all high and mighty and talk about how Haiti should be ignored when most of the people in Haiti have never even seen a computer. Many people prayed and did what they could to help the USA during Katrina and 9/11 so you really can't sit there and say anything about people not helping the United states. I can't tell you how long I had to hear about New Orleans and the twin towers, to this day I still hear about them and to this day people are STILL helping to fund and rebuild both situations. So, next time something happens to America.. when they're asking for people's help and positive thoughts.. then we should, what? ignore them? No, because that's not the answer. And that wouldn't go over very well at all with them.

The fact is that we don't live in an age where we do not know what is happening in the world. We live in a time where we can get information on anywhere in less than a minute. The fact that we can do that is a wonderful thing. Not only do we gain knowledge but in times of need, we can help.

This does affect everyone. Whether it is obvious or not. Anything like this that happens in the world affects you. Heck, I am sure you know someone or have met someone who has been personally attached to this place. So many people lost family and friends in that earthquake, people from all over the world. I know many Canadians were in Haiti when that happened and it is the Governor General of Canada's ( Michaëlle Jean) home, she was a refugee from Haiti. Knowing that, I have to conclude that American's were there as well, so if you were not connected to a Haitian in some way, you are at least connected to an American that was there by simply being from the same place.

Haiti has continued to suffer for many, many years. They were the only country in the world to have freed themselves from slavery ( from the french, which is why they speak french and creole ( creole is kind of a broken french)) with their rebellion. Because of this, when they tried to declare themselves a country and continue on their own, the french made them pay. Which is one of the reasons they are so poor.

When Port-au-Prince ( the Haitian capital) was hit it destroyed everything from their government buildings and businesses to taking the lives of over 150,000 people. Not only has this disaster struck them and ruined many lives, Haiti is now dealing with flooding.

My point is a very simple one: open your eyes.

&& to the topic starter: I have donated to Haiti, as well made the resources on information to donate readily available to my friends and family. The Haitians have suffered enough, the least we can do as developed countries with more than we need is to give people who have nothing, what we can. ♥

I'd take another chance, take a fall
Take a shot for you
And I need you like a heart needs a beat
But it's nothin' new...

User Image
Apologize

i have open my eyes. but i will not help.
Last I checked, Chile and Turkey had earthquakes too. Haiti isn't the only one out there.
haiti doesnt deserve the money give it to me biggrin
u know wat die all of u die im a nice person tho but it seems u dont care about anything all of u go die now i care about haiti T~T no body cares but me only

6,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
i have said this from the beginning of this whole ******** HAITI!care about our country first then theirs...who agrees?
omg askira3, are you seriously telling us to be nice? You're no ******** better, telling us all to go die when you claim to be nice. sure that's SOOO nice wishing a death wish on someone -_- face it you're no better than us.
You can't call assholes for wanting to put our country first before anyone else. I bet you didn't even know Haiti exist till the earthquake happen there. Haiti has been ******** up for a long time, so why care now? face it, the U.S has their own problems to deal with it. We have homeless people here as well. I rather help my own family then someone else's family in a heart beat. I'm suddenly selfish for that? No I'm not, I love my family, not Haiti. Get over it. btw, If you want to help Haiti, you should have help them a LONG time ago. oh and if you tell me, "what if you were them blah blah blah bullshit" I'll tell you right now, I'm NOT them. Do I need to say more?
Near-Nate River-Near
We've given more than enough to Haiti. Has anyone noticed the total amount of cash we've given to Haiti couldve dramatically helped US get out of debt!? We should start making funds for us because we're in a crisis, some of us a suffering, people are jobless, and some now homeless. And if we wait, it's just gonna get worse

Have you ever thought that Haiti still needs more. You already have it good. A homeless person that can eat out of the trash has it even better. Some people have their food stolen away because other people are JUST so hungry. The amount they have to eat is probably just a snack. They probably can't even take a decent shower. Before, you ever go on talking about yourself compare the debt of the US to Haiti's disaster even worst damage than Chile.So stop being ignorant.
Seriously? America is almost in worse condition than Haiti, yeah it's horrible people are suffering and everything but we have to worry about ourselves first.
I feel REALLY bad for Haiti. And I donated and stuff, but NOBODY payed attention to Haiti before the EarthQuake. And now everyone's all sad and stuff... what happened before the earthquake? It was still a poor country.

But, That's just what I think ;D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces