Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Hoarder

Any current or former students here?
I have some questions.
=]

Ladykiller

I was considering going, but ended up at SFSU. Florida is too hot.

:]

Eloquent Hoarder

~Love Will Tear Us Apart~

lol.
Yeah, I'm too pale for that much sun.
But so far I really like the school.
How is SFSU?
What's your major?

Ladykiller

SugarBabyBear

lol.
Yeah, I'm too pale for that much sun.
But so far I really like the school.
How is SFSU?
What's your major?

I really like it. I've been wanting to go there for years, but for a while was entertaining other options like Full Sail and University of the Pacific. It basically came down to Florida is hot and on the East Coast, UoP is really nice, but it is still in Stockton (It is between Sacramento and San Francisco, but a bit south. Not the greatest place to live, though on campus it is just fine. You just can't leave the UoP bubble) and I have always loved SF for the climate and the accessibility to everything.

I'm going to be a cinema major. Just registered for classes this past weekend. I don't actually start a cinema class until next year as I have all my general ed to get out of the way, but I am able to continue French.

What about you?

Eloquent Hoarder

I really like it. I've been wanting to go there for years, but for a while was entertaining other options like Full Sail and University of the Pacific. It basically came down to Florida is hot and on the East Coast, UoP is really nice, but it is still in Stockton (It is between Sacramento and San Francisco, but a bit south. Not the greatest place to live, though on campus it is just fine. You just can't leave the UoP bubble) and I have always loved SF for the climate and the accessibility to everything.

I'm going to be a cinema major. Just registered for classes this past weekend. I don't actually start a cinema class until next year as I have all my general ed to get out of the way, but I am able to continue French.

What about you?

Well, I'm currently juggling two community colleges trying to get my Associate's in Business Administration.
I want to go for a Bachelor's in Music Business.
Then maybe a master's in Entertainment Industry or Music Production.
But it's really hard to find a college that offers the Music Business option with the focus on the Business part rather than instrument playing.
Full Sail is one of the few that offered exactly what I wanted.
But I really want to go back to the West coast.
And I get a sunburn when it's sixty degrees out, so...yeah.
XD

Ladykiller

SugarBabyBear
Well, I'm currently juggling two community colleges trying to get my Associate's in Business Administration.
I want to go for a Bachelor's in Music Business.
Then maybe a master's in Entertainment Industry or Music Production.
But it's really hard to find a college that offers the Music Business option with the focus on the Business part rather than instrument playing.
Full Sail is one of the few that offered exactly what I wanted.
But I really want to go back to the West coast.
And I get a sunburn when it's sixty degrees out, so...yeah.
XD

Cool! Yeah, I really don't know if there is a Music Business major or department that hones in on the business at SFSU. I know there are a lot of Business majors, and a fair amount of Music majors, but not sure about between those two.

I hope to just do my BA in Cinema at SFSU, perhaps with a minor in French or History, then do a Masters program at UCLA or the London Film school. That is the ultimate goal, anyway. But I also might "take a break" between schools and join the Peace Corps or another organization like it and do a couple years of service. Hoping on an Eastern European country over the rest, even though with French I am likely to be aimed at Africa.

:/

Eloquent Hoarder

Cool! Yeah, I really don't know if there is a Music Business major or department that hones in on the business at SFSU. I know there are a lot of Business majors, and a fair amount of Music majors, but not sure about between those two.

I hope to just do my BA in Cinema at SFSU, perhaps with a minor in French or History, then do a Masters program at UCLA or the London Film school. That is the ultimate goal, anyway. But I also might "take a break" between schools and join the Peace Corps or another organization like it and do a couple years of service. Hoping on an Eastern European country over the rest, even though with French I am likely to be aimed at Africa.

:/

That's awesome.
I love French.
I studied it for a little over 6 years.
Of course, I forget everything now.
XD
But I loved it while I was learning it.
I was hoping to major in something like Public Relations or Journalism.
London sounds like it would be really awesome.
I've always dreamed of living in London.

Ladykiller

SugarBabyBear

That's awesome.
I love French.
I studied it for a little over 6 years.
Of course, I forget everything now.
XD
But I loved it while I was learning it.
I was hoping to major in something like Public Relations or Journalism.
London sounds like it would be really awesome.
I've always dreamed of living in London.

Haha, I've only taken three years of French so far, and my third's teacher wasn't so great, so I'm backtracking in French a bit to get a stronger foundation to build on. Plus I suck at conjugation and need time to go over it this summer. But yeah, I really do love the language. I also hope to start German at some point, but due to the budget cuts and whatnot everywhere it is harder to get classes you need let alone want.

Oh, I love IR. I'll be taking an IR class for my GE next semester, then also my Segment III cluster of classes (part of CSU GE requirements, it is a more concentrated group of classes on an area. there wasn't really a cinema/history/art area, so I went with IR).

I really want to go to London. I haven't been there ever, let alone anywhere else in Europe, but I do hope to be able to visit it and the campus within the next few years.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces