Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Hunter

I have no idea what this is, can someone explain it to me please??:'o

Lonely Seeker

9,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Anons are the kind gaians who decide to give gifts to other gaians, normally the gifts aren't that expensive but they give wonderful messages that is normally a story or poem, occasionally art.(Though some give small messages, it's the thought that counts) Sometimes anons will give items off of wishlists, sometimes something they got for free.
In my opinions all the anons are amazing people for how much time and effort they put in to brighten someone's day.
Although I don't know how much longer the anons will stay on this forum, I do have some advice if you want it for next time...

Desirable Hunter

Ryukurai52
Anons are the kind gaians who decide to give gifts to other gaians, normally the gifts aren't that expensive but they give wonderful messages that is normally a story or poem, occasionally art.(Though some give small messages, it's the thought that counts) Sometimes anons will give items off of wishlists, sometimes something they got for free.
In my opinions all the anons are amazing people for how much time and effort they put in to brighten someone's day.
Although I don't know how much longer the anons will stay on this forum, I do have some advice if you want it for next time...

Sure ^ ^ I love advice:'P

Lonely Seeker

9,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Tragic Grace
Ryukurai52

Okay, well...this is all stuff I've noticed...but next time you go into an anon forum, just talk to people and have fun like its any regular thread, the anons don't like being called out, they prefer to choose people on their own. I also know there are certain anons that will avoid gifting anyone they see asking for a gift.
If you're there for a while and still don't get anything, just realize that there are tons of people who also want the gifts and a limited amount of anons, there are so many people who complain about not getting anything and not getting something expensive it's just rude to the anons. Just keep a positive attitude XD
Don't ever bug people that you know are anons, I've had someone ask me what I had in my inventory and another person pm me to make sure I'd send them something. I gave nothing to either of them.
Unless the anon invites it, don't try to figure out who an anon is or ask for them to tell you, if they give you hints to find it out then by all means you can look, just don't ask in a public place, if you think you know who it is then pm them or gift them back. Anons gift anonymously for a reason.
I've seen enough people who have just abused all of that and I've seen others reacting badly to it, not even just the anons...I'm not saying you're going to do any of this, it's just advice for before you even start and I know the anons will appreciate you if you choose to follow it.
Also, though this is a personal choice, a ton of people create threads purely to thank the anons, typically it's a single thread with appreciation all around but sometimes people will create individual ones to catch an anon's attention with that name. Sometimes its because they want to talk to the anon about something, sometimes its because they want to specially thank the anon because either the story/poem/art spoke to them or because it was an item they really wanted. People also put their thanks in the threads they were posting in because that had to have been where the anon found them, but your appreciation is your choice...I just know sometimes I'll go somewhere that has a person thanking others and gift there because I know it'll mean something to them *shh its a secret* but that's not how I choose overall, that one's a secret.
In the end, just realize that the anons give out gifts by choice, don't believe that because others get gifts that are worth a lot they're any better or that you deserve a gift as well. Anons are real people with real feelings.
Once again, I'm not saying that I expect you to do any of this or act in any of the ways I mentioned. I am merely saying it has been done and pointing out that it isn't appreciated and giving advice so that you can have the most fun possible here.
One thing I've always believed is if you expect something big to happen, you get lots of disappointment and when it comes you are never surprised, you just get what you expected. Meanwhile if you expect nothing then every little thing is a surprise and if you get something amazing it'll be so much better because you never even expected something small, let alone something that may be on your wishlist!

Desirable Hunter

Im so glad you could share this with me! I wouldn't have done those things even if you didnt tell me but glad that i have advice from you:] Thank you very much <3
Ryukurai52
Tragic Grace
Ryukurai52

Okay, well...this is all stuff I've noticed...but next time you go into an anon forum, just talk to people and have fun like its any regular thread, the anons don't like being called out, they prefer to choose people on their own. I also know there are certain anons that will avoid gifting anyone they see asking for a gift.
If you're there for a while and still don't get anything, just realize that there are tons of people who also want the gifts and a limited amount of anons, there are so many people who complain about not getting anything and not getting something expensive it's just rude to the anons. Just keep a positive attitude XD
Don't ever bug people that you know are anons, I've had someone ask me what I had in my inventory and another person pm me to make sure I'd send them something. I gave nothing to either of them.
Unless the anon invites it, don't try to figure out who an anon is or ask for them to tell you, if they give you hints to find it out then by all means you can look, just don't ask in a public place, if you think you know who it is then pm them or gift them back. Anons gift anonymously for a reason.
I've seen enough people who have just abused all of that and I've seen others reacting badly to it, not even just the anons...I'm not saying you're going to do any of this, it's just advice for before you even start and I know the anons will appreciate you if you choose to follow it.
Also, though this is a personal choice, a ton of people create threads purely to thank the anons, typically it's a single thread with appreciation all around but sometimes people will create individual ones to catch an anon's attention with that name. Sometimes its because they want to talk to the anon about something, sometimes its because they want to specially thank the anon because either the story/poem/art spoke to them or because it was an item they really wanted. People also put their thanks in the threads they were posting in because that had to have been where the anon found them, but your appreciation is your choice...I just know sometimes I'll go somewhere that has a person thanking others and gift there because I know it'll mean something to them *shh its a secret* but that's not how I choose overall, that one's a secret.
In the end, just realize that the anons give out gifts by choice, don't believe that because others get gifts that are worth a lot they're any better or that you deserve a gift as well. Anons are real people with real feelings.
Once again, I'm not saying that I expect you to do any of this or act in any of the ways I mentioned. I am merely saying it has been done and pointing out that it isn't appreciated and giving advice so that you can have the most fun possible here.
One thing I've always believed is if you expect something big to happen, you get lots of disappointment and when it comes you are never surprised, you just get what you expected. Meanwhile if you expect nothing then every little thing is a surprise and if you get something amazing it'll be so much better because you never even expected something small, let alone something that may be on your wishlist!

Lonely Seeker

9,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Tragic Grace
Im so glad you could share this with me! I wouldn't have done those things even if you didnt tell me but glad that i have advice from you:] Thank you very much <3
Ryukurai52
Tragic Grace
Ryukurai52

I'm glad you didn't get offended by me bringing it up XP And I figured with how polite you are you wouldn't wink have fun XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff