Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Worshipper

10,800 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
taking a year off to learn spanish (but mostly party)

anybody else? why?

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Same. Mostly because I don't really know what I want to do just yet, I'll probably do a bunch of odd jobs and figure out what works for me.

Shameless Worshipper

10,800 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
best of luck to you whee
My siblings spent a semester in Montréal to work at a hostel, back when Canada didn't asked for visas to Mexicans ^^

7,225 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
i wanna take a year off when i graduate, but my parents wont let me, and nor will my sibs or anyone, therez soo much pressure on me to get into university first time around crying crying crying
i dont realy see the point coz i dont even know what courses i wanna take or what i wanna become

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200

Aged Informer

Starlyte3
i wanna take a year off when i graduate, but my parents wont let me, and nor will my sibs or anyone, therez soo much pressure on me to get into university first time around crying crying crying
i dont realy see the point coz i dont even know what courses i wanna take or what i wanna become

They have the right of it sad to say. Taking a year off just to goof around doesn't help you later in life. By the way you say university I kind get the feeling thar your not from the USA? Even if you don't know what to study the may I suggest looking at larger institution and not a small focused one. Rarely do students stick with thier orginal course of instruction (if they have one).

The best method is to start with the university general requirements while taking class you find interesting by description and review. Personaly I went from phyisics to geography, and now work in education as IT support.

Shameless Worshipper

10,800 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Brasten
Starlyte3

They have the right of it sad to say. Taking a year off just to goof around doesn't help you later in life. By the way you say university I kind get the feeling thar your not from the USA? Even if you don't know what to study the may I suggest looking at larger institution and not a small focused one. Rarely do students stick with thier orginal course of instruction (if they have one).

The best method is to start with the university general requirements while taking class you find interesting by description and review. Personaly I went from phyisics to geography, and now work in education as IT support.

a gap year is so much more than goofing around. i'm going to be spending this year applying for scholarships, working, and doing a ton of volunteer work (the ultimate goal is to build up my voter base because i want to go into politics). I'm sorry but i think that taking a year off can be super helpful. i'd rather take this year off to make myself more appealing to schools than have loads of debt after college. and i'd certainly rather take a year off to get a general feel for what i want to do than waste thousands of dollars at a big university only to discover that i want to go to beauty school. make no mistake, taking a year off to goof around probably won't help anyone but not everyone who takes a gap year is just goofing off

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff