Welcome to Gaia! ::

Graduated with GPA of 4.35 with rank of 23 out of 500 with High Honor. Attending UW-Madison with Chancellor's Scholarship. Walked across the stage with 3 chords for Leadership, Top 10%, and Service. Majoring in Art and going for BFA in Graphic Design.

Don't know what I'm getting for AP stuff though...
not there yet crying

2,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
I'm graduating with a 2:2 in BA(hons) Music from the University of Chichester England smile
bunnieXprince
Graduated with GPA of 4.35 with rank of 23 out of 500 with High Honor. Attending UW-Madison with Chancellor's Scholarship. Walked across the stage with 3 chords for Leadership, Top 10%, and Service. Majoring in Art and going for BFA in Graphic Design.

How do you get a GPA above 4.0?
GPA of 4.35, top 10% of my class (ranked Magna c** Laude, but last I checked my class rank when my school had it I was 42 out of 1000-ish students). Had a stole (is that how you spell it?) for Magna c** Laude and a chord for National Honor Society.

And for the fall, go New York University Violets! XD
Soldi Argent
bunnieXprince

Depending on the school, some schools weight the grades differently depending on the level of the class. For example, my school weighted honors classes so that A's were 4.5, B's were 3.5, and C was 2.0 and D was 1.0. AP classes were A=5.0, B=4.0, C=3.0, and D=1.0. It all just depends on the school which is why gpa doesn't quite matter anymore for college admissions but rather the actual nature of the class you took (at least, that's what I heard?)
black ink artist
Soldi Argent
bunnieXprince

Depending on the school, some schools weight the grades differently depending on the level of the class. For example, my school weighted honors classes so that A's were 4.5, B's were 3.5, and C was 2.0 and D was 1.0. AP classes were A=5.0, B=4.0, C=3.0, and D=1.0. It all just depends on the school which is why gpa doesn't quite matter anymore for college admissions but rather the actual nature of the class you took (at least, that's what I heard?)

Hm. I think some colleges ask for your unweighted GPA too, so they just count any A as a 4.0...

That's dumb. It should be the same at all schools. 'Cause scholarships don't necessarily look at your classes, just your GPA, and it's unfair that just because someone goes to a different school they can get a higher GPA.

Unbeatable Hunter

Just finished my bachelor degree in chemical engineering, graduated with college honors
i graduated and heading to college.

hey u guys can u go to this website. and help me win a scholarship for college. i really need ur help, if i dont win then i might not be able to go to college. theres no way i can take out loans crying . maybe u can check out my pic. and give ur comment on it. also if can. vote on it! lol. this would be a huge favor u guys. all u have to do is click this link. create a temp. account with a real email so u can verify the account. and go back to the link and vote on it, its really simple. less than 5 mins! I hope I can get ur support. anyway ill stop talking now so u can go ahead to the link now. thank you!!!

and here it is: http://fastweb15years.com/entries/2607/

Ta-DA!
Soldi Argent
bunnieXprince

AP classes 3nodding
bunnieXprince
Soldi Argent
bunnieXprince

AP classes 3nodding

It doesn't work like that at my school. No matter what you get in the one AP class we have, you still can't get any higher than a 4.0.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff