Welcome to Gaia! ::

We should be focusing on our own poverty and our own homeless before we start donating our money to other countries. Really, Haiti was poor to begin with, and only in the face of danger did we decide to help them. Why? To boost our image? If they never were hit, we never would've helped them in the first palce.
askira3
people Haiti had an earthquake and singer and famous people are helping haiti and makeing songs 2 help haiti i care about these stuff and i want u to help haiti people are losing homes and rebuilding them now but they need cash to rebuild and i hope u help haiti and if u wanna hear the song then go to world25.org to listen to the song its a really good song but plz donate and help HAITI!

To hell with HAITI, HAITI can burn to the ground! let them DIE!

And it should be, since the government is corrupt and I'm pretty sure 99% of the people in haiti hate white people, So let them die...

Dangerous Seeker

12,250 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
Veolin
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
Veolin
So they were homeless and jobless before the earthquake when we didn't give a s**t, but now that it's after the earthquake, it's suddenly our responsibility to help them because they are "homeless and jobless"?

I'm a personal advocate of getting your s**t strait in your own country before rushing off to try and save everyone else... *cough*US*cough*
"Every scar is a lesson...

Agreed. God forbid the US government get off their a** and help OUR country. What about everyone in the US that's "homeless and jobless"? I'd be more willing to donate to that effort... If I had a gorram job. Why don't I have a job? Because this country is run by ******** that have ruined our economy to the point where I can't FIND one...

...Every battle a test of what you have learned."

User Image
My point exactly! My breaking point on the subject was when my local news started broadcasting efforts to get money and tents together for Haiti's homeless, "because it's so horrible that these people can't support themselves". And in the next breath of the broadcast, they started talking about the homeless here where I live. But not in an effort to help them... oh no. They want to prosecute them. The job market here went to crap, 1/3rd of the population loosing their jobs and many having to move onto the street as the shelters are now over crowded. So there's a large, long running ditch that many of the homeless are now using to build makeshift homes to help them survive because they can't even afford to move away. Now the city wants to make it illegal for them to live outside of a shelter, which will mean jail time instead of trying to help make new jobs or build more shelters. Its freaking retarded. So basically, my city wants to prosecute our homeless for being homeless, but help people in Haiti for being homeless...

I agree 100%. I think before we go help other countries, ours should be stable first.
No offense to Haiti, I know they need the help, but it's a waste :/ We cannot keep pumping money and food to them and believe one day they will be able to survive on their own.
Plus that we are the world remake was stupid XD I'm sorry, but it was.

Haiti's been ******** up since... What, Napoleon's days?

Sending money or pretending to care isn't going to do s**t. Their country was in ruins before now, they've had bad earthquakes in the past, and only now are people starting to care. Why is this?

We've had times before that we could have helped, times that we weren't in debt, times with better chance of employment. So why are we suddenly dropping everything and pretending we actually give a s**t?

I am not going to feel sympathy for a country I don't care about, and honestly, I knew this s**t would happen eventually. I didn't know everybody would just drop everything and compete for Most Charitable Soul or Biggest Douche Bag (which was recently claimed by Pat Robertson, the a**), but I knew the earthquake was coming.
If they didn't want this s**t to happen, maybe they should have packed up and got their asses out of there the best they could.

did you hear about the native americans who freezed to death cuz the power went out after a snow storm? and because of haiti the red cross couldint "help" them. americans died and no one gave a f**k.

why should i help haiti again???

Tipsy Exhibitionist

Oh gee. I would, but there are videogames I want to buy.
Aidan Wallcroft III
Indigo Optimist
Aidan Wallcroft III
Haiti is the worst Country ever, not only the people suck, the Government is Corrupt as ********, all they care is taking what they can and gtfo.

People kill each other with Machetes for christ sake, Ive seen it with my eyes.

I hope a Tsunami comes and rapes that stupid country so everyone dies and Real countries can focus on REAL problems.

Bahahahahaha!
Sorry but I really wasn't expecting such a violent out burst as the first post!

s**t Happens.

That's some funny s**t!
Not the content, but the way it was placed in the thread
you people are soo mean wat if u live in hatiti and no body care about u well al i want is people to help the world but u can even donate a dollar or more or even a penny but no sooo i wish u will al die if u dont care about hatit
askira3
you people are soo mean wat if u live in hatiti and no body care about u well al i want is people to help the world but u can even donate a dollar or more or even a penny but no sooo i wish u will al die if u dont care about hatit
That's not very nice.
I think now we should be helping the people of Chile.
They were struck with such a powerful earthquake that it shorted our days by like a second.
Also the earthquake that struck Chile, was worst than the one that struck Haiti.
Kyiona
I think now we should be helping the people of Chile.
They were struck with such a powerful earthquake that it shorted our days by like a second.
Also the earthquake that struck Chile, was worst than the one that struck Haiti.
And Chile sucks less than Haiti, at least they make good burritos in Chile.
Angry Mushroom Soup
          Dood, I live my own life. Let it be. The nature knows what she has to do.
askira3

i would deal with it. confused .so what if the world dosint care about me. i wish people would just shut the f**k up about our lives and theirs. they where poor then their still poor know. some of us bust our A** to put food on the table. so you want us to help total strangers we well probly never meet? i think not. we have problems 2 u know.
******** Haiti.
askira3

And how much have you donated? Have much time have you volunteered to help Haiti out? I'm living paycheck to paycheck right now. Sorry if I'm not worried about a broken country because of my own damn problems. I have ME to look after. Forgive some of us for thinking that our government should help it's own people first. rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff