Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I guess things have slowed down enough in the sub-forum, with so many people having finished the event that I can't expect anons to pour in the way that they used to.

Lonely Spirit Anon's Significant Otter

Married Nerd

8,500 Points
  • Married 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100
Matasoga

She smiled, he seemed to be enjoying his apple, which was good. Her mood relaxed to a more comfortable one, feeling no need for her Sa' laths protection anymore. "If you like these, you should have tasted the ones back on the isle. Those were the most delicious apples one could ever taste...you could get lost for eternity in one bite." she mused, remembering her better days on the fair folk. She pressed her lips to her apple in thought. It didn't even come close to what she remembered. She missed those days. But, she took a bite...it was still pretty good.

She leaned against the new tree and looked up at the leaves, "I am pleased spring is here, my trees will finally be able to lift their roots without fear of cold."

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Mistletoe Anon

"I am really much more of a meat-eater but I'd have to be uncivilized to turn down something like this," he said. "If you won't come to the guildhall with me, will you somehow impart a renewable source of these apples for me? They would truly make the best cider."
"And about your trees... Do they walk?" he asked.

Married Nerd

8,500 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
Matasoga

Her eyes became sly for just a moment, but snapped back to their sweet sparkle, "Do you wish to make a deal with me? Do you dare make a deal with the folk?" she said, almost as if in warning. Her kin were known for trickier, and she to was known to trip those who so willingly fell into it. Though, her jokes were quite harmless. "One should be very careful on making bargains with a folk, even favors such as apples for cider can be twisted. I shall not do this, however..."she mused, spinning her apple on the tip of her pointer, "you deserve no such foolishness."

She chuckled, "Do not all trees walk? You just haven't seen it. They are quite shy. Though, they enjoy tripping those who come to close. Have you not noticed that?" she turned her head to the side to look at him.

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Mistletoe Anon
Matasoga chuckled, and a somehow serpentine look flashed in his eyes, though his smile stayed sincere.
"Fair folk may be known for making tricky deals, but dragons are not known for losing. Had you chosen that path, I'd request a contract, read it over, send it back and sign it by about the fourth or fifth draft, if it were acceptable that early." he said with an air of confidence that at least bordered on arrogance... Which was, to be fair, another draconic trait.
"I have it on good authority that trees, in my world do not walk, in any literal sense. I do not deign to speak for your world, however," he said.

Married Nerd

8,500 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
Matasoga

Her laughter was loud and childish, "Ah, a dragon I see. Yes, well, one can never trick a dragon..."she kept up her chuckle, taking a bite of her apple again. "I would never dare try to trick a dragon. I tried once before..." her face seemed very amused by this, "and now we're friends...after a long fight that neither could hope to win." she grinned at the thought of her friend. "Is it just a trait of your kin to be about rules? Or is that just her?" she tilted her head, curiously. You didn't come across a dragon in the flesh of man very often.

"How odd that your trees do not walk, though. Such a shame, they are such wonderful dancers..."

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Mistletoe Anon

"In my world, it differs by the dragons. Law and evil live in the hearts of green dragons and blue dragons, such as myself, though as you can see I am only half-dragon. Chaos and evil are the driving forces behind black, white, and red dragons. The chromatic dragons are far less rapacious, but the gold, silver and brass, I believe are no less lawfully aligned. Copper and bronze are more chaotic," he explained.

Married Nerd

8,500 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
Matasoga

Well that was a curious thing, "It is determined by birth what you are and how you should act? Does not seem fair...or perhaps it is threaded into their genes like a silks need to dance in the moonlight..."she wondered this for a moment. "You do not seem so evil to me....though perhaps it is your half human self that dictates your life?" she had to ask. She was human once, when she returned to the folk she no longer looked the same...or felt the same. Her emotions had grown more human...which of course was her downfall in the end. With a sigh, she pushed it to the back of her mind, "Do you not choice your own path, or do you choice what is laid before?"

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Mistletoe Anon

"I should say a bit of both," Matasoga said. "I was born with an innate predisposition to law and order. If I saw things in chaos, I made every attempt to line it up as I saw fit and situate myself at the top if I was able to do so and willing to commit to it. I have lead a life where this is most often possible," he began. "And I have enjoyed the many benefits that my forethought and caution have allowed me."
"If, on the contrary, I had been born amongst barbaric savages, such as those that comprise most ogre tribes, and all around me was chaos, things would be most different indeed. I would see the thinkers, philosophizers, and sometimes even brilliant strategists fall the the bloody blade of a sword, then I imagine I would have abandoned my lawful disposition before it was fully realized," he concluded.
"I am not evil," he said. "But just as surely I am not good. I have decided to walk the path of neutrality between those two extremes. When it comes to law and chaos, I have most firmly chosen one over the other. I cannot say with certainty that this is the result of my heritage, but those born of dragons, devils, and other such beings who are mystically tied to an alignment are very rarely more than one step away from it."
"You might say those who are not of human born are set upon a path. They can beat their way to a different path, through hard work and effort, but so far I have found this path both comfortable and rewarding," He finished, taking a final bite of apple and discarding the core.

Married Nerd

8,500 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
Matasoga

She quite liked that explanation, "So you fallow what you think suits you? I see..."she thought about that for a moment, finishing her apple and spitting the seeds into her hand. She absentmindedly placed then in her poach for safe keeping. She watched as he discarded the apple, letting it fall as it pleased. A tree would grow there, if he so willed it. "I like that you fallow your will, but understand it is where you are raised that molds you most..." she had to think of her own home after that.

"I was born of spring wind and drifted to my Mother Tree," she said that with the highest affections, "she took care of me in my seedling years on. I'm sure if I had not rooted there...I would be much different then I am now."

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Mistletoe Anon

"I was wondering about that," he said. "Precisely what manner of being are you?"

Married Nerd

8,500 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
Matasoga

She was quiet for a long time. Most would just call her a sprite, but she wasn't that, nor was she human. "Most would call me a sprite of...higher degree." is the best she could come up with. "I take care of forests and nature itself..." she said vaguely.

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Mistletoe Anon

"I see," he said, simply, deciding that this was the most concise answer he was likely to get. Ultimately he decided that there wasn't to be a directly related creature in his world and even if there were, it would likely fall under areas not under his focus of study.

Married Nerd

8,500 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
Matasoga

Her ears flicked up, moving about like a radar, searching for something in the skies. "It is time for me to go..." she whispered, turning to leave. Before she did so, she looked at the man, "I hope I shall see you again the next time the winds change...." she said with very little emotion echoing out. It was indeed time to go...for the season had ended, and she needed to return to her tree...

She took off on a run in the hopes that she would make it in time.

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Mistletoe Anon

Matasoga raised a brow but said nothing as he watched her walk away, deciding to chalk it up to the capriciousness for which the fey were known.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff