Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Sweetheart

"H-h-hello...u-um...I r-really wasn't...expecting anything, b-but...it would seem I've been found none the less..." A very light blush spreads across the face of the blue-haired mermaid.

"I-it wouldn't be right, not to say th-thank you, s-so I will do so h-here." She smiles softly with a slight nod.

Timid Sweetheart

Quote:
Life is an immense dream. Why toil?
All day long I drowse with wine,
And lie by the post at the front door.
Awakening, I gaze upon the garden trees,
And, hark, a bird is singing among the flowers.
Pray, what season may this be?
Ah, the songster's a mango-bird,
Singing to the passing wind of spring.
I muse and muse myself to sadness,
Once more I pour my wine, and singing aloud,
Await the bright moonrise.
My song is ended--
What troubled my soul? I remember not.

-Bittersweet Anon

"O-oh my, it would seem I have heard from you again. Y-you always seem so s-sad, I wish I could do something to ch-cheer you up," the mermaid frowns ever so slightly.

"Th-thank you for the poem, h-however. Your words, even though sad, are really very lovely. The f-flower you sent was a-also quite beautiful as well. Th-thank you very much!"

Timid Sweetheart

Quote:
Spring time has come, all things are new again.
The ice of winter has thawed, the wind of autumn has been stilled, the heat of summer has been tempered, all things have been renewed.
We live again, and breathe again with all things fresh.
As new flowers blossom, others reach their full bloom.
The beauty of spring,
All those tainted are now washed.
Things whether withered by weather or burnt, all is renewed.
The ice of winter becomes the waters of life.
The heat of the summer sun becomes the tender light of spring.
Autumns wind, has now become the cool, warm breeze that cools my mind.
Spring what a lovely time it is, the season when plants are green.
This is the time of year when we see the most beautiful flowers ever seen.

-Bittersweet Anon

"S-such lovely words, miss," she smiles warmly. "Y-you truly are a very talented poet. Th-thank you very much for another l-letter and another l-lovely poem. I a-am very glad to h-hear you sounding a l-little better from when we m-met last."

Timid Sweetheart

Quote:
As the sweet blackberry&s modest bloom,
Fair flowering, greets the sight,
Or strawberries, in their rich perfume,
Fragrance and bloom unite,
So this fair plant of tender youth,
In outward charms can vie,
And from within the soul of truth,
Soft beaming fills the eye.

Pulse of my heart! Dear source of care,
Stolen sighs, and love-breathed vows!
Sweeter than when through scented air
Bloom the apple boughs!
With thee no day can chill,
Thou the soft breeze, the cheering beam,
That keeps it summer still.

-Bittersweet Anon

Her eyes light up at the sound of the word 'strawberries', one of her favorites.

"Th-thank you again, m-miss, for the l-lovely w-words. I-I always love to r-read your words, a-and I am g-glad you seem to be h-happier. I-I don't...like it when people are s-sad." She smiles brightly.

Timid Sweetheart

Quote:
I meant to do my work today,
But a brown bird sang in the apple tree,
And a butterfly flitted across the field,
And all the leaves were calling me.

And the wind went sighing over the land,
Tossing the grasses to and fro,
And a rainbow held out its shining hand--
So what could I do but go?

-Bittersweet Anon

She smiles and nods her head.

"Y-yes...I must admit that I l-love the water, b-but I have f-found that there are some v-very beautiful things on l-land as w-well. W-work is all well and g-good, b-but sometimes it's important to t-take a b-break."

Timid Sweetheart

Quote:
A tale must still be told
Although it may yet fail
Of mortal woman&s wond&ring wish:
Swap feet for mermaid&s tail

O Mermaid what&s it like to swim
B&neath surface of the sea?
With dolphins for companions
Alluring, fresh, and free?

The mermaid pauses for a moment in thought, trying to decide how best to describe it. A bright smile graces her lips, and her eyes seem to light up just at the mere thought of being under the water.

"The l-land is v-very b-beautiful I've f-found, but still, n-nothing can compare to m-my home in the w-water. S-swimming under the w-water is the m-most amazing f-feeling in the w-world. I-I wish I could b-better describe it, b-but...I-I'm afraid words w-wouldn't do it j-justice."

Timid Sweetheart

Quote:
At times kind friends have mentioned
It&s better to pretend
Just try the look, just wear the tail
Your fantasies will mend

O Mermaid, here&s my quandary:
Pretend will not permit
I wasn&t born with mermaid&s grace
Such slipper doesn&t fit!

Fluidity is often lost
In mortal woman&s face
Ambition steals serenity
Life&s sorrows tax our grace

O Mermaid, would you guide me then?
Will you take the helm?
Reveal those worlds I cannot see
In your enchanted realm

-Bittersweet Anon

She closes her eyes for a moment, seemingly pondering once again. How best to describe what it was like to live under the water?

"It is...a b-beautiful place, m-miss. A w-world of b-blue and endless vastness to e-explore. Th-there's an endless array of c-colors in the form of v-various different f-fish and c-coral. O-of course, we have our r-rules just like anyone e-else... S-sadly I am not a-allowed to b-bring anyone to our h-home. N-not unless they p-plan to stay f-forever." She says with a sad smile.

Timid Sweetheart

Quote:

- From your ever faithful student, XXXXXX

"O-oh! I-I um...r-remind you of s-someone?" The mermaid seems a tad perplexed, wondering just who this person is that seems to know her.

"H-h-have we m-met before? I-I don't think I-I've seen you a-around."

Timid Sweetheart

Quote:
This particular anon doesn't prefer to send her gifts through conventional means. No, messengers and disappearances as soon as they had come were not her style. This one made use of the skills at her disposal to make the experience a little more lively. A sudden flash of light materializing over the head of the receiver, then a neatly-wrapped package landing softly in one's hands. She wondered if she liked the reactions to her method of delivering gifts more than giving the gift itself. Do enjoy the gift.~

The mermaid was really quite happily enjoying a day above the water when suddenly there was a flash of light above her. Her eyes immediately widened in fear and a shrill scream escaped her lips and she began to look around frantically to find the source.

"A-a-ahh!" She cried out again as a gift suddenly appeared and landed in her hands. She stared down at it in fright for a few moments, almost as though if she were contemplating opening it or not. Wh-what if it was some kind of trap..?

Eventually curiosity got the better of her, however, and she opened it slowly. A bright smile graced her lips, and she held the small necklace up to the light.

"Um...w-w-well, I d-d-don't know who you a-a-are, b-but th-thank you!"

Timid Sweetheart

Quote:
As if on inpulse, the very next day. I stop by the same spot I saw you, sighing gently as I look out onto the sea. I gently place a cupcake on top of one of the posts, before turning away, slowly walking down the pier, already feeling better about myself.
&She deserves a gift...& I whisper softly under my breath.

The mermaid waits cautiously until she hears the sound of footsteps retreating before surfacing. Upon seeing the cupcake her eyes light up and she quickly snatches it up and begins to eat it. Ah! S-strawberry! Her favorite!

"Th-thank you v-very much!" She smiles brightly as she finishes the last of her cupcake.

Timid Sweetheart

Quote:
We went to catch a few luvdisc to give,
There were only Staryu catching the line.
So we captured them all for you to see,
You are the star we gaze at night.

Team Rocket's Profit Expansion Division,
Buson and Bashou

The mermaid eyes the pair cautiously as they approach her, her usually fearful personality apparent.

"M-m-me? A s-s-star?" She seems quite confused at this, not sure what to make of it.

"U-um, th-thank you for the h-headband, it was p-pretty." She smiles a bit, though still quite cautious.

Timid Sweetheart

Quote:
The high-flown hawk has moments
When his radiant wings of grace
Will graze the golden sun before a fall,
But tiny dormant things
With barely any face
Survive the night,
And from their lowest place
Preserve the future for us all.

So from this small window
To the moon-gripped night,
My heart breathes with them
Slowly, slowly travelling to light.

-Bittersweet Anon

The mermaid listens quietly to the words, always loving to hear the elegant way they weave together.

"Th-thank you for stopping by again, miss. You word yourself s-so elegantly."

Timid Sweetheart

Quote:
The purple-haired youth absent-mindedly made sure the wrappings around his limbs were intact. He had always done that around you, or more specifically, around the water. He had never told you why it was so important that he kept his hands and feet covered, and you never pried. He had his reasons, you figured.
''Hey... Umm,'' he started with the utmost elegance. ''Y'know, sometimes... Uhh...''
He clearly had no idea how he was going to put what he wanted to say. This wasn't a strange or uncommon occurrence. You just smiled and waited for him to spit it out.
The boy softly swore and began pacing on the rocks by the water's edge. You could practically hear the lightbulb go off in his silly, little head when he straightened up in an instant and turned to face you in the warm waters.
''Y'know how the oceans have high-tide and low-tide? During high-tide, the area gets flooded. The water is at its peak. And then it recedes into low-tide, leaving the water at its lowest. The high always returns to low; the low always returns to high. Most and least, in a little endless circle.
''So for me, you are the moon that has caused my low-tide to turn into the high-tide of love! But with the high comes the low, and my curse is...your...orbit?''
The boy made a face and swore again. You laughed.
''This isn't a very good analogy... I'm sorry.''
You smiled in encouragement. His eyes, though... They usually seemed so happy. Today they were darker. What was that he had mentioned about a curse earlier?
''I just--I...I can't think very straight right now, and I'm not really sure how to put it any other way. I'm terribly sorry. It's just that, the curse of the drifter means that once I've fallen in love, I have to... leave.''
He reached a hand into the pouch sitting on his hips and withdrew a small box. Then he did something he had never done before: he walked into the water to get close to you. In the past he had always floated just above the water's reach, to protect the wrappings. A gasp escaped your lips, and tears p***k at your eyes.
''It's not much, but it's still something to remember me by.''
The water turns the bandages soggy; they start to slowly unravel. Not that you noticed. No, you were too busy looking straight into his eyes, searching for some hint of doubt, half-heartedly expecting him to yell out ''Gotcha!''
But he didn't. He handed you the gift.
''Goodbye, my sweet mermaid.''
With one leap, he flew into the air fast, kicking up a salty sea spray. The bandages that had been around his feet fell off and lazily twisted in the water like snakes. Before you could even comprehend what had just happened, he was gone. There wasn't so much as a spec in the sky. Just...gone. The water suddenly didn't feel quite as warm.
You looked down at the gift he had given you. On the gift, there was a small tag, and written on the tag was single word that read: ''Floating''.

The mermaid listened to him as he tried to babble on an explanation, a small smile on her face. Truth be told she was really quite oblivious about such things and it wasn't until he mentioned the word 'love' that she finally realized what it was he was saying. By then however it was too late.

It had taken him so long to admit how he felt about her and now he was leaving her? She didn't even have time to answer about her own feelings...though what those might have been she was really uncertain. It had never been something she had thought about...until now.

Her eyes welled with tears, hoping this was all some kind of joke. Why were his eyes so dark? It was like he wasn't even the same person she had grown to feel so comfortable around. Where was his usual cheerful and carefree attitude..? She didn't like this new him at all. It was almost as though he was serious about having to leave...

Before she could even ask him to say, he was handing her a gift. She stared down at it for only a moment, and before she could even look up again, he was...gone. Just like that. The water she had found so warm and comforting began to grow cold, almost as though mourning the loss of her dear friend along with her. A few more tears welled up in her eyes as she stared up towards the sky, whispering a very soft 'farewell'.

((Ah! Such a sad story, but it was very well written. Thank you! :3))

Timid Sweetheart

Quote:
User Image Hello miss. I appear to be in quite the predicament, could you please assist me? Oh, and if possible, please don't ask...

The mermaid stares at the tied up man, both perplexed and slightly frightened. Well, he wasn't so scary all tied up...though it did leave her to wonder, just why was he all tied up? Wh-what if he was dangerous?!

Cautiously she moves a tad closer, eying him suspiciously.

"M-m-maybe, b-b-but h-how do I kn-know you're n-not d-dangerous?" She asks in a shaky voice.
Frightened Mermaid Anon
((Ah! Such a sad story, but it was very well written. Thank you! :3))

Well written? It was a b***h to write, 'cause when I started writing it, I realized that I as the author had no idea what I was going to say. Despite that, I really wanted to send you something, because during Valentine's I wanted to send you something as well, but the character I wanted to use wouldn't really work out with someone who spends a lot of time in the water due to the story's format. Then I changed Floating's stories and found out that I could make a story work with a mermaid!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff