Welcome to Gaia! ::

Congrats! By the time I got to that point in Undergrad I was too burned out to care anymore. I enjoyed that blissful summer of nothing before starting right back in at Grad school. I did feel the intense jubilation when I got my Grad school grades. I was never afraid of failing, but I did manage to graduate Suma c** Laude. I was proud of that one. smile
Congratulations! It must be so nice to know that you are done!

And welcome to the world of the now college graduate xp I am sure though that you will not have much of a problem finding a job!

Best of wishes, and luck, to you!

Quotable Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Theawesomemanman
Ginger Bird
Theawesomemanman
Ginger Bird
Theawesomemanman
Ginger Bird

At my school it is filled with jocks, a dilemma that wold be solved by raising the math requirement. They would then flutter off to the philosophy department to annoy the potheads.

You don't like jocks or potheads do you?

Well I like philosophy to biggrin

What specific department did you decide to go with in Economics, Micro, Macro, or did you just do economics?

We'll its not that they play sports, it just that they complain way too much about thier professors and thier school worl Half the time they don't care. But, there has to be a department where our school's precious sailing team can get a major.

I'm just teasing about the pothead thing. mrgreen But there is nothing more entertaining than an annoyed philosophy major.

But, as for econ, I go to a small liberal arts school. All of our departments are rather small, so there is no specializing between micro and macro. I do prefer micro with a dash of finance mixed in.

Yeah I can agree with you on the part about people complaining about their professors and school work. I also find it disrespectful when people talk crap about their professors to and say vile things. I think people can forget that their professors are human beings with feelings just like they are.

I'm not really a fan of sports either, never have. I kind of laugh at the whole idea to. I don't pitty people for enjoying sports, but I do sometimes think the only reason they like it is because everyone else likes them and it's just another mindless thing they can talk about in social situations. I think finding patterns in people is really interesting.

Oh you like finance to? That's also my other major I'm thinking about pursuing. I'm still a freshmen in college so I still have a lot of time to think about it. I'm in my first macroeconomics class this quarter and I absolutely love it. I'm fascinated by macroeconomics. Also finance is extremely interesting to me as well. Also it would be really cool to be a microeconomist for a business and you'd have to deal with supply vs demand, prices, working around price floors and price ceilings, etc, etc.

The thing I like most about Macro is that I actually understand what is going on in the world today. Greek financial crisis? Only only one in my family that understands it. The problem is that I hate the graphs in macro. Micro seems a lot more logical.

My college doesn't offer finance as a major. (My school really is a liberal arts college.)

Yeah that's why one reason why I like macro so much is because I can actually understand what's going on in economies and I can come up with my own theories about how to solve economic recessions.

Micro and Macro are both logical, I just believe that Micro is more factual and set in stone. Macro deals with such a big picture that almost anything can effect the economy, which makes it really unpredictable and nothing is set in stone in macroeconomics, it's all fuzzy logic. But I personally love fuzzy logic, that's another reason why I like Macroeconomics so much. I love using fuzzy logic, I like thinking up theories that aren't set in stone and could possibly be wrong and it always gives me time to think up a better theory and constantly looking for flaws in my thinking.

But when you learn micro it is more like A leads to B which leads to C. Because Macro is more complicated, learning Macro involves more memorization until you get to more advanced levels. I hate memorization. If I wanted to memorize, I would be a biology major.

I have always thought it would be interesting to do an economic analysis of the Gain economy. I wonder how much inflation the market place had experienced. (This would be difficult because the shops have fixed prices.)
YOUR WELCOME!!! (You know when someone gives you 300k plus items it is only nice to say thanks)

Quotable Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Farie Mary
YOUR WELCOME!!! (You know when someone gives you 300k plus items it is only nice to say thanks)

Sorry, I thought you had logged out already....

But, thank you.
Congrats!!!!!!

Tipsy Smoker

9,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Gongratu-friggin'-lations!!! biggrin

I've been out of high school for 3 years and have done nothing with my life! sweatdrop Off to art school next fall! xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff